You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hans_Guderian

New update with Bots Ruined Tier 1 Games

27 comments in this topic

Members
21 posts
3,231 battles

Hello everyone,

my clan TOK is a clan tha only plays tier 1 games Tier One Killers, because its the most realistic and fun , averyone has the same ship and chances ar fair so you have to develop good tactics and play in division to win, but with the new update with bots filling in they ruined the game, most of experince tier 1 players are experienced players that returned to tier 1 because of the otherb tiers are unfair and unrealistic, I guess that WG it is not interested in tier1 players but there is a big comunity of player that plays tier 1 , we most know each other, saddly we would have to stop playing because of this.

Hope the undo This crappi update

Hans

• Funny 1
  • Haha 2
  • Meh 1

[SOFOP]
Members
2,439 posts
14,361 battles

How does this ruin your gameplay?  You'd rather wait longer to see if more actual players enter the queue?

I would think having bots fill in the gaps and make it more worth your time to join the game would be better than joining a 2v2 game.  But that also comes from the idea of someone wanting to actually gain XP and credits to make progress I guess....

WG probably doesn't have much interest in protecting what you are doing.  You are taking a ton of experience (and possibly a div of experienced players, which is a HUGE benefit) in to a game mode that was intended for brand new players, causing them a negative experience.

• Cool 3

[KWF]
Members
4,370 posts
6,405 battles

No offense, but unless you use zero point captains how is it fair dunking on newbies?

[KOBK]
Members
223 posts
4,029 battles

Why they should do it? You are using 19 points captains and all you exp against people who are trying to start a new tech tree or people who are new to the game. Deal with it, or are you telling us that you cant sink bots?

I dont see the real issue here, since people who just need the exp to unlock tier 2 ships will get it faster than before, so they will move on.

[SOFOP]
Members
2,439 posts
14,361 battles

1 hour ago, theLaalaa said:

[snip]

Umm....ok?  Not sure what point you tried to make here but....yea, I don't play tier 1.  Never said I did.  I moved on from it as soon as I could, as most people do.  There are many reasons for this that I'm happy to discuss elsewhere, but that was not remotely related to the point of this thread (a thread that will attract a variety of people saying the same thing "Stop seal-clubbing and move up").

I was just asking a legitimate question that it appears you are asking also - why did this ruin the game play?  You can't just cry about it ruining your game play and its going to make you leave, and that they should remove the change, without giving SOME indication as to WHY.  At least not if you want to be taken seriously.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
7,910 posts
11,586 battles

of course WG doesnt care about T1, or any of the lower tiers, why? because theres not enough money to be made from them, simple as that

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,566 posts
11,157 battles
26 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

of course WG doesnt care about T1, or any of the lower tiers, why? because theres not enough money to be made from them, simple as that

No because no one plays there long enough except people working on there win rate . 

[RLGN]
Members
14,284 posts
25,147 battles
11 minutes ago, clammboy said:

No because no one plays there long enough except people working on there win rate . 

There s/b their, but yeah.

One might perhaps be forgiven for thinking that if certain T1 players like it so much, they would be happy to have the bots?

After all; more xp, damage, etcetera for the taking.

Surely their objections aren’t because bots can fight better than newer players, and might actually present a challenge?

• Cool 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
7,910 posts
11,586 battles
40 minutes ago, clammboy said:

and because theres no money to be made there, at least in WG's mind

[CROOK]
Modder, Beta Testers
549 posts
5,299 battles

Imagine complaining about the competitive gameplay of tier 1

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
925 posts
10,152 battles

I swear, if that clan was formed for the direct intention of seal clubbing at tier 1, I not only feel no sympathy, but I think I am going to need someone to hold me back from hurling personal insults...

[RLGN]
Members
14,284 posts
25,147 battles
1 hour ago, CorradoG60 said:

WHAT DID I JUST READ??? TIER 1 ONLY WHAT??? :Smile_facepalm:

Not making any comments beyond what I already have; but there are players with literally thousands of games in lower tier ships.

Avoiding carriers being one reason, and there are other reasons.

Thing is; for T1s; some of the ships actually have pretty good AA, at least on paper. The Erie for example, had 4 x 4 x 1.1” Chicago Pianos. Certainly not as good as a quad Bofors, but pretty heavy AA power for such a tiny ship.

[PVE]
Members
6,148 posts
22,432 battles
2 hours ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

2 hours ago, warheart1992 said:

1 hour ago, Nabucodonosor21 said:

56 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

After all; more xp, damage, etcetera for the taking.

They don't care about XP/damage/etc

52 minutes ago, CorradoG60 said:

WHAT DID I JUST READ??? TIER 1 ONLY WHAT??? :Smile_facepalm:

30 minutes ago, Shipmaster_Crook said:

I ran into a lot of players like this while being a pirate/maskerado (did a battle in each T1 to give the newbs a chance to get some doubs) & these guys usually play late at night when it's just them & they can't club the newbies***...they banter w/each other & just shoot ships w/out all the fancy gimmicks of the higher tiers.

