Hapa_Fodder

Combat Missions in Update 0.9.6

22 comments in this topic

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
2,848 posts
13,302 battles

A new branch of German aircraft carriers has arrived in Early Access! You’ll find the details on how you can grab them below.

Read it on the portal
  • Meh 1

[PHD]
Members
22 posts
2,377 battles

It is nice that in order to get at least the first 600 tokens, you need to have all of the new carriers to complete the missions. To get the carriers, you need to gamble in the lootbox cassino, where you get a bunch of worthless stuff. Great.

• Cool 3

[ODS]
Members
8 posts
10,308 battles

Oh wow.  I thought I was going blind because I couldn't find the other combat missions where we could farm 600 tokens by ship class (DD/CLA/BB) .

Challenges to obtain German Tokens

It's in the Armory tab (yeah still takes 40-90 seconds to load... why couldn't they fix this bug?) and costs 7500 doubloons EACH just to unlock that mission chain in addition to flags/camos.  I love how the news page didn't mention this little nugget.  Basically if you're a free player and not lucky with crates, you're only getting 300 tokens (15 tokens * 4 chains * 5 missions/chain) from this event unless there's another source I missed.

[SMOKD]
Members
6 posts
7,832 battles

I bought the german destroyer combat mission and I can't find the special combat missions?  any clue where they will show up?

Edited by Vtcookie
New information

Members
689 posts
7,327 battles
6 hours ago, Azraelswrd said:

Oh wow.  I thought I was going blind because I couldn't find the other combat missions where we could farm 600 tokens by ship class (DD/CLA/BB) .

Challenges to obtain German Tokens

It's in the Armory tab (yeah still takes 40-90 seconds to load... why couldn't they fix this bug?) and costs 7500 doubloons EACH just to unlock that mission chain in addition to flags/camos.  I love how the news page didn't mention this little nugget.  Basically if you're a free player and not lucky with crates, you're only getting 300 tokens (15 tokens * 4 chains * 5 missions/chain) from this event unless there's another source I missed.

For real? I am hoping some dev can confirm this? so without spending more than 5k doubloons i cant get those perma camos? Theres no way to get the 600 tokens without spending more than just buying a 5k doubloon perma camo?If so then im sitting this one out as well. Probably wrap up dockyard a bit and then im off. because as is, it's not worth it.

And yes im rarely lucky with loot boxes, and i hate gambling, so no to that.

• Cool 3

[PHD]
Members
22 posts
2,377 battles
6 hours ago, cmdr_raccoon said:

For real? I am hoping some dev can confirm this? so without spending more than 5k doubloons i cant get those perma camos? Theres no way to get the 600 tokens without spending more than just buying a 5k doubloon perma camo?If so then im sitting this one out as well. Probably wrap up dockyard a bit and then im off. because as is, it's not worth it.

And yes im rarely lucky with loot boxes, and i hate gambling, so no to that.

Exactly. In order to get 600 tokens, either you spend 7,500 doubloons for a chain mission of your choice or you buy a Graf Zeppelin and the lootboxes, then pray you get all 3 carriers for the other 300 tokens, so we are talking here of at least 18,000 doubloons if you are extremely lucky. Sounds like a great deal, right? And I couldn't care less about these carriers. I'd rather see them gone. All I cared about was the camouflage.
It is hard to think of a bigger scam than that.

Edited by WarStore
  • Cool 2

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
35 posts
4,073 battles

I don't even own any of the T10 German ships and I'm still pretty disappointed with the German token situation. This kind of event used to be that you'd be able to earn one camo of your choice for completing the entire directive (at worst you would need a German T10 to complete some extra missions), have a chance to earn a second if you got lucky with all the CVs and had Graf, and then you'd have to outright pay if you wanted the third and the fourth (which is more than fair)

The idea that a F2P player can't even earn a single T10 camo just feels wrong, but I guess that's the direction the game has been headed in for a while now so it doesn't at all surprise me.

• Cool 1

Members
2,889 posts
5,552 battles

The 7,500-doubloon missions are absurd. You pay 2,500 more than the base permacamo costs, and you have to grind it? That's hilarious. Pass.

Edited by RainbowFartingUnicorn
  • Cool 2

[KILLU]
Members
22 posts
574 battles

Yet more stuff you need to spend real money to gain access to.

This company does not care about its players, only about how much money it can scam from them.

• Cool 1

Members
689 posts
7,327 battles

I actually, due to reasons of my own, would want to just grind dockyard to stage 14 or so, rest.. and then buy doubloons for the rest of the stages, anticipating more grind  after that on the german tokens, but since thats a pass now for me, i guess i just grind dockyard all the way, and spend even less money on doubloons then.

