Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Jitta77

Did OPS (Aegis) Exp change again?

119 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

172
[CAP]
Members
443 posts
17,980 battles

I just ran Aegis twice this morning and instead of finishing at the top of the team with my usual 4-6 kills 200K damage with assistant, I was ranked 5th under the CV!  This is about a 30% reduction in base exp from what the same performance was worth during that last Aegis mission week (after the previous nerf).  Did i miss the text in the patch notes that said they were nerfing operations again and changing how base exp was being awarded?  The same performance would have gotten me at least 1400 BXP a few weeks ago and the silver nerf was massive, least a 50% reduction. FYI this is with full base/perm economy flags. At this point, a loss in random would have netted me more rewards that a 5 star, top damage, and no deaths Op.

image.thumb.png.f32c5e10050d1f4338c7e5d3e347309f.png

image.png.7bb3e72b45e549b7c5b6cdb9b8209c61.png

image.png.287a853dec29e9df46c14a58df40e19b.png

  • Cool 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8
[TDG]
Members
46 posts
18,556 battles

Happened to me aswell yesterday. Not worth to play ops "just for fun" if the XP is so low for 200k+ damage 4 kills and 8,9 citadels (like 1200/1300 base before, below 1000 base now). So sad.

  • Cool 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,007
[NSC]
Members
2,347 posts
21 minutes ago, Jitta77 said:

I just ran Aegis twice this morning and instead of finishing at the top of the team with my usual 4-6 kills 200K damage with assistant, I was ranked 5th under the CV!  This is about a 30% reduction in base exp from what the same performance was worth during that last Aegis mission week (after the previous nerf).  Did i miss the text in the patch notes that said they were nerfing operations again and changing how base exp was being awarded?  The same performance would have gotten me at least 1400 BXP a few weeks ago and the silver nerf was massive, least a 50% reduction. FYI this is with full base/perm economy flags. At this point, a loss in random would have netted me more rewards that a 5 star, top damage, and no deaths Op.

Thanks for sharing those screenshots! I read the patch notes again and didn't see any mention of changing payout from operations. I also haven't seen any other threads about this. But that does look like low BXP earning for the damage you did. Maybe it's damage to BB vs. DD?

9 minutes ago, felipe71arg said:

Happened to me aswell yesterday. Not worth to play ops "just for fun" if the XP is so low for 200k+ damage 4 kills and 8,9 citadels (like 1200/1300 base before, below 1000 base now). So sad.

Haven't played Ops yet this patch. Maybe I should try.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
124
[WOLF7]
Members
193 posts
9 minutes ago, felipe71arg said:

Happened to me aswell yesterday. Not worth to play ops "just for fun" if the XP is so low for 200k+ damage 4 kills and 8,9 citadels (like 1200/1300 base before, below 1000 base now). So sad. 

Base XP rewards have dropped where I won't put special camo and flags on to play (to WG thus I will not be buying any more either).  Will only play it when clan mates want to run it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
667
[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
2,476 posts

I am going to go with the other players did more damage to the mission objectives than you added to spot damage they got annd.. they've been adjusting mission payouts. Aegis is a lot easier to 5 star than before.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
626
[O_O]
Members
674 posts

Before 9.6 200k damage = 1500 base xp in Aegis.  Yesterday I only got 800 base xp with the same amount of damage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,080
[OIL-1]
Members
1,498 posts
10 minutes ago, StoptheViolins said:

I am going to go with the other players did more damage to the mission objectives than you

Don't. Same thing is happening to everybody.
Look at the screenshot. See the Queen and Fuso on the bottom?

I ran a rotation of Normandie, Dunkerque, Fuso, and always got 1st or 2nd place.
Now I do the same damage and kills, and end at the bottom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
172
[CAP]
Members
443 posts
17,980 battles

#hopa_fodda

Do you have any information on additional changes to OPS?  Clearly something big changed beyond the previous "rebalancing".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,457
[PVE]
Members
11,072 posts
19,193 battles
37 minutes ago, StoptheViolins said:

I am going to go with the other players did more damage to the mission objectives than you added to spot damage they got annd.. they've been adjusting mission payouts. Aegis is a lot easier to 5 star than before.

