Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
OttoVonPrien

GET Mr. Hyde out of the Armory !! now!!

32 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

364
[KMS]
Beta Testers
291 posts
16,699 battles

Well we know where Mr Hyde has been .

what would you say if the prices at the fast food drive in window were $2 more than if you went inside?? 

would you be lazy or go inside or get Mad and never go back

well that is often the case with the Armory prices

the Champagne adm, pack $11+ more in Armory

and now like last time the new  containers cost more if you buy in Armory than shop

IN shop $99 get you 25, in Armory only 22 that's 12% less 

Don't point out that one is gold you already have,

which is total baloney!!

people don't have that kind of gold laying around, they buy the gold to buy the bundle.

Don't buy anything in the Armory unless you check the premium shop first

bout the only time the "price is right" is when you can use a coupon.

 

WG makes so much money by selling air at silly prices I don't see the need to chisel people out of a few more bucks

of and some of the these containers drop less than what you paid, so buy the 25 container bundle from the shop or risk losing money by gamboling

 

PS was sucker and bought a 25 bundle from the shop, figured I could use the flags,    gave me the missions for the tr4& tr 6 cv

so being a sucker bought another and got suckered all right

the second 25 gave me NO Missions!  draw your  own conclusions on how random things are, might want to forget more than 1 big bundle unless you want the flags.

 

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,788
[WORX]
Members
10,619 posts
18,506 battles
1 minute ago, OttoVonPrien said:

people don't have that kind of gold laying around, they buy the gold to buy the bundle.

According to WG's internal numbers... Yes they do and that is their core focus/primary market with this event...

It is what it is...

People will spend...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
364
[KMS]
Beta Testers
291 posts
16,699 battles

Active players have $100 in gold doing nothing for a long time? hard to believe, 

(  when I got mad at the rigging in wot and walked away from 20k battles and 165 tanks and left 25k  gold just sitting there for years)

seen computers spit out some crazy stuff that people take as gospel, ( when the search filters or logic was not tight enough or was flawed)

perhaps those that have walked away leaving gold have flawed the stats, and it would if they were not filtered out in the programing.

I am probably in the top 2% of morons who throw money at WG and when I get gold I spend it down to 1 to 3k, 

I have to buy gold to buy the big ticket items, everyone I know has to do the same thing. 

 

forgetting if it is smart to spend any kind of real money on this game,

If you are going to spend and be a senile old sucker like me at least spend smart and get the best deal you can.

which in most cases is in the prem. shop (unless you can use a coupon)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,613
[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,510 posts
13,885 battles

Aloha,

I am doing some digging and will hopefully have an answer for you shortly, because, well, I am curious about this too.

-Hapa

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
616 posts
81 battles

The cost in the armory includes a port slot that is included in the armory deal but not in the shop deal. I have seen this before where shop prices vary to armory ones.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
506
[GGWP]
Beta Testers
1,661 posts
8,800 battles

I actually thought the containers in prem shop were different from the ones in the armory. Aren't the one in the armory listed as "Premium" containers?

The possible contents of both are differnent arent they?

I'm pretty sure the german containers in the armory include more coal/flags/etc..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
364
[KMS]
Beta Testers
291 posts
16,699 battles
Just now, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

The cost in the armory includes a port slot that is included in the armory deal but not in the shop deal. I have seen this before where shop prices vary to armory ones.

what !!! I am sure I got a port slot with the bundle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
616 posts
81 battles
3 minutes ago, OttoVonPrien said:

what !!! I am sure I got a port slot with the bundle

Which bundle ? I think the armory bundle price includes a port slot whereas the premium shop bundle does not!

 

Hence the armory bundle cost more...

It is a sneaky manoeuvre to get some more cash out of you via doubloons purchase of bundles. Always buy the item in the premium shop.

Edited by ___V_E_N_O_M___
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
364
[KMS]
Beta Testers
291 posts
16,699 battles
3 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Aloha,

I am doing some digging and will hopefully have an answer for you shortly, because, well, I am curious about this too.

-Hapa

thank you very much, I complain often,  because I play a lot and enjoy the game and like it to improve where I feel it is needed.

I don't hang out on the forum to bash or like some complainers who have stopped playing,

thanks again , people like to be listened too, that's no1 in customer relations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
340
[BTLST]
Members
608 posts
9,352 battles

Has anyone EVER seen the many "% DISCOUNTS" change for items like; Signal Flags, Doubloons, Credits, and other such items?    It is always advertised as a percentage off but never have I seen that item for sale at the noted original price before the discount.    That is a practice that is illegal in many US States as "False Advertising" since the marked down price is the actual price (at least since 2017 when I began playing this game).     Just an observation!

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
364
[KMS]
Beta Testers
291 posts
16,699 battles
7 minutes ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

Which bundle ? I think the armory bundle price includes a port slot whereas the premium shop bundle does not!

 

Hence the armory bundle cost more...

