You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lert

Wargaming, why did you reset my settings?

62 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
25,803 posts
21,705 battles

My graphics and audio settings were reverted to standard. Why?I had set everything up exactly as I wanted it, and the update put everything as I did not want it. Why? ... No, really, why? Why couldn't the game just keep my own settings?

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 3

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,432 posts
17,387 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

My graphics and audio settings were reverted to standard. Why?I had set everything up exactly as I wanted it, and the update put everything as I did not want it. Why? ... No, really, why? Why couldn't the game just keep my own settings?

:cap_cool:Because  it's  WG?:cap_old::Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1
  • Haha 1

Members
2,010 posts
28,745 battles

They know what you want better than you know what you want.

• Cool 2
  • Haha 1

[ARP]
Members
27 posts
7,508 battles

This sort of thing often seems to happen when they do a patch.  Each patch disables the mods I have activated too - several times I have started a game right after and I'm back to the basic crosshairs and keep missing because I'm used to the adaptive ones.

[OIL-1]
Members
1,510 posts

Complete rework of the audio, again. And more HDR stuff.

[WORX]
Members
13,307 posts
20,159 battles
10 minutes ago, Lert said:

Sound was reworked, now we have WOT sounds super imposed on to WOWS. (like a badly dubbed old 1970's kung fu movie).

So guys check your in game settings before battle or in co-op.. Sounds and graphics were changed since the last patch.

• Meh 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,432 posts
17,387 battles
22 minutes ago, Lert said:

20 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

:cap_cool:Because  it's  WG?:cap_old::Smile_trollface:

17 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

They know what you want better than you know what you want.

14 minutes ago, jdyoungca said:

This sort of thing often seems to happen when they do a patch.  Each patch disables the mods I have activated too - several times I have started a game right after and I'm back to the basic crosshairs and keep missing because I'm used to the adaptive ones.

14 minutes ago, z9_ said:

"WG"  Because If it's working we have to fix it!

Edited by shadowsrmine
  • Funny 1

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts
6 minutes ago, DocWalker said:

In Russia the Settings reset you ?

On a more serious note, it was probably because the Hierarchy of the Sound Controls changed since Release 0.8.9 ...

Old:

089Sound.thumb.jpg.5bdb29a35ee98af5ef258e47c740dc6f.jpg

New:

096Sound.thumb.jpg.90c999dbcbbeab1ff701f66c8fd620c7.jpg

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
3,046 posts
52,198 battles

Spreadsheet said to

[DOG]
Members
812 posts
14,307 battles
27 minutes ago, Lert said:

Probably for the same reason your selected port is changed to any newly released port (setting). It's to make sure you can experience some new thing that they just released (otherwise you'd miss out on something they put time and effort into). Since new sound changes were introduced, I guess it's so you can experience those changes and after making those changes you MIGHT want your old settings values but maybe not.

• Cool 1

[GOB]
Members
2,736 posts

Sounds were upgraded and some added.. also support for 5.1 surround.  They warned us in the notes that you would have to re adjust your sound settings.  Took all of 2 minutes.

Edited by Col_Nasty

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
25,803 posts
21,705 battles
26 minutes ago, Primace said:

you deleted your local settings

I deleted nothing.

[BWC]
Beta Testers
2,110 posts
8,166 battles

Because previous settings not let you experience full glorious new sounds of great naval game.  We fix for you!  Also, removed other sound setting we not like, so all is better!  Rejoice comrade!  Great game get bigger great!

Oh, and made sure must first have patriotic Game Center open and running to start great naval game.  Not good, trying to avoid important, profit-generating hype page before shooting big guns...no, not good at all!  We fix, you like!

Edit:  Oh, we also change selected badge for reply poster.  Old badge too detailed...you like new badge, which highlight tireless industry of downtrodden workers!  No need to do anything comrade...we do all for you!  You trust in WG, da?

Edited by Jakob_Knight
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts

The update moved files around, and deleted folders, which also appears to have deleted any screenshots you had saved. 

If your settings file was in one of those folders somehow... 

Beta Testers
3,306 posts
26,945 battles
53 minutes ago, z9_ said:

The sound is terrible now. It really sounds cheap...................SUcks !!!!!! 

• Meh 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,136 posts
4,345 battles
22 minutes ago, Lert said:

I deleted nothing.

Yeah, but WG did. I think a couple folders got moved around this update (because reasons) which would reset settings. Now why that was necessary, who knows. 

Pretty sure other updates have at least partially reset things as well. After a patch I always go in a make sure everything is where it should be, because often something has been changed. But yeah, I'm sure there's a way not to reset everyone's settings, WG just probably can't be bothered because that doesn't make them money.

[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
15,668 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

Because the entire audio system has been reworked.

List of changes:

• Improved sound quality for all settings.
  • Improved sound quality for multi-channel sound systems (5.1; 7.1; and others).
  • Updated sounds for ship engines. Sounds are divided into two types—steam turbine and diesel, each with its own distinctive tone.
  • Updated sounds for aircraft engines.
  • Updated ambient sounds with the Ultra sound quality setting selected.
  • The SFX volume slider has been removed from the audio settings. Previously, the slider was used to control all non-musical in-game sounds, with the exception of voice messages. Thus it duplicated the other sliders located in the audio settings tab on the right-hand side of the screen.
  • A new "Damage audio volume" slider has been added. This is used to control the sound of shells' interaction with all surfaces and ships, and the effects they cause.
  • Added an option to adjust the volume of the horn that sounds when launching the game. It can be adjusted with the "Music in the Port" slider.

Because of the increase in quality, namely support 5.1 and 7.1 the settings had to be reset.

-Hapa

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
25,803 posts
21,705 battles
22 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

List of changes:

<snip>

-Hapa

Well, thanks for your response.

[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
15,668 battles
7 minutes ago, Jakob_Knight said:

If only the sound quality were improved. Seems degraded to me.

Not sure why you think they were degraded. With the surround support, putting the audio to Ultra is pretty amazing!

-Hapa

• Cool 1

[PTRGT]
Members
462 posts
58,686 battles
34 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Because of the increase in quality, namely support 5.1 and 7.1 the settings had to be reset.

-Hapa

I did not have a problem with the reset....except one of the default sound setting at set at MAX and my 1st game it almost blew me out of my chair.

I'm lucking I don't use head phones I could have ended up with hearing loss. :fish_glass:

Please take the time and visit the Person who thought that was a good idea and smack them firmly up the back side of the head with a rolled up newspaper. :fish_viking:

• Cool 1