Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
LowSpeed_US

Ping issues since previous patch

7 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

385
[NSEW]
Members
1,858 posts
10,709 battles

Hello,

I have noticed a drastic ping pike from 30ms to 1800ms plus during some games.  Sometimes, it would spike up and drop down to around 100ms.  Other times, it would stay up for the duration of the battle.  Making it really difficult to participate with any positive outcome.  

I have checked all the active connections, and problem solved the possible culprits that could have caused this.  Sadly, I have come to realise that it is the connection itself to the game server itself. 

Anyone else have had such issues in the past? I have never experienced such massive ping jumps. 

FYI, I am connecting from UK to NA servers.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,030
[EQRN]
Members
2,030 posts
17,447 battles

My pings are fine, but I did disconnect twice yesterday, which rarely ever happens, and never twice on the same day - and usually when the wife starts a streaming service, and pings go haywire - none of that was the case yesterday.  So, kinda weird, IMO.  I live in San Jose, which is supposedly where the servers are - no foul weather or power outages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,796
[WORX]
Members
10,635 posts
18,550 battles
4 minutes ago, LowSpeed_US said:

Hello,

I have noticed a drastic ping pike from 30ms to 1800ms plus during some games.  Sometimes, it would spike up and drop down to around 100ms.  Other times, it would stay up for the duration of the battle.  Making it really difficult to participate with any positive outcome.  

I have checked all the active connections, and problem solved the possible culprits that could have caused this.  Sadly, I have come to realise that it is the connection itself to the game server itself. 

Anyone else have had such issues in the past? I have never experienced such massive ping jumps. 

FYI, I am connecting from UK to NA servers.

 

According to Jingles, UK connectivity sucks.... I am going to guess your ISP network is causing problems... I would

  • Make sure I am not on a WIFI connection
  • Make sure you do a 5 min cold restart/without power of
    • Modem
    • PC
    • Router.
  • Then do a chack and repair feature in WGC...

If your ISP is still having traffic routing problems... Your last resort is a VPN...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,732
[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,527 posts
13,901 battles

Aloha,

Have you put a CS ticket in? And have you run a WGCheck? Perhaps @foodprinter can help you!

Mahalo,

-Hapa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
385
[NSEW]
Members
1,858 posts
10,709 battles
57 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

According to Jingles, UK connectivity sucks.... I am going to guess your ISP network is causing problems

Hi,

To clarify, no.  The UK connectivity in comparison to other advanced networked nations maybe. But for the purpose of WOWS game play. It is not lacking, by a mile. 

As for the ISP network, that isn't it either. Appreciate your help, but none of the aforementioned suggestions by you (which I've already checked) nor other network engineers (that I know here) could find the culprit; culprit being on the local side. Which gave us the only other option, the routing could have been changed.

Mind you, normally.  I would get (surprisingly) an average of 40~50ms (I used to get a stable 80-90ms years ago) to the NA servers.  Now, it's unpredictable. 

1 hour ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Aloha,

Have you put a CS ticket in? And have you run a WGCheck? Perhaps @foodprinter can help you!

Mahalo,

-Hapa

Hi, 

I haven't I wanted to but what could they do to actually improve it? I have actually stayed away from the game due to the ping issues, burning the premium time.

I have also run the WGCheck. 

Thanks for the help so far.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,732
[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,527 posts
13,901 battles
2 minutes ago, LowSpeed_US said:

Hi,

To clarify, no.  The UK connectivity in comparison to other advanced networked nations maybe. But for the purpose of WOWS game play. It is not lacking, by a mile. 

As for the ISP network, that isn't it either. Appreciate your help, but none of the aforementioned suggestions by you (which I've already checked) nor other network engineers (that I know here) could find the culprit; culprit being on the local side. Which gave us the only other option, the routing could have been changed.

Mind you, normally.  I would get (surprisingly) an average of 40~50ms (I used to get a stable 80-90ms years ago) to the NA servers.  Now, it's unpredictable. 

Hi, 

I haven't I wanted to but what could they do to actually improve it? I have actually stayed away from the game due to the ping issues, burning the premium time.

I have also run the WGCheck. 

Thanks for the help so far.

 

 

If you run a WGCheck with network connectivity checked, it will give the CS folks more information and tell you if we are having an issue connecting to you or if it IS your ISP.

ISPs GLOBALLY have been having issues because of obvious reasons and as a result a lot of their nodes and routing hubs have been crashing. We have seen this all over the states and in EU.

-Hapa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
385
[NSEW]
Members
1,858 posts
10,709 battles
12 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

If you run a WGCheck with network connectivity checked, it will give the CS folks more information and tell you if we are having an issue connecting to you or if it IS your ISP.

ISPs GLOBALLY have been having issues because of obvious reasons and as a result a lot of their nodes and routing hubs have been crashing. We have seen this all over the states and in EU.

-Hapa

Hi,

I'll run the test again, and submit it to the CS folks.

Thank you

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×