It is a sneaky manoeuvre to get some more cash out of you via doubloons purchase of bundles. Always buy the item in the premium shop.

the Chanpagne Adm. pack they both have slots, but as I pointed out earlier in another post the Armory price in gold is $11.61 more than in the premium shop,

I also don't see the bonus mission listed with the Armory bundle but that is probably an oversight,

Anyone know if it is included?

So buy the Chanpagne from the shop

as a former Large retail store mgr. can understand different pricing at different times, esp. when an item is no longer the latest, but not different pricing for the same thing at the same time.

sort of like having one price on the shelf and a different one on the spl display and charging the customer at check out the price based on where he picked up the item.

talk about a recipe for bad customer relations 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
364
[KMS]
Beta Testers
291 posts
16,699 battles
17 minutes ago, dbw86 said:

Has anyone EVER seen the many "% DISCOUNTS" change for items like; Signal Flags, Doubloons, Credits, and other such items?    It is always advertised as a percentage off but never have I seen that item for sale at the noted original price before the discount.    That is a practice that is illegal in many US States as "False Advertising" since the marked down price is the actual price (at least since 2017 when I began playing this game).     Just an observation!

 

sort of like the store liquidators going in and doubling the prices an then marking them %20 off, people fall for that big time.

WG does have some base pricing 1$=250 gold // 1500 credits =1 gold  // 10 cents per 100 indv xp for camo and flags

and I have figured out the value for coal and all those special flags, often using base in port or shop, Armory also as a last resort.

with a little work and interpolation almost anything can be priced out in $ (based on basic WG prices, )

ships re a little harder to value but you can find similar ships (Tr - type) in the shop

when looking a bundles I figure the base value vs "sale price" 

Sometimes I find things overpriced even by WGs pricing system but also some good deals which is when I spend money.

In general I find the biggest bundles in the shop a discount savings, just not as much as they claim.

so when I buy it is almost always the biggest bundle, 

 

PS got an honest question as to value, ok to PM me in game and will try

if we people take the time to price things out themselves, they protect them selves nd in long run the game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
219
[F4E]
[F4E]
Members
665 posts
13,704 battles
8 minutes ago, dbw86 said:

Has anyone EVER seen the many "% DISCOUNTS" change for items like; Signal Flags, Doubloons, Credits, and other such items?    It is always advertised as a percentage off but never have I seen that item for sale at the noted original price before the discount.    That is a practice that is illegal in many US States as "False Advertising" since the marked down price is the actual price (at least since 2017 when I began playing this game).     Just an observation!

I don't think so. This is a standard advert exercise for most businesses. You'd be hard presses finding one that didn't use this practice. Every time a cashier says "You saved x amount today!" I hold out my hand and ask where is my money?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
340
[BTLST]
Members
608 posts
9,352 battles

I also reduce everything to a US Dollar and Cents price so I can compare things evenly and make decisions on which is the best buy, especially in bundle packages with multiple different things included.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,648
[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,073 posts
58 minutes ago, OttoVonPrien said:

Well we know where Mr Hyde has been .

what would you say if the prices at the fast food drive in window were $2 more than if you went inside?? 

would you be lazy or go inside or get Mad and never go back

well that is often the case with the Armory prices

the Champagne adm, pack $11+ more in Armory

and now like last time the new  containers cost more if you buy in Armory than shop

IN shop $99 get you 25, in Armory only 22 that's 12% less 

Don't point out that one is gold you already have,

which is total baloney!!

people don't have that kind of gold laying around, they buy the gold to buy the bundle.

Don't buy anything in the Armory unless you check the premium shop first

bout the only time the "price is right" is when you can use a coupon.

 

WG makes so much money by selling air at silly prices I don't see the need to chisel people out of a few more bucks

of and some of the these containers drop less than what you paid, so buy the 25 container bundle from the shop or risk losing money by gamboling

 

PS was sucker and bought a 25 bundle from the shop, figured I could use the flags,    gave me the missions for the tr4& tr 6 cv

so being a sucker bought another and got suckered all right

the second 25 gave me NO Missions!  draw your  own conclusions on how random things are, might want to forget more than 1 big bundle unless you want the flags.

 


31 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Aloha,

I am doing some digging and will hopefully have an answer for you shortly, because, well, I am curious about this too.

-Hapa

:cap_cool:No ships in either area interested in,And definitely not interested in CV's I got Enterprise,Graf Zeppelin to complete missions with in CoOp  and because  I don't wanna inflict that on anyone else other than that  :etc_swear:  CV's

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
364
[KMS]
Beta Testers
291 posts
16,699 battles
37 minutes ago, Tigermaus said:

I actually thought the containers in prem shop were different from the ones in the armory. Aren't the one in the armory listed as "Premium" containers?

The possible contents of both are differnent arent they?