No, there is something wrong.

 

39 minutes ago, henrychenhenry said:

Thanks for sharing those screenshots! I read the patch notes again and didn't see any mention of changing payout from operations. I also haven't seen any other threads about this. But that does look like low BXP earning for the damage you did. Maybe it's damage to BB vs. DD?

There are other posts about it. Anything on this @Hapa_Fodder I have screenshots and replays if you need them to analyze. This one was my first Aegis battle yesterday but I have more.

image.thumb.png.ac0d0bb5c4894914aa6062c8c43373d0.png

image.thumb.png.23600f9b47615894d4903b14883b6c13.png

image.thumb.png.6e0be9ba3cbde6f2df8608d0e1db4f2b.png

image.thumb.png.76eaf7027ba7f3e5cc4476d2041e2ecd.png

20200708_201805_PFSB506-Dunkerque-1940_37_Ridge.wowsreplay

OK, this was my last one in Huanghe. It should have been a great game but wasn't.

image.thumb.png.d77b063b712a5a7dbc3c3da10bbd2a66.png

image.thumb.png.d1371354e214b09ee84b62c0cba07003.png

image.thumb.png.c0b27458ab3fe4d4c88839ad2790f71d.png

20200709_013343_PZSC506-Huang-he_37_Ridge.wowsreplay

The teams were actually great and I am not trying to boost my own Operations prowess but I should have been first or second place in all of my battles yesterday and I wasn't in any of them.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
172
[CAP]
Members
443 posts
17,980 battles
6 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

No, there is something wrong.

 

There are other posts about it. Anything on this @Hapa_Fodder I have screenshots and replays if you need them to analyze. This one was my first Aegis battle yesterday but I have more.

20200708_201805_PFSB506-Dunkerque-1940_37_Ridge.wowsreplay

 

 

I notice a trend there.  For some reason cruisers are getting disproportionate BXP for less damage.  I mean, there is no way that all 4 cruisers out performed your BB, right?

In mine, the Aoba died before the escorts were destroyed and he took first.  So 3 more BBs and the extra fleet ships that appear were attacked without him but he got top BXP?  huh?

 

Also, have to love that the "major contributor" ends up 5th.

Edited by Jitta77

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,080
[OIL-1]
Members
1,498 posts
1 minute ago, Sovereigndawg said:

This one was my first Aegis battle yesterday but I have more.

Again, notice the Dunker & Norman at the bottom, and a dead Aoba at the top with no kills.

Saw a Fushun today. Halfway thru said he had 200k dmg & would finish mid-pack.
He went on to kill the 2 BBs and got Torpedoman. Ended with most kills by far.
Finished mid-pack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,007
[NSC]
Members
2,347 posts
2 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

There are other posts about it.

Thanks for letting me know! I don't read every single post on the forums, so I could've missed posts about this. I did not find any mention in the patch notes though (or maybe I missed it too). Definitely seems like many players are seeing the same thing. I am submitting a ticket to CS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
172
[CAP]
Members
443 posts
17,980 battles
11 minutes ago, henrychenhenry said:

Thanks for letting me know! I don't read every single post on the forums, so I could've missed posts about this. I did not find any mention in the patch notes though (or maybe I missed it too). Definitely seems like many players are seeing the same thing. I am submitting a ticket to CS.

I missed the other threads as well yesterday due to work so I was shocked when I ran OPS this morning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,457
[PVE]
Members
11,072 posts
19,193 battles
8 minutes ago, henrychenhenry said:

Thanks for letting me know! I don't read every single post on the forums, so I could've missed posts about this. I did not find any mention in the patch notes though (or maybe I missed it too). Definitely seems like many players are seeing the same thing. I am submitting a ticket to CS.

