You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TheGreatBlasto

ETA for Canadian Carriers?

42 comments in this topic

[BROOK]
Banned
2,260 posts

Canada had 3 CVs post war. Not many know this.

Between 1946 and 1970, Canada's navy operated three aircraft carriers to help fulfil its anti-submarine mission and to help protect ships against enemy aircraft. These carriers required specialized equipment, procedures, and training for their crews.

Scuttlebutt has the launch date around 2029-30.

https://www.warmuseum.ca/cwm/exhibitions/navy/galery-e.aspx@section=2-F-4.html 

:Smile_child:

• Cool 2
  • Haha 3
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[LOIN]
Supertester
810 posts

Canadian carriers from my understanding they weren't anything spectacular, were classified as light carriers. Wouldn't be enough for an entire line. Besides these things are basically British hand-me-downs. You could use one as a premium though.

• Cool 1

[BROOK]
Banned
2,260 posts

We could fill out a line with a couple of paper CVs. If designs don't exist, I'd be happy to take a stab at providing some rough sketches.

:cap_haloween:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 1
  • Meh 1

[SF-13]
Members
664 posts
5,421 battles

Throw in HMAS Melbourne and you have a commonwealth CV line....:Smile_glasses:

• Cool 3

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,404 posts
15,850 battles

Hmm.... going to be awhile. However you might see them as part of a commonwealth line or perhaps a couple of prem ships.

Members
578 posts
362 battles
12 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

We could fill out a line with a couple of paper CVs. If designs don't exist, I'd be happy to take a stab at providing some rough sketches.

How about we give them Project Habakkuk

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,100 posts
19,199 battles
42 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

Canada had 3 CVs post war. Not many know this.

Silly Blasto! Don't you know that WG doesn't model real carriers, only fantasy ones! This is why we have German CVs (fake) and no Italian ones (real). You should never have said Canada had 3 actual CVs post war; instead you should have said they had 3 sets of CV blueprints which are available for use. We'd have had them next patch!

• Funny 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

[BROOK]
Banned
2,260 posts
6 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Silly Blasto! Don't you know that WG doesn't model real carriers, only fantasy ones! This is why we have German CVs (fake) and no Italian ones (real). You should never have said Canada had 3 actual CVs post war; instead you should have said they had 3 sets of CV blueprints which are available for use. We'd have had them next patch!

Mea culpa!

\

:cap_fainting:

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,119 posts
4,088 battles
36 minutes ago, Starfleet1701 said:

Wouldn't be enough for an entire line. 

:Smile_teethhappy: You must be new here. Things like that have never stopped WG before. May I remind you that the current CV line being released is modeled off one CV that was never even finished? And we all know RU CVs are coming at some point. The only thing WG needs for a new line is a playerbase that will pay for it.

I'd expect CAN CVs after the CAN BB line.

• Cool 1

[LOIN]
Supertester
810 posts
13 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

:Smile_teethhappy: You must be new here. Things like that have never stopped WG before. May I remind you that the current CV line being released is modeled off one CV that was never even finished? And we all know RU CVs are coming at some point. The only thing WG needs for a new line is a playerbase that will pay for it.

There aren't any designs for Canadian carriers all their carriers are hand-me-downs.  As for BBs they didn't have any. I believe there were plans for the British to give them a hand-me-down. 

As for a line. There wouldn't be for 2 reasons. 1. There's aren't enough for a entire line, I'm including paper designs. In my book if its based on a design then it's "real". 2. Canada would be in the Commonwealth, not independent. Now for premiums sure there would be more than enough. 

Also I've been here in the game since 2014

Edited by Starfleet1701

[-A-8-]
Members
453 posts
19,300 battles

Keep it under your hats guys, here's a first release pic of the first Canadian CV WeeGee are going to add. :Smile_hiding:

Image may contain: text that says "CANADA'S LATEST GREEN AND FUEL EFFICIENT, LOW MAINTENANCE WARSHIP. NOTE THE DECK MOUNTED SURVEILLANCE AND ATTACK UNIT."

• Cool 2
  • Funny 6
  • Haha 3

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,430 posts
14,165 battles
12 minutes ago, Starfleet1701 said:

There aren't any designs for Canadian carriers all their carriers are hand-me-downs.  As for BBs they didn't have any.

Well, there is one design for a carrier...

iceberg-aircraft-carrier.jpg

:Smile_hiding:

• Haha 1

[-KAK-]
Members
585 posts
10,921 battles
30 minutes ago, Starfleet1701 said:

There aren't any designs for Canadian carriers all their carriers are hand-me-downs.  As for BBs they didn't have any. I believe there were plans for the British to give them a hand-me-down. 

As for a line. There wouldn't be for 2 reasons. 1. There's aren't enough for a entire line, I'm including paper designs. In my book if its based on a design then it's "real". 2. Canada would be in the Commonwealth, not independent. Now for premiums sure there would be more than enough. 

Also I've been here in the game since 2014

To be fair, we Canucks have actually operated carriers, unlike the Germans who never managed to get one going. Not to mention that we'd be paired with the Aussies who had a few as well (Now there's the minor issue that we've had 2 Majestic and a single Colossus... and the Aussies had 2 Majestic, and a single Colossus... but that's not important)

TBH I expect we'll eventually see Commonwealth CVs if the game goes on long enough (I'm talking 4-5 years here). There's only so many potential ship lines out there.

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,782 posts
4,631 battles
23 minutes ago, TheOmegaDuck said:

To be fair, we Canucks have actually operated carriers

Indeed you have.

33703698_CanadaCV.jpg.8cb0ff0f358c1d460672a9724b6b4420.jpg  The real thing !!

Edited by iDuckman
  • Cool 1
  • Haha 1

[BROOK]
Banned
2,260 posts
1 hour ago, AJTP89 said:

:Smile_teethhappy: You must be new here.

*coffee all over keyboard and monitor*

[BONKS]
Members
1,496 posts
50 battles

Same as Swiss CV line I suppose.

Look, they even have a T10 already!

i2jbm9r1hhd11.jpg?width=1033%26height=60

• Haha 2

[SALVO]
Members
4,426 posts
3,825 battles
1 hour ago, wildgooseman said:

Keep it under your hats guys, here's a first release pic of the first Canadian CV WeeGee are going to add. :Smile_hiding:

Image may contain: text that says "CANADA'S LATEST GREEN AND FUEL EFFICIENT, LOW MAINTENANCE WARSHIP. NOTE THE DECK MOUNTED SURVEILLANCE AND ATTACK UNIT."

Dude, isn't that "hull" your cousin?

• Funny 1

[WOLF9]
Members
658 posts
18,928 battles

Well I have been asking for Polish BBs for a couple of months now, so you will just have to get in line buddy.

[Y0L0W]
Members
507 posts
16,702 battles

When do we get to have HMCS Poutine?

[EQRN]
Members
2,030 posts
17,470 battles

The base ship for any Canadian tech tree ship will be known as the “Eh, Hull”; the upgrade will be the “Toonie Hull”. :Smile_trollface:

[LUCK]
Members
1,946 posts
3 hours ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

Only if you’re on a vodka-fueled bender...to be true to the WG design process.

• Haha 1

[INTEL]
Members
1,773 posts
15,696 battles
3 hours ago, wildgooseman said:

Wait... @Lert has his own ship?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[-A-8-]
Members
453 posts
19,300 battles
14 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

Dude, isn't that "hull" your cousin?

Yea that's Cousin Geoff. Here's a family pic, I'm 17th row up, 25th from the right :Smile_smile:

How to Goose Hunt

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 2