Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
STINKWEED_

German tokens - Another misleading event?

27 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
3,073 posts
15,907 battles

So here I am using my German ships to complete the German tokens missions thinking I'm going to earn a perma camo for my Hindenburg or Kurfurst. 

After looking more carefully, some missions require early access German  CVs that I don't and likely won't have. The perma camos cost 600 tokens but the most tokens we can earn if we don't have the early access CVs is 540.

Are there more tokens to be won elsewhere or is this another deception and a waste of time?  

  • Cool 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
367
[BUOY]
Members
1,008 posts
14,525 battles
2 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

So here I am using my German ships to complete the German tokens missions thinking I'm going to earn a perma camo for my Hindenburg or Kurfurst. 

After looking more carefully, some missions require early access German  CVs that I don't and likely won't have. The perma camos cost 600 tokens but the most tokens we can earn if we don't have the early access CVs is 540.

Are there more tokens to be won elsewhere or is this another deception and a waste of time?  

While the event in whole is confusing as all get out, they were quite clear in the tokens section that you can only earn 600 tokens if you get all 3 EA CV's AND have GZ/GZ-B, otherwise you gotta pay.

  • Cool 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,654
[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,735 posts

I wouldn't call it misleading, they never gave bad or deceptive info.

It's just... meh.  If you're not into carriers, there's nothing on the side besides some extra signals and such.  If you don't get the carriers in EA and don't have GZ, you're locked out of half the tokens, and if you're not going to get enough tokens for at least one of the permacamos, you're better off just letting them time out for credits in a couple months.

 

 

 

Edited by KilljoyCutter
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,376
[WOLFG]
Members
9,599 posts
8,569 battles
2 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

 

It's just... meh. 

 

 

Pretty much it.

I'll pick up a couple of camos, whatever the free CV boxes give out, and call it done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
156
[_BDA_]
Members
306 posts
4,827 battles

Looking at only the first 2 mission chains, each with 6 tasks for a total of 135 tokes (270 if you complete both)... you will see that the 6th task in each chain requires a ship not available for sale.  So, how exactly are you supposed to earn all those token?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,082
[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator
2,921 posts
15,357 battles
26 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

Are there more tokens to be won elsewhere

You can spend 7500 dub and buy the specific Directive for Hiddy or GK each.

Each directive 4 missions

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,006
[RLGN]
Members
14,302 posts
25,219 battles
10 minutes ago, michael_zahnle said:

Looking at only the first 2 mission chains, each with 6 tasks for a total of 135 tokes (270 if you complete both)... you will see that the 6th task in each chain requires a ship not available for sale.  So, how exactly are you supposed to earn all those token?

Z-35? iirc?

Someone posited it will be released to the shop soon; though they gave no real proof.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
156
[_BDA_]
Members
306 posts
4,827 battles
1 minute ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Z-35? iirc?

Someone posited it will be released to the shop soon; though they have no real proof.

I'm referring to Rhein and Weser.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
927
[OIL-1]
Members
1,281 posts
1 minute ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

So, how exactly are you supposed to earn all those token?

There is no 'earn'. You can make 300 tokens which is only enough to buy an ice cream cone. If you want more, you have to pay money.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
992
[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts
29 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

So here I am using my German ships to complete the German tokens missions thinking I'm going to earn a perma camo for my Hindenburg or Kurfurst. 

After looking more carefully, some missions require early access German  CVs that I don't and likely won't have. The perma camos cost 600 tokens but the most tokens we can earn if we don't have the early access CVs is 540.

Are there more tokens to be won elsewhere or is this another deception and a waste of time?  

Events can be hard to comprehend for me too. I have been trying to show how many event tokens players can earn for the past few events: 

Without any Early Access CVs or premium ships, you can earn 300 German Tokens max. With the Early Access CVs, you can earn 540. With the Early Access CVs and GZ, you can earn 600.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,006
[RLGN]
Members
14,302 posts
25,219 battles
1 minute ago, z9_ said:

There is no 'earn'. You can make 300 tokens which is only enough to buy an ice cream cone. If you want more, you have to pay money.

No idea how it managed to happen, but that quote wasn’t by me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,654
[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,735 posts
35 minutes ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

You can spend 7500 dub and buy the specific Directive for Hiddy or GK each.

Each directive 4 missions

 

7500 dubs... when just buying a permacamo is 5000 dubs? 