***Seeing as protected MM doesn't let experienced players in (in other words experienced players got queue dumps instead of bots) there really wasn't any seals down there to club...just players working off pink status...which defeated my plan to give newbs doubs btw...oops :-)

They just wanna play against each other as they always have w/out bots in the way doing stupid bot crapthat bots do.

2 hours ago, Hans_Guderian said:

Hello everyone,

my clan TOK is a clan tha only plays tier 1 games Tier One Killers, because its the most realistic and fun , averyone has the same ship and chances ar fair so you have to develop good tactics and play in division to win, but with the new update with bots filling in they ruined the game, most of experince tier 1 players are experienced players that returned to tier 1 because of the otherb tiers are unfair and unrealistic, I guess that WG it is not interested in tier1 players but there is a big comunity of player that plays tier 1 , we most know each other, saddly we would have to stop playing because of this.

Hope the undo This crappi update

Hans

That about right OP?

I can see WG returning T1 to it's original status w/out too much issues being caused by it as only pinkies & experienced players running new lines play there besides these guys & even w/a queue dump you still get enough XP to move on if your running a new line & pinkies & these guys don't care about the extra XP. It just makes you have to wait longer for a T1 battle to finish if your grinding a new line so nobody is really benefitting from a T1 queue filled w/bots.

[SOFOP]
Members
2,439 posts
14,361 battles

I just gave it a few tries...very weird gameplay by the players.  Mostly they just run to the border and wait till the match is almost over, then come in and try to sweep up.

Maybe they could put something in that people over 200 matches can only be matched against each other and no bots or something.

I will say this, this bot thing could be a problem:  In the 2 games i played, I went 1-1.....but I also got 2 Krakens, 2 Confederates, 2 High Calibers, and a few other things....lots of free flags for not really much effort (since the ship don't have any gimmicks).

Edited by Old_Baldy_One

Members
21 posts
3,231 battles

We play tier 1 because averyone has the same ship, and game is more realistic, new player will learn about tactics, cap, detection, not to go alone and play as a team, we dont need experience or credits or nothing be just play it for the fun,upper tiers with carriers and all the unrealistic and unfair things are boring, here you only have guns, and manouver, no matter if you have money or not, is the same for all, with bots tactics are ruined, what the point of putting bots?, yo have cooperative battles for that, I dont care playing 2vs 2 if the players are good, usually are the most fun games, if tier 1 is just a short pasage for people that wabt to play upper tiers and the onlyplay tier 1 battles for 1% of their time, why ruining the game for players that enjoy paying it, wich is the fun of shooting bots?, we now have to wait all the bots are dead and then start playing,  several clans play tier 1 games something up to 10 ships each side and where very good battles, this udpdate has ruined it!

Hans

Members
1,595 posts
25,085 battles

Busting the MYTH of Tier 1 brimming full of noobs:

[KOBK]
Members
223 posts
4,029 battles
2 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

They don't care about XP/damage/etc

I ran into a lot of players like this while being a pirate/maskerado (did a battle in each T1 to give the newbs a chance to get some doubs) & these guys usually play late at night when it's just them & they can't club the newbies***...they banter w/each other & just shoot ships w/out all the fancy gimmicks of the higher tiers.

Yeah, same thing say the seal clubber from Ace Combat Infinity before kicking me for stealing his mvp in stonehenge raid 3

For me, as i dont have to get level one anymore thx to free exp i wont suffer from this. But the times i have to use t1 for new countries, i suffered from guys with RPL at level 1...

Edited by Nabucodonosor21

[PVE]
Members
6,148 posts
22,432 battles
6 hours ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

Maybe they could put something in that people over 200 matches can only be matched against each other and no bots or something.

I'm pretty sure protected MM is already seperated from regular T1 because I saw a few queue dumps (8 or 9/team) when I played pirate & mask accounts & protected MM doesn't get queue dumps it's always been filled w/bots.

6 hours ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

Mostly they just run to the border and wait till the match is almost over, then come in and try to sweep up.

That is the safest tactic (not necessarily the border but letting bots go ahead to use as meat shields) if you wanna win against bots because if they decide to focus all the humans & you all die quick even w/a huge lead green bots can throw a match quicker than lightning.

4 hours ago, Nabucodonosor21 said:

Yeah, same thing

Not the same thing...unlike those other games WoWS seperates protected MM players from experienced players so there's no possibility of clubbing there.

Players just out of protected MM might have a rough go of it but usually players only need 1 (or 2) battle(s at most) in T1 to get to the T2 ship & be out of T1 & with no gimmicks (since they removed the Black Swans AP shells way back) in T1 the newer players still have time to do some damage before getting "stomped" no matter how good the experienced player is.

