Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
dnaman

Wargaming launcher keeps restarting

9 comments in this topic

[VAH]
Beta Testers
15 posts
3,602 battles

I'm annoyed as heck that I can't fire up the WOWs application from the direct .exe file but it instead forces me to start the Game Center.  When it starts coming up, I close down game center to not be using resources in the background, but then it opens again...  When I close it I REALLY want it closed.  I don't want it to reopen when it feels like it.  I choose what resources I want used when I'm playing not your stupid launcher we were forced to move to.  QUIT IT!

Rant over.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

[UNHLY]
Members
3,261 posts
25,359 battles
33 minutes ago, dnaman said:

I'm annoyed as heck that I can't fire up the WOWs application from the direct .exe file but it instead forces me to start the Game Center.  When it starts coming up, I close down game center to not be using resources in the background, but then it opens again...  When I close it I REALLY want it closed.  I don't want it to reopen when it feels like it.  I choose what resources I want used when I'm playing not your stupid launcher we were forced to move to.  QUIT IT!

Rant over.

OK you do know that they changed the program for WGC launcher last night in the patch right? 

[UNHLY]
Members
3,261 posts
25,359 battles
40 minutes ago, dnaman said:

Rant over.

Do you have your settings set like this ?

image.png.76ab705b09f49f2af15baf60b2810bbe.png

This will close down the launcher so WG says, try it and see. 

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,146 posts
4,345 battles
2 minutes ago, tm63au said:

Do you have your settings set like this ?

image.png.76ab705b09f49f2af15baf60b2810bbe.png

This will close down the launcher so WG says, try it and see. 

This. These are by default set to the most annoying settings. Mess with these and it closes when you launch, and doesn't start everytime you start the computer. Works good for me.

Now even when it's not up, it's running in the background. It's not really noticeable though, doesn't pull resources like it used to. This allows it to run updates automatically, which may be a good or bad thing. Personally I kind of like it, I use my computer for work and gaming, so on patch day it updates in the background and by the time I'm ready to play it's ready to go. However to shut it down completely you need to kill it from the task manager.

I know the WGC has a terrible reputation because it was garbage for the longest time. But WG seems to have got it working, and people just need to chill, configure the settings, and use it. It's not going to kill your computer, 30 sec getting it set up and it really does work well.

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
478 posts
21,217 battles

@tm63au @AJTP89

Just a simple question,   if you are ingame, at the port,  is it safe to end process for launcher?  Can't tell from what you've described so far,  if the launcher completely kills itself once you get ingame.

I have to ask,  because my PC is hanging on to playable performance prior to the WGC patch.  And it gets a little slower with every patch.  With it being 2 patches since I stopped playing plus-> the WGC(I dont care if it only takes 10-20mb memory)...    It wouldn't be worth trying at this point in my current situation.

[UNHLY]
Members
3,261 posts
25,359 battles
20 minutes ago, PtooieBoat said:

@tm63au @AJTP89

Just a simple question,   if you are ingame, at the port,  is it safe to end process for launcher?  Can't tell from what you've described so far,  if the launcher completely kills itself once you get ingame.

I have to ask,  because my PC is hanging on to playable performance prior to the WGC patch.  And it gets a little slower with every patch.  With it being 2 patches since I stopped playing plus-> the WGC(I dont care if it only takes 10-20mb memory)...    It wouldn't be worth trying at this point in my current situation.

Well the process I have showed you can be done before launching as for turning off completely by ticking the box it should do it automatically, if it does not i don't see a problem do int in the task master while in port.

i don't know how old your computer is that might be the reason its going slow and I'm not really a tech geek wait till AJTP89 reads your message.

Again as far as I'm aware ticking the box suppose to close it down before you hit the start button I could be wrong.

cheers   

• Thanks 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,146 posts
4,345 battles
3 hours ago, PtooieBoat said:

@tm63au @AJTP89

Yeah you can go ahead and kill it. The game runs on its own, just needs the launcher to start it. For me the WGC closes automatically once I hit play.

• Thanks 1

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
478 posts
21,217 battles

Thanks for replying.    And yea PC is about a decade old,  and I'm missing just sailing ships around. I have one turn based naval game on steam,  but doesn't feel the same.

Maybe it's too old to continue running WoWs,  need to consider that and if all the time downloading,  then updating files is worth it.(been avg'ing - 30-60mins)  

Anyhow,  thanks,   and have a great weekend to you all.

[VAH]
Beta Testers
15 posts
3,602 battles
On 7/9/2020 at 9:00 AM, AJTP89 said:

This. These are by default set to the most annoying settings. Mess with these and it closes when you launch, and doesn't start everytime you start the computer. Works good for me.

Now even when it's not up, it's running in the background. It's not really noticeable though, doesn't pull resources like it used to. This allows it to run updates automatically, which may be a good or bad thing. Personally I kind of like it, I use my computer for work and gaming, so on patch day it updates in the background and by the time I'm ready to play it's ready to go. However to shut it down completely you need to kill it from the task manager.

I know the WGC has a terrible reputation because it was garbage for the longest time. But WG seems to have got it working, and people just need to chill, configure the settings, and use it. It's not going to kill your computer, 30 sec getting it set up and it really does work well.

Settings are all changed to turn off when I close it.  I do that when the game is starting and the game itself calls it back up again.  Beyond annoying.  Just wargaming being turds as usual.

• Boring 1

Sign in to follow this