You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Willy55_1955

New sounds overwhelming and distracting

57 comments in this topic

[ONAVY]
[ONAVY]
Members
628 posts
15,231 battles

Experienced the new sounds last night during clan training. The different hits and ricochets from multiple ships was overwhelming and distracting, making clan chat very difficult. I knocked the volume down but still a lot of noise when knife fighting.

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[CK5]
Members
1,368 posts
14,267 battles

I don't like the new audio much, either, but you have to reduce the sound settings WAY down to make them tolerable.  

• Cool 1
  • Meh 2

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,976 posts
14,204 battles

Gunfire is okay, rounds hitting my ships....okay too, but my rounds hitting the other guys's ship???? That is really dumb and not needed...and sounds horrid too.

• Cool 6

[ROTTN]
Members
54 posts
13,420 battles

and that new constant clicking sound in my destroyer. What the heck is that  ?   super annoying. 

[META_]
Members
1,205 posts
16,006 battles

There is this AWESOME button on your computer many people do not know about.. It is called a volume button 🤪😂🤣😅

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 6

[-RNG-]
Members
544 posts
13,296 battles

Haven’t played yet but I felt they over exaggerated the fire alarm Klaxon.  Had to quickly yank my earbuds out a couple of times on that one.

[WORX]
Members
10,594 posts
18,494 battles

IMO, we have WOT sounds dubbed into WOWS. To me, the new sounds resemble a poorly dubbed old kung fu movie.

I would say its an improvement, but its a new experience to get use to again. 

[WOLFA]
Members
806 posts
6,674 battles

The overall sounds in game are much better than before except the shells pinging and clinking off my ship.

[--K--]
[--K--]
Beta Testers
305 posts
17,917 battles

i like the new sounds. But i do not really like the sounds of shots hitting the other ship.

[NSEW]
Members
1,854 posts
10,668 battles
18 minutes ago, WaWingsFan_15 said:

i like the new sounds. But i do not really like the sounds of shots hitting the other ship.

I'll have to agree with the latter part.  It will do DoT to my ear drums...even with volume lowered.  Like an annoying woodpecker hammering away at an oak tree...

[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts
3 hours ago, rayspotter said:

and that new constant clicking sound in my destroyer. What the heck is that  ?   super annoying. 

With 0.9.6 (the current update), WG added some new sounds. From the patch notes:

"With the Ultra sound setting enabled, new sound effects will be heard when selecting 1/2 and 1/4 speeds; reaching speed marks; and when shifting gears to reverse thrust while moving forward at full speed, and vice versa."

The cause of the clicking is your changing speed. This happens more often in destroyers, though it happens for all ships.  Hope this answers your question!

[DEP]
Members
246 posts
18,820 battles

nope. new sounds are garbage. WG needs to step up its game. Stop changing things just to change them.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

[TNG]
Members
97 posts
7,802 battles
4 hours ago, Morpheous said:

Gunfire is okay, rounds hitting my ships....okay too, but my rounds hitting the other guys's ship???? That is really dumb and not needed...and sounds horrid too.

1000% agree.  It doesn't even make sense that I'd be able to hear it, less so that it'd be just as loud as the sound of shells hitting my own ship. 

• Cool 2

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
824 posts
12,580 battles

First chance to play in 3 days. Played two games and turned the game off the new sound is so bad. Been slowly losing interest in the game recently and this may just be what it takes for me to finally walk away from it. Either that or the only way to play is with the sound off until they either revert or fix these awful changes.

• Cool 1

[TDRB]
Members
5,116 posts
13,727 battles

The new sounds are different but I prefer the old shell sounds by a large margin.

This is just my opinion. I realize others may think it is an improvement.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,009 posts
22,560 battles

I quit playing the game with sounds enabled a few years back. Was still using my Mac at the time and tried to reduce the volume of the "you died explosion". No matter how low I slid the sliders, it still was obnoxiously loud so in frustration, I muted everything. This had an unintended side effect of completely eliminating all crashes of the game for me. At the time, Mac users had all sorts of issues with the game, often associated with memory leaks. Mine completely stopped so I never changed it back and got used to playing in total silence. When I bought my PC, decided to stick with the silent game. I find it far more relaxing and I pay closer attention to what is happening on the screen. It also totally silenced all the annoying pings when some idiot is spamming the function commands on the map. Literally the only thing I miss about having sound is the ship horns. Remember that some game companies, intentionally design the sounds & music in games to induce dopamine production which in turn can cause addition. For me, I found that the game is far less stressful, no anger, no heart racing, no nadda. Best I can describe it is apathy as I care about the match about the same way I care about a game of Solitaire on the computer.  BTW I never had a problem with Tanks or Planes although I do mute the music. Even when you get ammo racked in Tanks, it isn't nearly as obnoxiously loud as what you get when you get blown up in Ships. It is probably why when I play just to have some fun, I play Tanks instead of Ships. 

Edited by Taylor3006

[ONAVY]
[ONAVY]
Members
628 posts
15,231 battles

I certainly hope Aslain comes out with a 9.5 sound Mod so I can go back to the previous sound scheme.

• Cool 1

[ONAVY]
[ONAVY]
Members
628 posts
15,231 battles
15 hours ago, henrychenhenry said:

With 0.9.6 (the current update), WG added some new sounds. From the patch notes:

"With the Ultra sound setting enabled, new sound effects will be heard when selecting 1/2 and 1/4 speeds; reaching speed marks; and when shifting gears to reverse thrust while moving forward at full speed, and vice versa."

The cause of the clicking is your changing speed. This happens more often in destroyers, though it happens for all ships.  Hope this answers your question!

That's ridiculous. You don't get any sounds like that after the initial speed telegraph. What, the ship has a clutch and manual transmission?

[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts
3 hours ago, Willy55_1955 said:

That's ridiculous. You don't get any sounds like that after the initial speed telegraph. What, the ship has a clutch and manual transmission?

Are you saying my reply was ridiculous? I'm trying to explain these new sounds as best I can and I even included a reference to an official source. 

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,488 posts
13,882 battles

PLEASE put your feedback here:

-Hapa

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,977 posts
20,643 battles
On 7/9/2020 at 2:17 PM, Morpheous said:

Hey now, if it was good enough for WOT.....

Yes it is, esp HE hitting enemy ship and it sounds like a half full 55 gal drum being hit by a hammer. 

• Cool 1