But as for:

4 hours ago, Nabucodonosor21 said:

For me, as i dont have to get level one anymore thx to free exp i wont suffer from this. But the times i have to use t1 for new countries, i suffered from guys with RPL at level 1...

You've got enough games (& a fairly decent win rate) that nobody is gonna be stomping on you & you won't be suffering from being in a battle against these guys.

You obviously know how to spam the RMB good enough to hang.

@Hapa_Fodder...I know this sounds like a low priority concern but is there a chance you can send OP's request up lines (of removing the bots just in T1) for consideration.

I assume (& feel free to correct me if I'm wrong & I'm missing something...maybe newer players have been complaining about getting stomped in T1...I don't know 1 way or the other) that the idea behind adding bots to the lower tiers was because of all the CV queue dumps but T1 doesn't see CVs so maybe they can give T1 players back their fun mode.

When playing pirate & mask accounts (I always played 1 battle in each of the T1 ships) there was a lot of different players that were repeatedly playing those tiers late at night so can verify there's definitely a niche for it.

[KOBK]
Members
223 posts
4,029 battles
5 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

You've got enough games (& a fairly decent win rate) that nobody is gonna be stomping on you & you won't be suffering from being in a battle against these guys.

So, just because i dont suffer anymore it doesnt matter? You must be politician in real life.

[PVE]
Members
6,148 posts
22,432 battles
1 hour ago, Nabucodonosor21 said:

So, just because i dont suffer anymore it doesnt matter? You must be politician in real life.

Sorry but this is the English forum...I already explained that "it" doesn't matter because "it" doesn't happen...new players have always had a protected T1 that experienced players don't get to play in (including you when you were new)...& that protected MM just increased from 100-200 battles before they face experienced players in T1.

You mentioned your experiences in other games as if it was relevant & I'm guessing they weren't because those games probably don't have a protected MM like this 1 does so there's no comparison & your feelings getting hurt in those games don't actually translate into any relevance in this game.

Then you acted like you needed to FXP through T1 in order to not "suffer" against these players when you have enough experience to be able to stand against them...although now you are clarifying that you "don't" suffer (anymore) even though you acted like you did in your other comment.

What exactly are you talking about that does "matter" because you seem to be having a hard time explaining what that actually is if all of a sudden your story is changing from "I suffer" to "I don't suffer (anymore)"?

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,524 posts
13,889 battles
11 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

I'm pretty sure protected MM is already seperated from regular T1 because I saw a few queue dumps (8 or 9/team) when I played pirate & mask accounts & protected MM doesn't get queue dumps it's always been filled w/bots.

That is the safest tactic (not necessarily the border but letting bots go ahead to use as meat shields) if you wanna win against bots because if they decide to focus all the humans & you all die quick even w/a huge lead green bots can throw a match quicker than lightning.

Not the same thing...unlike those other games WoWS seperates protected MM players from experienced players so there's no possibility of clubbing there.

Players just out of protected MM might have a rough go of it but usually players only need 1 (or 2) battle(s at most) in T1 to get to the T2 ship & be out of T1 & with no gimmicks (since they removed the Black Swans AP shells way back) in T1 the newer players still have time to do some damage before getting "stomped" no matter how good the experienced player is.

But as for:

@Hapa_Fodder...I know this sounds like a low priority concern but is there a chance you can send OP's request up lines (of removing the bots just in T1) for consideration.

I assume (& feel free to correct me if I'm wrong & I'm missing something...maybe newer players have been complaining about getting stomped in T1...I don't know 1 way or the other) that the idea behind adding bots to the lower tiers was because of all the CV queue dumps but T1 doesn't see CVs so maybe they can give T1 players back their fun mode.

When playing pirate & mask accounts (I always played 1 battle in each of the T1 ships) there was a lot of different players that were repeatedly playing those tiers late at night so can verify there's definitely a niche for it.

Sincerely mean no offense by this, but this change is to improve the QoL of everyone, and TBH, unless there are thousands of players playing Tier 1 and complaining about the bots that are added, this probably won't go over that well.

This is more for veteran players that might be grinding a new line, so they are not in queue for a long time. New players are going to be in protected MM for 200 battles now vs approximately 69, so this won't effect them as much.

But I will send it up, yes.

-Hapa

• Cool 1

[KMS]
[KMS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,553 posts
11,732 battles

Thanks for the heads up.  New clan forming.  Pinking it up in Tier 1.  Thought I felt bad playing my kazes in tier 5.

[ICBM]
Members
820 posts
9,343 battles

Hi Hans,

If you want to continue playing competitive Tier 1 with your friends, you can always set up a training room. Sure, its not quite the same as randoms, but maybe it will work. Hope this helps.