You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

Community time with Maredraco and Hapa_Fodder

15 comments in this topic

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,498 posts
13,885 battles

Aloha,

Come join @Maredraco and I tomorrow (July 10th) at 5pm central on the official World of Warships Twitch channel!

We'll shoot some ship, go over some of the changes in the 0.9.6 patch, answer some of your questions.

www.twitch.tv/worldofwarships

Make sure your WG account and your Twitch accounts are linked to ensure you get the Twitch drops!

Mahalo,

-Hapa

• Cool 3
  • Meh 1

[WORX]
Members
10,595 posts
18,494 battles

Stream time with our Brazilian Dr. Phillip Banks of Fresh Prince of Bel air...  Always entertaining.:Smile_izmena:

I'll be watching.

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Haha 3

[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,721 posts
4,630 battles

You set the auto-mod to lock out the word 'code'.  Brilliant!  Sell that to EU, please.  That line announcement was the most annoying chat ever.

Edited by iDuckman

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,704 posts

Quick comment on the subject of "all content is voluntary".

It may be voluntary, but sometimes there are things locked in / behind it that require doing the content to get the things. 

• Example -- any ship requiring Steel, or Research Points, requires doing the thing to get the "currency" to get the ship.
  • Example -- the Iron Cross camo for non-carriers being part of the German CV event. 

Sure, the event or mode is voluntary, but not if you want the things locked behind it.

E:  I had to just listen to the stream... I got a little motion sick just watching someone else play the aircraft.  :Smile_sad:

Edited by KilljoyCutter

[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,721 posts
4,630 battles
1 hour ago, KilljoyCutter said:
  • Example -- any ship requiring Steel, or Research Points, requires doing the thing to get the "currency" to get the ship.
  • Example -- the Iron Cross camo for non-carriers being part of the German CV event.

But you don't *have* to get those.  You just want them.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,704 posts
2 hours ago, iDuckman said:

But you don't *have* to get those.  You just want them.

That's not really a functional dividing line, we don't HAVE to play the game at all. 

The point is that the content some players want is locked behind otherwise unrelated missions, etc, that they're not interested in. 

There's a difference between "you don't have to grind that new line of ships if you don't want to" and "you don't have to get X if you don't want to do unrelated Y". 

Edited by KilljoyCutter

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
12,452 posts

Well... as to the code HAPAFANTALISTIC  I could not get to the stream so again, missed it. Guess I didn't want or need it eh? 

Or maybe I had to take my two GSD walkies with my wife, you know, life? 

[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,721 posts
4,630 battles
4 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Guess I didn't want or need it eh? 

Not really.  It gives the same mission as the EU code, which nets you a German container, which is simply another roll of the dice.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
12,452 posts
9 hours ago, iDuckman said:

Not really.  It gives the same mission as the EU code, which nets you a German container, which is simply another roll of the dice.

Thanks. I suspect the overall experience I'll be having with the German containers will be the same as all containers from campaigns, etc...

How I remember the day... Dunker was the last - when a super container brought a ship to my harbor... I think the Dunker was a dang good ship for free. 

Nowadays you can't even get a pre-mission for a carrier. Oh welby... 

Have you received the mission?  

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
12,452 posts
53 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Nowadays you can't even get a pre-mission for a carrier. Oh welby... 

And poof... just like that, today I got a German container for completing something or the other and in it was the BONUS for the tier IV German CV. 

Guess I got to whine harder for the Tier VI and VIII now. 

[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,721 posts
4,630 battles
1 hour ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Have you received the mission?  

Yeah, but it's impossible for PVE.

Glad to see your whining is working!

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
12,452 posts
2 hours ago, iDuckman said:

Yeah, but it's impossible for PVE.

Glad to see your whining is working!

"Earn Base XP 8,000"... playing Kaga, I've managed nearly 4K in three, maybe four randoms. Yes, I tried the PvE route and would agree with you ... that's a whole lot of time. 

[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,721 posts
4,630 battles

Hm?  I got "Earn 1200 ... 1600 BXP" in Random or Ranked. 

But who know's if we're looking at the right mission since they are no longer titled.  (That's a mistake, WG.)

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,295 posts
On 7/9/2020 at 2:39 PM, Hapa_Fodder said:

Aloha,

Come join @Maredraco and I tomorrow (July 10th) at 5pm central on the official World of Warships Twitch channel!

We'll shoot some ship, go over some of the changes in the 0.9.6 patch, answer some of your questions.

www.twitch.tv/worldofwarships

Make sure your WG account and your Twitch accounts are linked to ensure you get the Twitch drops!

Mahalo,

-Hapa

please let us know with more time! i didnt seen the message and could not watch.