You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
kgh52

Is it time to seek another game?

47 comments in this topic

[TDRB]
Members
5,320 posts
13,743 battles

The fun I once had playing this game is ebbing away. 

While some reasons carry more weight than others, it is actually a combination of a number of reasons behind this growing apathy for the game. There are a couple of low cost premium ships I would like to add but my uncertainty about playing long enough to justify the cost has kept me from purchasing these ships.

I haven't invested a lot of $$$ in the game but I have spent many hours playing and the memory of the better times causes me to hang on & wait for a positive change.

But WG present direction and the hostility among players gives me little hope.

Maybe all I need is a break.

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Boring 2

[WORX]
Members
13,291 posts
20,135 battles

When you're not happy with your wife taking your money... Dont make the  excuses of staying together for the kids, as  the reason for being in an unhealthy relationship.

You just have to know to

And move on...

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Meh 2

[12TF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,241 posts

You have played this game 12,548 times.  It's pretty understandable that you might want to take a break.

• Cool 1

[WOLFB]
Members
3,188 posts
8,194 battles

I have taken a few breaks. And sometimes I just jump in and play a game. 

Just take a break man. 

[NVRDY]
Beta Testers
1,676 posts
9,082 battles
2 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

When you're not happy with your wife taking your money... Dont make the  excuses of staying together for the kids, as  the reason for being in an unhealthy relationship.

Or better yet, when you have a wife, don't refer to the money as just "yours". 

The details can tell a lot about a situation. Lol

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[OIL-1]
Members
1,499 posts

Not only should you play a different game, you should pick a different genre. Then when you come back you'll have a whole new perspective on the game.

• Cool 1

[MAHAN]
Beta Testers
1,604 posts
7,195 battles

Breaks help. I didn't play for nearly six months and now that I'm back things feel fresh and fun again. That isn't to say I don't have grave misgivings about some things Wargaming is doing (i.e. subs, Kitakami, CV dumpster fire), but it is still fun.

• Cool 1

[WK]
1,279 posts
18,110 battles

What helps me is not playing WoWs exclusively, if that is one of the reasons.  Usually over the weekend a buddy (who is a FFXIV fanatic) and I will play something like StarCraft 2 Co-Op or Deep Rock Galactic.  Thinking of giving Terraria 1.4's Master Mode a go this weekend, but been so long since we played Terraria that I expect it to go as well as a Erie challenging 2 GK's to a secondary fight. :Smile_hiding:

[CAZA]
531 posts
6,916 battles

Treat this game as it is: a casual game with pixel boats in it.

• Cool 1

[-VT-]
Members
1,258 posts
29,996 battles

as soon as they make a mod that allows you to transfer all you stuff in the game to me you should stick around

[LSNB]
Members
1,716 posts
6,095 battles

Actually, why don't I just go back to TF2? There's a bunch of player-hosted bot-free servers now, as well as an active competitive scene.

[RKLES]
Members
964 posts
1 hour ago, Navalpride33 said:

When you're not happy with your wife taking your money...

Is that how marriage works?

[TDRB]
Members
5,320 posts
13,743 battles
31 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

What are the combination of reasons? I'm curious. 

I am reluctant to say because so many will single out & focus on one. 

I do not like the gimmicks the new ships bring to the game. WG apathetic to disdain attitude towards ops. The in game player hostility. These are the main reasons.

To a lessor degree CV's and the upcoming addition of subs.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,589 posts
17,781 battles

Well as a gammer it is always time to be on the look out for new games. 

[TDRB]
Members
5,320 posts
13,743 battles

When you're not happy with your wife taking your money

In about 3 weeks we will celebrate our 45th anniversary. It was a long time ago that I got to spend any money without asking my wife. That's  likely why we been married this long. :Smile_Default:

• Haha 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,424 posts
12,679 battles

I never played a video game for more than 3 months . I am now going on years 4 of WOWS I don’t play it as much as I used to you but I still love it .

I still spend money on it and anything I have spent on the game I got back in the enjoyment and relaxation the game brings to me . Even when frustrated by the game it still takes my mind off the daily grind that is life .

So I feel my money was well spent and if I quit tomorrow I would have no regrets about the money I put into the game . Sometimes though you need to take a break the long losing streaks or the bad MM can get to you . I hope the OP just takes a little break and then comes back . 

Edited by clammboy
  • Cool 1

[PRVTR]
Members
1,139 posts
6,352 battles

Mate, if you need to take a break, take a break.

I did that for about five weeks as the British CA event went on, because I just couldn't deal with them. I played Minecraft, Warhammer games, and a few others. Ain't nothing to it. 

-Shrayes

[SIDE]
Members
4,939 posts

Well, maybe it is time for you to play something else. Largely negative posts last several weeks. Take a break. Maybe you'll get the itch again in the fall or winter.

Seems like a thread for the off-topic sub-forum...

Edited by thebigblue
  • Meh 2

[-AF-]
Beta Testers
819 posts
10,896 battles

Definitely take a break OP.  It's summertime in the northern hemisphere; maybe find an outdoor activity to do?  Or binge watch a tv or movie series you've putting off?   Do some unrelated reading?  

Or if you just want to do gaming, select an unrelated game?   I've been giving WoT a rest right now and am playing WoWs, and Mad Max.   Picked up Tropico 5 and Lord of The Realms 2 off the Steam summer sale and am excited to revisit a couple genres I've not visited in years!

[SALVO]
Members
8,264 posts
6,122 battles
1 hour ago, kgh52 said:

The fun I once had playing this game is ebbing away. 

While some reasons carry more weight than others, it is actually a combination of a number of reasons behind this growing apathy for the game. There are a couple of low cost premium ships I would like to add but my uncertainty about playing long enough to justify the cost has kept me from purchasing these ships.

I haven't invested a lot of $$$ in the game but I have spent many hours playing and the memory of the better times causes me to hang on & wait for a positive change.

But WG present direction and the hostility among players gives me little hope.

Maybe all I need is a break.

Dude, you are not married to WoWS. Play other stuff on the side. Save your commitment and loyalty for RL. 

I try to play other stuff on the side of ships, helps to maintain a clearer perspective.

[SIDE]
Members
4,939 posts
Just now, ArIskandir said:

Dude, you are not married to WoWS. Play other stuff on the side. Save your commitment and loyalty for RL. 

I try to play other stuff on the side of ships, helps to maintain a clearer perspective.

Well said 

• Thanks 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,197 posts
1 hour ago, AdmiralPiett said:

Breaks help. I didn't play for nearly six months and now that I'm back things feel fresh and fun again. That isn't to say I don't have grave misgivings about some things Wargaming is doing (i.e. subs, Kitakami, CV dumpster fire), but it is still fun.

Yup. I took a nearly 220 day break from the game. Came back for the sub test on the live server. Meh is about all I can say for them. Bought a Kaga, ground the Kremlin and now am looking at another break. 

Think of the break as ascending in a hot air balloon. The longer the break, the higher you go. Things that seem so very important at ground level soon slip away, disappearing as you rise into the atmosphere, looking at a much larger world.

As to other genre, there's a lot out there. The software gaming world had grown immensely since the Beta days. 

So yes - take a break. Cause, you know, you deserve it! 

• Thanks 1

[SYN]
Members
15,971 posts
12,803 battles

I suggest Final Fantasy 7 Remake

It's easily a 9/10 game and you don't have to play with other idiots trying to ruin the fun.