You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Vikingstar

A "Forgive" button

15 comments in this topic

Members
15 posts
12,560 battles

Accidents happen.   Sometimes you really think no friendly is in danger from your torps, or you're trying to help a teammate who is in a pitched battle at close range.   I've been deleted by friendly torps a bunch of times, and I've been the owner of the torps too.  I wish that Warships had a "forgive" button for the honest mistakes ( as opposed to the griefers and butthats who do it on purpose).

• Cool 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 1

[WORX]
Members
10,675 posts
18,567 battles

I think a "Plan B" approach is a bad idea.. Every incident should have a consequence. 

Just apologize and move on..

• Cool 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,431 posts
14,165 battles
20 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

I think a "Plan B" approach is a bad idea.. Every incident should have a consequence. 

Just apologize and move on..

This and there are many that would expect that forgiveness no matter what. All in all a bad idea.

• Cool 1

[SOFOP]
Members
2,439 posts
14,361 battles

There would have to be an actual penalty for there to be a need for a forgiveness button.  If you do enough team damage to get into the penalty stages, you aren't doing it on accident anymore.

• Cool 1

[CVA16]
Members
5,391 posts
16,216 battles
26 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

There would have to be an actual penalty for there to be a need for a forgiveness button. 

Not sure it is a great idea, but it would remove your pink 'penalty".  So it would a small step above Karma points in overall effect.

Members
877 posts
6,656 battles

In addition to saying "sorry", I regularly grant karma to anyone who swept one of my torps, as well as karma to anyone whose torps I swept and who apologized.  I realize it's not much, but basic courtesy is basic courtesy.

• Cool 3

[SYN]
Members
8,236 posts
13,957 battles

I have had times were someone torped me and I totally understood honest mistake. But the thing is... there isn't really a penalty for teamkilling so there really is no need for a forgive button. Being pink for a few matches is completely harmless.

• Cool 1

Members
877 posts
6,656 battles
On 7/9/2020 at 5:38 PM, Kapitan_Wuff said:

I have had times were someone torped me and I totally understood honest mistake. But the thing is... there isn't really a penalty for teamkilling so there really is no need for a forgive button. Being pink for a few matches is completely harmless.

Just wait until the Kitakami comes back out.  We'll have to create a whole new reward for the player who kills all their own team then goes on to kill all the opposing team ... with torps.  :Smile-_tongue:

EDIT: Sorry for the error.  Ship was wrong.  Corrected now.

Edited by JAKeller
spelling
  • Funny 1

[WOLF5]
Members
1,080 posts
8,920 battles

I was thinking of this post this morning after an early morning Coop battle that had devolved into the typical Tier X match with BBs slugging it out at 45 caliber pistol range. I had rotated my GK around and smoked a Kremlin at pointblank range and continued my turn. At that moment, I saw 5 torps just miss the bow of the Kremlin and hit me. Fortunately, the GK is tough, I had a DC and Heal ready and the battle was basically soon to be over anyway. The DD player apologized and said they were thinking the Kremlin would continue on, which was reasonable. At that time I mentioned that I wished I could "forgive" him/her for this and prevent them from becoming pink.

It sure would be nice if you could implement such a "Get out of Pink Free Card" for the offended party to use as they wished.....

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Members
1,080 posts
8,920 battles
21 hours ago, JAKeller said:

Just wait until the Kitakaze comes back out.  We'll have to create a whole new reward for the player who kills all their own team then goes on to kill all the opposing team ... with torps.  :Smile-_tongue:

Sort of a "Reserve Kraken" or "Reverse Double Kraken"?????

Members
877 posts
6,656 battles
15 hours ago, DJC_499 said:

Sort of a "Reserve Kraken" or "Reverse Double Kraken"?????

Confederated Reverse Double Devastating Kraken Strike.

• Funny 1
  • Haha 1

[NOOBS]
Members
3 posts
7,288 battles

Accidents do happen because we are all human. In-game we can tell if it was an accident or not, but your developers can't. For you to instantly punish for an accidental friendly fire is not even something the Navy would do in most cases. In war, many are injured or die from friendly fire. If every time that happened they punished those at fault you would kill moral. They will carry it with them anyway whether they are punished or not. So I think this "forgive" is an outstanding idea. If you refuse to allow accidents once in a while, then at least allow the players to forgive. Some sort of pop up button to forgive or not would make most players appreciate their teammates, even more, when they screw up. I'd rather reward a forgive than punish a teammate. Then if someone gets too many forgive you can step in a do a punish. Besides, have fun with it by putting a big funny flag on the culprit instead.

Edited by Schmokn

[KOBK]
Members
232 posts
4,053 battles
On 7/9/2020 at 4:55 PM, Old_Baldy_One said:

There would have to be an actual penalty for there to be a need for a forgiveness button.  If you do enough team damage to get into the penalty stages, you aren't doing it on accident anymore.

Sometimes it happens. Recently i come with a dd who went from full speed to full stop with no reason other than eat my 8 torpedos and die.

Its my fault since it was my ordinance, but there was no reason for her to do that...as she wasnt spotted (no radar neither plane nor fired her guns). Still didnt get was she was trying to do

• Cool 1

[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
1,267 posts
On 7/9/2020 at 9:54 PM, BrushWolf said:

This and there are many that would expect that forgiveness no matter what. All in all a bad idea.

For that comment, I forgive you. :)

It does have some merit... maybe there should be a whole sub chat commands.... F1 can be an insult, F2 is SORRY and F3 is "you are forgiven"...

this post is all in jest.

If anything, the chat commands should be removed... I hated hearing "I need intelligence data" right at the start of the game.... we all know what each other does, nothing!

I reply "Google it"

Get into sorry commands and the flood gates open... next it would be "I'm sorry you just got sunk..." and "I'm sorry you drive a crap ship".... etc etc.

• Funny 1

[TIRP]
Members
32 posts
6,091 battles

I agree with the "Forgive" button and many others have stated the same in game when I bring it up. 

Coop should be free of penalty as more than once I have launched torps only to have a bot run straight thru my torp filed and eat a  few hits turning me pink. 

On 7/9/2020 at 2:55 PM, Old_Baldy_One said: