Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
legozer

Bots in Randoms

11 comments in this topic

[DDMAF]
Members
2,897 posts
16,263 battles

There is no way to limit CVs in low tier play, so the solution is to allow bots in randoms to flesh out the teams. Awesome.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
3,081 posts
5,943 battles
28 minutes ago, legozer said:

There is no way to limit CVs in low tier play, so the solution is to allow bots in randoms to flesh out the teams. Awesome.

What's ironic is that if they'd just put the CVs in with the bots in the first place maybe we'd have more people playing at those tiers.

That's too much forward thinking there for the marketing dept I suppose....

• Cool 1

[CVA16]
Members
5,392 posts
16,221 battles

WG does have to make sure that the teams are truly balanced on bots ship type for ship type, tier for tier.

Especially no giving one team a human CV and the other a bot CV (notoriously useless) or a human DD vs a bot DD.

[NEMO]
Members
129 posts
11,254 battles

There are human vs bot DDs. Luckily no bot CVs yet.

[DDMAF]
Members
2,897 posts
16,263 battles
1 hour ago, ruggus99 said:

There are human vs bot DDs. Luckily no bot CVs yet.

It's utter garbage that there are bots allowed in randoms now. GOD FORBID they should make CV players wait in queue to avoid the [edited] that was starting to happen where there would be 2 CV per side, and like, 3 surface ships. NOPE! Gotta make it a garbage PVE hybrid instead.

More than ever, this patch makes it abundantly clear that the WG team is primed to ram carriers up our keister whether we want it or not.

5 hours ago, CommodoreKang said:

What's ironic is that if they'd just put the CVs in with the bots in the first place maybe we'd have more people playing at those tiers.

This. 

NOBODY wants to play low tier, and it would seem as though they are starved for new blood, so bots will have to suffice, as long as they can have their ridiculous CVs.

I ran out of premium time a few days ago, and was gonna buy a bunch this week, but not now. Might go in on a week at a time, but no more; this game is dying, I fear, and I don't want to invest any money into time that I may end up never using.

• Cool 2

[ARGSY]
Members
20,192 posts
14,348 battles
20 hours ago, legozer said:

There is no way to limit CVs in low tier play

What do you mean by 'limit' in this case?

There are two things that make Tier 1-4 a ghost town.

The first is the fact that people are out of it so quickly.

The second is that there's nothing to gain, and everything to lose (in terms of directives and dailies progress) by playing down there when you have Tier 5 ships or better that you could be using.

If they made directives and dailies achievable in lower tiers for a patch, I guarantee the lower ranks would swell enormously. Then you would be seeing post after post complaining about the seal-clubbing.

• Cool 1

[-AF-]
Beta Testers
608 posts
8,367 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The second is that there's nothing to gain, and everything to lose (in terms of directives and dailies progress) by playing down there when you have Tier 5 ships or better that you could be using.

If they made directives and dailies achievable in lower tiers for a patch, I guarantee the lower ranks would swell enormously. Then you would be seeing post after post complaining about the seal-clubbing.

Agree with this 100%.  I only moved up in tier and then mostly to co-op, because of directives and mission had goodies to play for.  My Texas and Graf Spee alone weren't nearly enough to give me a reasonable opportunity to take part so I changed my plans and pushed my fleet up in tier so I'd not miss out as I did with the Indy.  I actually want to go back and play some of the low tiers I still have but with the time I do have to play, it doesn't make sense when there is stuff to gain playing higher.

[DDMAF]
Members
2,897 posts
16,263 battles
26 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

What do you mean by 'limit' in this case?

There are two things that make Tier 1-4 a ghost town.

The first is the fact that people are out of it so quickly.

Before 8.0 lower tier was well populated. Then the planes came. They came in such numbers that the dev team had to cap CVs to 2 per side. With the certainty of garbage CV meta play, non-CV players began to disappear from the lower tiers, and the MM was stuck dumping 2 CVs per side into games with only a small handful of surface ships, which made the garbage meta even worse. WG refuses to limit CV to 1 per side, so now we have bots. 

The migration away from low tier to the point that 2 CVs were beating up on 2 surface ships fairly regularly was the canary dying in the coal mine. Bots are WG insisting on digging deeper anyway.

Edited by legozer

[ARGSY]
Members
20,192 posts
14,348 battles
2 minutes ago, legozer said:

WG refuses to limit CV to 1 per side, so now we have bots. 

The Tier 4 grind requirements dropping from 68,000 to 40,000 will empty out the queues. That was part of the reason they were so full in the first place. 

The other part of it is that having the bots will give the seal-clubbers something to smack around apart from the newbies. Plus the more full teams they can put in at any one time from a given set of humans, the more diluted the CV population will be and the more likely you are to end up with battles that have no CV in them at all. 

Members
5,365 posts
4 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The Tier 4 grind requirements dropping from 68,000 to 40,000 will empty out the queues. That was part of the reason they were so full in the first place. 

The other part of it is that having the bots will give the seal-clubbers something to smack around apart from the newbies. Plus the more full teams they can put in at any one time from a given set of humans, the more diluted the CV population will be and the more likely you are to end up with battles that have no CV in them at all. 

Don't try to reason with him.  He just misses his easy invisible DD sealclubbing.

[TX_3]
Beta Testers
5 posts
9,201 battles

Holy snot Batman! Ye gotta be kid'n me! If I wanted to play bots I would go to co-op for goodness sakes. I just played my Friday Happy Hour weekly warmup game. None of the usual folks were there this week. There were only a couple of players and a durn bunch of bots. It was no fun at all, none. I miss my friends too. I have always played a tier one warmup game or two since I started playing. Now, this? I don't like it, no sir, I don't like it at all. Take the stoopid bots out of where they don't belong anyways. Good grief.

Sign in to follow this