It's kind of like the results are flipped, but not quite because then I should have been bottom on the results screen. I read a post about this yesterday, most of the responses lambasted the OP. I demounted all of my special signals before playing thank the Lords. I fear that Operations are going to be shut down again. I hope not though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,914
[PVE]
Members
7,343 posts

I too have had good games only to find myself in the bottom third of the scoreboard.  I could dismiss this if it was only a one off occurrence, but its probably half of my games where I'm surprised to be so low on the scoreboard.  I think there might be something wrong with the xp gains.  I wonder if spotting damage gains are being over-represented.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
753
[USN]
Members
1,638 posts
21,131 battles

This is pretty odd. 200k, 4-6 kills should be top of the team with about 1300-1500 BXP, depending on stars. I might have to try some games later tonight in Aegis unless @Hapa_Fodder comes up with some explanation here.

I normally end up with about 200-250k depending on ship and luck (mainly use Aigle, Duca, De Grasse, and London) with a high of 319k in Aigle and base XP varies from 1400-1700, with some super hard carries I managed a 2k base XP game once (think that was Aigle) Whenever I get a chance to play Aegis I’ll update this post with the results of any good games with those ships I mentioned

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,928
[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,632 posts
16,376 battles

Hey Weegee, if PvE isn't a priority for you, why don't you stop messing with it eh?

  • Cool 14
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,376
[HINON]
Members
14,213 posts

Hmm yeah that does look suspect especially with the other posts with very nice damage totals. I've played Aegis a number of times as well and this appears to be a nerf.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,551
[WKY04]
Members
4,074 posts
25,808 battles
2 minutes ago, pikohan said:

Hey Weegee, if PvE isn't a priority for you, why don't you stop messing with it eh?

If they said they didnt want the economy to be good vs bots, why would they make it better vs scripted bots than the usual variety? 

  • Meh 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,914
[PVE]
Members
7,343 posts
16 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Hmm yeah that does look suspect especially with the other posts with very nice damage totals. I've played Aegis a number of times as well and this appears to be a nerf.

I do think the economy is nerfed, but that isn't the real problem.  The problem is I don't think some players are being rewarded properly relative to the rest of the team.  There's no way you get 200k damage and land at the bottom third of the leaderboard with a bunch of randos.  Well, that might happen once, but no way it happens regularly without something being wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
172
[CAP]
Members
443 posts
17,980 battles
8 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

I do think the economy is nerfed, but that isn't the real problem.  The problem is I don't think some players are being rewarded properly relative to the rest of the team.  There's no way you get 200k damage and land at the bottom third of the leaderboard with a bunch of randos.  Well, that might happen once, but no way it happens regularly without something being wrong.

total BXP seems to be about the same in the 7000-7500 range but the credits are 50% lower and the spread is crazy compared to the damage/kills.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
404
[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,279 posts
18,110 battles
6 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

I do think the economy is nerfed, but that isn't the real problem.  The problem is I don't think some players are being rewarded properly relative to the rest of the team.  There's no way you get 200k damage and land at the bottom third of the leaderboard with a bunch of randos.  Well, that might happen once, but no way it happens regularly without something being wrong.

They've definitely messed with something.  I've seen guys who yolo charge Vangaurd come out in upper half, while survivors who made it to finish and did work are on bottom half.  It boggles the mind.:cap_fainting:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,457
[PVE]
Members
11,072 posts
19,193 battles
49 minutes ago, Pugilistic said:

If they said they didnt want the economy to be good vs bots, why would they make it better vs scripted bots than the usual variety? 

Because unlike most other game modes, this one promotes team play and teamwork should be rewarded.

  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
670
[SVF]
Members
1,866 posts
2,438 battles
1 hour ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Because unlike most other game modes, this one promotes team play and teamwork should be rewarded.

"but it's not a Random/Ranked battle, so lol to that idea comrade!"- WG

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,008
[JEDI-]
Members
2,684 posts
6,903 battles

I'm will to wager now that Narai suffered this fate as well.

Hey WG if you don't want PVE players you could just stop with the feigning you do with the OPs. 

You say on one hand you don't mind the pve crowd and then you go and nerf the hell out of OP's multiple times because you do mind the pve crowd making bank on something other than randoms.

Things like this are why no one trusts you with Narai WG, even if whatever reason this time pulling it was "legit", shadow nerfs like this are why we have no faith in you to do the right thing.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×