 

Not even the second flag or alternate camo colors unlock to go for... maybe that's in the next patch?

 

 

Edited by KilljoyCutter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
927
[OIL-1]
Members
1,281 posts
5 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

No idea how it managed to happen, but that quote wasn’t by me.

Confused me too, but I figured it out. I must have copied it from your earlier reply. Sorry about that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
416
[FGNE]
Members
960 posts
4,568 battles
15 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Not even the second flag or alternate camo colors unlock to go for... maybe that's in the next patch?

If memory serves today on the EU stream they said this will come next patch, with a new collection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,913
[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,098 posts
19,199 battles
21 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

7500 dubs... when just buying a permacamo is 5000 subs? 

Congratulations; you have solved the Riddle of the Camo! You can now collect your cookie! (It's like the Puerto Rico boondoggle, but slower!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
156
[_BDA_]
Members
306 posts
4,827 battles
34 minutes ago, henrychenhenry said:

Events can be hard to comprehend for me too. I have been trying to show how many event tokens players can earn for the past few events: 

Without any Early Access CVs or premium ships, you can earn 300 German Tokens max. With the Early Access CVs, you can earn 540. With the Early Access CVs and GZ, you can earn 600.

 

Now having read this post I see no reason to bother with trying to earn tokens since I have no intention of spending dubs.  Thanks for the heads up.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,082
[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator
2,921 posts
15,357 battles
38 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

when just buying a permacamo is 5000 dubs?

 

17 minutes ago, Umikami said:

You can now collect your cookie

:Smile_trollface: But it come with other godly signals and the end goal is 600 token to finally buy off the perm camo

 

and I am a signal hoarder!

  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,913
[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,098 posts
19,199 battles
1 hour ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

:Smile_trollface: But it come with other godly signals and the end goal is 600 token to finally buy off the perm camo

 

and I am a signal hoarder!

Well, everyone has their own priorities, so what's right for you might not be so right for someone else. It is, however, worth noticing that WG has taken up events with rewards which REQUIRE the players to spend actual cash rather than the old method of just grinding until your eyeballs fell out. And, again, priorities; while for some this might be perfectly acceptable, for me, if I'm going to have to dig out the plastic anyways, why bother at all with the grind? I'd rather just spend the cash if I want the item that bad. But, hey; enjoy your camo!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,272
[PVE]
Members
4,259 posts
18,597 battles

I got the Tier 4 carrier in a mission from a container.......  Never will play it.  PASS on the rest of this boondoggle........I'm just playing as I normally would and not even look at this............sales event.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,654
[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,735 posts
9 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

I got the Tier 4 carrier in a mission from a container.......  Never will play it.  PASS on the rest of this boondoggle........I'm just playing as I normally would and not even look at this............sales event.

Free container?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,184
[A-D-F]
Members
2,092 posts
7,603 battles
4 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Free container?

 

I can't answer that for him but I did receive the tier 4 mission from a free container.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,082
[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator
2,921 posts
15,357 battles
1 hour ago, Umikami said:

But, hey; enjoy your camo!

I sit this event out ....... I will only do the free mission for token here and there ........ thing changed in real life where I am moving up the chain. more work more responsibilities. Less time to spend on WoWs now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
90
[WOLFA]
Members
290 posts
20,379 battles
48 minutes ago, Captain_Slattery said:

I can't answer that for him but I did receive the tier 4 mission from a free container.

:cap_horn::CV:

shot-20.07.10_02.03.50-0757.jpg

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,913
[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,098 posts
19,199 battles
1 hour ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

I sit this event out ....... I will only do the free mission for token here and there ........ thing changed in real life where I am moving up the chain. more work more responsibilities. Less time to spend on WoWs now

Yeah, it's always frustrating when the real world intrudes on your gaming worlds! Bosses just don't seem to get that.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,272
[PVE]
Members
4,259 posts
18,597 battles
1 hour ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Free container?

I was playing the daily container's and finished the German phase one tasks along the way.   When I went to see where I was collecting for the dailies, I realized I had "several" German containers.   The last one I opened was a mission for the Tier 4 German Carrier....  I played several more daily COOP non event missions and finished that German combat mission requirement and the carrier is in port....  Seems there are at least three mission those containers can drop.  Tier 4-5-6 I'd guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×