To devs: I actually liked the dockyard event this time well enough, overall there's a grind option and a money option to get the prizes that matter. I have the option on how to do the event, when and how much to substitute in game grind with my money. The German CV event sadly destroys that good view i had; when most of the meaningful rewards are gated behind real money expenditure or gambling mechanics (which is what these lootboxes are). Disappointing and too money grubbing on my opinion.

Edited by cmdr_raccoon
  • Cool 1

[4-FUN]
[4-FUN]
Members
61 posts
7,075 battles

Get home  2 hours after the TWITCH feed ended and the "HAPAFANTALISTIC" is already Dead. Guess no free crate for me.   Same thing happened yesterday with "KUMMERSPECK".    Guess they just want me to have that crate. 

OR THEY JUST NEED TO STOP putting stupid timers on "MISSION codes" 

Alpha Tester
570 posts
14,191 battles

Tokens aren't worth very many credits this time, I'm skipping this grind.

[4-FUN]
[4-FUN]
Members
61 posts
7,075 battles
51 minutes ago, ol_Cajun said:

Tokens aren't worth very many credits this time, I'm skipping this grind.

They even took out the 24hours Prem time for tokens :Smile_sad:

Members
1 post

So they announced the stream with codes for 22:00 (IOW 10pm)  this evening so I go to you tube ...nothing, so I go to twitch and see the stream ended 2 hours previously, I understand the codes are only good for 2 hours after the stream ends.

If You wantr to use military time it would be good to understand what ,military time is.

[PHD]
Members
22 posts
2,377 battles
21 hours ago, Rockhound_97 said:

Get home  2 hours after the TWITCH feed ended and the "HAPAFANTALISTIC" is already Dead. Guess no free crate for me.   Same thing happened yesterday with "KUMMERSPECK".    Guess they just want me to have that crate. 

OR THEY JUST NEED TO STOP putting stupid timers on "MISSION codes" 

Not that it would make much difference anyway. I got 20% credits signal x10 in the crate I got from the streaming. Yup....worthless. So far, I've got nothing useful from the german "carrier" containers. I'd more happier with resources container instead.

Members
12 posts
2,677 battles

Wargaming its a shame you've chosen to make the german camos 600 tokens yet you can only earn 300, pointless to do the grind. 7500 doubloons to unlock more tokens lol!!!

• Cool 2

Members
37 posts
13,575 battles
On 7/9/2020 at 4:02 PM, WarStore said:

It is nice that in order to get at least the first 600 tokens, you need to have all of the new carriers to complete the missions. To get the carriers, you need to gamble in the lootbox cassino, where you get a bunch of worthless stuff. Great.

You forget the most important aspect of this, the CV you have to buy that is 14K gold (real money).  So sad WG is now on par with tanks for being unscrupulous with their hands in your pocket just for one event reward. 

I figured it would come to this one day, its why I quit tanks, and if they keep this up, I wont be able to play this game without feeling like Im just being constantly prodded for cash.  

Edited by Radakill
  • Cool 1

Members
37 posts
13,575 battles
On 7/10/2020 at 9:58 AM, ComradeTsushima said:

I don't even own any of the T10 German ships and I'm still pretty disappointed with the German token situation. This kind of event used to be that you'd be able to earn one camo of your choice for completing the entire directive (at worst you would need a German T10 to complete some extra missions), have a chance to earn a second if you got lucky with all the CVs and had Graf, and then you'd have to outright pay if you wanted the third and the fourth (which is more than fair)

The idea that a F2P player can't even earn a single T10 camo just feels wrong, but I guess that's the direction the game has been headed in for a while now so it doesn't at all surprise me.

This is one of the main reasons I dont support games like this, because of the unscrupulous nature of the devs running it. They never get their hands out of your pockets, its a never ending "pay for this event, pay for that item, more money more money more money... ". I figured that WG warships would eventually reach the same level of greed that ruins tanks, and Im so glad I havent, and never will, contribute to their cause one bit. 

Dont want to be one of these guys posting "I spent all that money and they just screwed me..." 

• Cool 1

[ALL41]
[ALL41]
Members
1 post
10,688 battles

Why is the Z-35 listed in the requirements for a mission completion when it is not even in the game yet?

[N-F-H]
[N-F-H]
Members
50 posts
5,263 battles

not diggin the DB aiming circle needs to be moved a bit more forward please?!?  trying to line up the shot but cant see the flack and they just get wrecked . can you please move it to the forward planes and not the rear?????!!! , just a bit??