You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Thrawn_1

Hilarious Ideas About Kitakami

31 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles

Imagine what happens when you see a Kitakami out for testing in the near future. You recognize it and go running away from the Kitakami that is now dark, while some on your team who are unfamiliar with the ship wonder what your problem is. Then they find out shortly thereafter... :Smile_trollface:

Kind of hoping Kitakami is around before Christmas. Then instead of singing “Grandma got run over by a Reindeer”, I can instead have the song be “ My Yammy got run over by Kitakami’s torpedoes...” :cap_happy:

• Funny 3
  • Boring 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,103 posts
4,084 battles

Yeah, I'm looking forward to it. Not because it will be good for the game (it probably won't) but because the ensuing carnage and chaos will be hilarious. I hope WG makes it an event ship, has some fun with it. Because honestly the ship's only value is as a meme, it's not that great otherwise. I think Hapa suggested having Pink camo for it, that would be hilarious. Hopefully WG treats it as a bit of a joke and doesn't try to seriously sell it as a premium.

And yeah, the reactions of people who don't know what it is when the Wall of Skill 2.0TM gets spotted will be priceless.

What I really want is the Kita in the Torpbeats mode. 100 knts, 200knts torps, 30 sec reload, 7 on 7....

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,239 battles
2 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Yeah, I'm looking forward to it. Not because it will be good for the game (it probably won't) but because the ensuing carnage and chaos will be hilarious. I hope WG makes it an event ship, has some fun with it. Because honestly the ship's only value is as a meme, it's not that great otherwise. I think Hapa suggested having Pink camo for it, that would be hilarious. Hopefully WG treats it as a bit of a joke and doesn't try to seriously sell it as a premium.

And yeah, the reactions of people who don't know what it is when the Wall of Skill 2.0TM gets spotted will be priceless.

What I really want is the Kita in the Torpbeats mode. 100 knts, 200knts torps, 30 sec reload, 7 on 7....

Imagine if they sold a camo for her to raise money for breast cancer.

Excuse to sell a solid, bright pink camo. And I would want it so bad.

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
14,297 posts
25,149 battles
3 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

2.0?

Wall O’ Skill 1.5...

Okhotnik! Is STRONK Rooshian Kitakami!

[RLGN]
Members
14,297 posts
25,149 battles
1 minute ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

Imagine if they sold a camo for her to raise money for breast cancer.

Excuse to sell a solid, bright pink camo. And I would want it so bad.

Need it as an expendable so I can put it on my US subs.

USS_Balao_standing_in_for_Operation_Pett

• Funny 1

[CVA16]
Members
5,385 posts
16,186 battles
47 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

I can instead have the song be “ My Yammy got run over by Kitakami’s torpedoes...”

Too many syllables.

Need to make it

“ My Yammy got run over by a torp wall.

Barely out of Base Cap Christmas Eve.

You may say you don't believe in KitKat,

But ask half our sunken team, we believe”

Now to complete the song, we have to determine which team that Kitakami was on.

Edited by Sabot_100
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
7,913 posts
11,590 battles

the only hilarious idea is WG deciding to add it back in with team damage still being a thing that can happen

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,103 posts
4,084 battles
4 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

2.0?

Wall O’ Skill 1.5...

Well Shima is the original, guess it depends whether we're talking about the original version or the WIP version, which postdates the War Canoe. 2.0 sounds better though...

[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,239 battles
Just now, Estimated_Prophet said:

Need it as an expendable so I can put it on my US subs.

USS_Balao_standing_in_for_Operation_Pett

That too, but I mean as a perma camo.

Heck, have it as a "any ship you want" perma camo! One for every tier!

They would make a fortune, and it would be easy as pie to release something that simple. The framework is already there!

@Hapa_Fodder surely WG loves money. You really should pitch that idea of yours to someone that can do something with it. Could sell them on april fools as a "team killer awareness" skin or for breast cancer charity and take a cut. Make it a choose your ship type of perma camo and it would sell like hotcakes for DDs and other torp heavy ships, I just know it.

[CVA16]
Members
5,385 posts
16,186 battles
8 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Of course Okhotnik has to be within a couple of war canoe lengths to deliver that torp wall.

[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,239 battles
Just now, Sabot_100 said:

Of course Okhotnik has to be within a couple of war canoe lengths to deliver that torp wall.

And let's not forget, Okhotnik's racks are 3s, not 4s. So you're looking at a DD long enough to carry 13 racks of torps, and even then that's 39, not 40!

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,420 posts
14,165 battles
12 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

2.0?

Wall O’ Skill 1.5...

I have actually begun to like the ultra short range Russian torpedoes as you can use them safely in situations that would get you pink from the misses in short order with longer ranged torpedoes.

6 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

the only hilarious idea is WG deciding to add it back in with team damage still being a thing that can happen

That is exactly what team damage needs to be in the game. That 20 torpedo wall of torps is rarely a viable launch where more often it is one or maybe two mounts will be the norm. Idiots that try to use that wall should pay a penalty when they collect a friendly. Testing will prove interesting.

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,103 posts
4,084 battles
14 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

Why do you think we need that pink camo?

Too bad it's T10, imagine taking her into a Operation and just nuking the whole bot team in one salvo:Smile_Default:

[RLGN]
Members
14,297 posts
25,149 battles
1 minute ago, Sabot_100 said:

Last time I did, I was.

Nagato around that big island, east side of Trident. I got spotted. Only someone completely oblivious couldn’t have know I was there.

Naga-mon obligingly sailed close in around the south side of the island, so I sailed over and point-blank terrain ambushed from the island’s East cape.

5 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Well Shima is the original, guess it depends whether we're talking about the original version or the WIP version, which postdates the War Canoe. 2.0 sounds better though...

Yes. Not meaning to take away from 2.0. Just making it out as an in between. (Forgot about Shima actually... Was playing it in Randoms recently and someone kvetched about me using the 20k torps. I think I did pretty good with them. Got out in front of several pushed like @Destroyer_KuroshioKai said I should and got a reasonable (for me at least,) number of hits.)

[RLGN]
Members
14,297 posts
25,149 battles
2 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Why do you think we need that pink camo?

Too bad it's T10, imagine taking her into a Operation and just nuking the whole bot team in one salvo:Smile_Default:

SE corner, send out the wall on that last mob. They either fry, or turn to do the trademark bot cheat dodge, and get nuked by battleships in the middle that are hopefully paying attention.

[CVA16]
Members
5,385 posts
16,186 battles
1 minute ago, AJTP89 said:

Too bad it's T10, imagine taking her into a Operation and just nuking the whole bot team in one salvo

Actually wouldn't be that great for scenarios. 141 seconds in before it can launch its first wall. Then another 141 seconds before it can do it again. Pretty much useless during those down periods. Assuming it isn't focused and sunk by then.

I get better mileage out of ships that can fire fast (light cruisers) to react to the constantly appearing targets.

On the plus side, team damage is turned off in scenarios so its all a free fire zone.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,983 posts
20,690 battles

What I really want for Christmas is the old Fubuki.

Great guns, great torps with long range low detection.

First time I ever saw a Yammy in game was from her at 3 km ambushing her....

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
8 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

What I really want for Christmas is the old Fubuki.

Great guns, great torps with long range low detection.

First time I ever saw a Yammy in game was from her at 3 km ambushing her....

Now come on tell the truth, you would really rather have this Yoshino variant inspired by Kitakami... :Smile_trollface:

4554BE2B-10C1-43A1-B47A-D1BAA5CB9771.thumb.png.025c49101f8a56356ea42c705c9558c0.png

• Haha 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,398 posts
15,819 battles
2 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Imagine what happens when you see a Kitakami out for testing in the near future. You recognize it and go running away from the Kitakami that is now dark, while some on your team who are unfamiliar with the ship wonder what your problem is. Then they find out shortly thereafter... :Smile_trollface:

Kind of hoping Kitakami is around before Christmas. Then instead of singing “Grandma got run over by a Reindeer”, I can instead have the song be “ My Yammy got run over by Kitakami’s torpedoes...” :cap_happy:

LOL ... no do not turn away from a Kitakami, push into it and kill it.

[WOLF3]
Members
27,040 posts
23,838 battles

Unless the Kitakami player is stupid to fight in close range or you got a CV looking for it, you should never find her.  She's going to be stealthy and unlike stealthy CLs Minotaur, Worcester, has little to no reason to use her awful guns.

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
22 minutes ago, paradat said:

LOL ... no do not turn away from a Kitakami, push into it and kill it.

Well that depends on what ship I am in, my Yammy has taken all 15 Shimakaze torpedoes into her broadside and survived. So what’s an extra 5 to 25 torpedoes beyond that gonna do? :Smile_veryhappy:

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
2 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Unless the Kitakami player is stupid to fight in close range or you got a CV looking for it, you should never find her.  She's going to be stealthy and unlike stealthy CLs Minotaur, Worcester, has little to no reason to use her awful guns.

My Harekaze will be able to find Kitakami thanks to the massive detection range different between them. Assuming there are not a ton of 12km “ Radar Nets” or any CVs.

[WOLF3]
Members
27,040 posts
23,838 battles
8 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

My Harekaze will be able to find Kitakami thanks to the massive detection range different between them. Assuming there are not a ton of 12km “ Radar Nets” or any CVs.

The only way your Harekaze will go up and outspot Kitakami is if the Kitakami's group has totally collapsed.

5 minutes into the game with the enemy DD screen, Radar Cruisers still around, Battleships in place, and CV aircraft buzzing about, you aren't going to make it anywhere near Kitakami unless the KitKat player is a moron.  If people are playing her as a frontline ship like she's a DD or USN Radar Cruiser humping islands to cover caps, they're making a stupid mistake.

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
35 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

The only way your Harekaze will go up and outspot Kitakami is if the Kitakami's group has totally collapsed.

5 minutes into the game with the enemy DD screen, Radar Cruisers still around, Battleships in place, and CV aircraft buzzing about, you aren't going to make it anywhere near Kitakami unless the KitKat player is a moron.  If people are playing her as a frontline ship like she's a DD or USN Radar Cruiser humping islands to cover caps, they're making a stupid mistake.

Not every battle has CVs, partly because MM will double up or even triple up the CVs on teams. Earlier today had a few double CV battles for a while then suddenly no CVs. Radar often is overwhelming numbers or none at all. So it is possible for Kitakami to end up lacking the proper support.