I'm pretty sure the german containers in the armory include more coal/flags/etc..

no the ones I am talking about are premium, it would be so much worse it what you thought was true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25
[WAG]
Members
69 posts
6,838 battles
43 minutes ago, OttoVonPrien said:

Active players have $100 in gold doing nothing for a long time? hard to believe, 

(  when I got mad at the rigging in wot and walked away from 20k battles and 165 tanks and left 25k  gold just sitting there for years)

seen computers spit out some crazy stuff that people take as gospel, ( when the search filters or logic was not tight enough or was flawed)

perhaps those that have walked away leaving gold have flawed the stats, and it would if they were not filtered out in the programing.

I am probably in the top 2% of morons who throw money at WG and when I get gold I spend it down to 1 to 3k, 

I have to buy gold to buy the big ticket items, everyone I know has to do the same thing. 

 

forgetting if it is smart to spend any kind of real money on this game,

If you are going to spend and be a senile old sucker like me at least spend smart and get the best deal you can.

which in most cases is in the prem. shop (unless you can use a coupon)

Just adding this to counter your argument about players having Gold sitting in their account.

Just because you didn't and some people you talked too didn't either; doesn't mean it isn't true.....

I personally just had over 18,000 doubloons sitting in my account for over 9 months and a clan mate of mine had over 40,000 doubloons just sitting on his account for over a year and half before.  I know that myself and several people I know have many times ended up having lots of doubloons, average around 25,000 of them, sitting on their account for very long times - +1 year, so there is a good chance there is lots more people that have the same situation as me and my friends.

I have no opinion on your OP about the price difference, I have never checked it out or noticed it.  But if it is the case, I don't doubt you, I don't agree with them doing it and look forward to seeing what Hapa finds out for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
364
[KMS]
Beta Testers
291 posts
16,699 battles
3 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

:cap_cool:No ships in either area interested in,And definitely not interested in CV's I got Enterprise,Graf Zeppelin to complete missions with in CoOp  and because  I don't wanna inflict that on anyone else other than that  :etc_swear:  CV's

I liked the old CV mode hate the New,  Was good at old way bad at new

one reason I bought the bundles is wg forces CVs on you and no way I am going to grind CVs if I have another option (don't hate myself and others that much)

LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,518
[HINON]
Members
13,243 posts

For a long time I had over 54,000 doubloons on my account. I'm not sure where this gold is you speak of though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
364
[KMS]
Beta Testers
291 posts
16,699 battles
7 minutes ago, RogueShadow said:

Just adding this to counter your argument about players having Gold sitting in their account.

Just because you didn't and some people you talked too didn't either; doesn't mean it isn't true.....

I personally just had over 18,000 doubloons sitting in my account for over 9 months and a clan mate of mine had over 40,000 doubloons just sitting on his account for over a year and half before.  I know that myself and several people I know have many times ended up having lots of doubloons, average around 25,000 of them, sitting on their account for very long times - +1 year, so there is a good chance there is lots more people that have the same situation as me and my friends.

I have no opinion on your OP about the price difference, I have never checked it out or noticed it.  But if it is the case, I don't doubt you, I don't agree with them doing it and look forward to seeing what Hapa finds out for us.

you guys have a lot more willpower than little old me, that or you have a very tight focus on what you play and not much else interests you ,

Me I am a foolish moron with 352 ships, and play them all

If I did not complain and point out things, WG would be in love with me

 

I still believe MOST people will need to buy gold to buy $100 in gold armory items.

exceptions to every rule and generalized statements, your the exceptions that prove the rule so to speak

but I don't think we need a survey on how much gold everyone has sitting around as the point of my post was to point out the price dif and help othe players to save money by gong to t he prem. shop

with a secondary objective of getting WG to not make Armory buyers pay more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25
[WAG]
Members
69 posts
6,838 battles
3 minutes ago, OttoVonPrien said:

you guys have a lot ore willpower than little old me, that or you have a very tight focus on what you pay and not much else interests you ,

Me I am a foolish moron with 352 ships,

If I did not complain and point out things, WG would be in love with me

I don't think it is a matter of willpower as opposed to just having bought so much stuff in this game, that i can rarely find anything that I'm willing to spend money or doubloons on.

This seems to be the same for most of the people I've talked to that have lots of doubloons just sitting in their account.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
506
[GGWP]
Beta Testers
1,661 posts
8,800 battles
25 minutes ago, OttoVonPrien said:

no the ones I am talking about are premium, it would be so much worse it what you thought was true.

Ahh ok I just checked and they are the same containers. You're right, the ones in the armory are the same cost but you get 3 less containers. Lol

I bought 12 in the armory yesterday and got the Tier 4 and Tier 6 ships. Wish I had paid more attention.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
61
[TNG-2]
Members
203 posts
14,166 battles

As a random aside to this line of thinking.  Every year for anniversary of account plus I think one more time a year, wargaming gives my account a 30% discount on ANYTHING not "discounted" in the shop... so I ALWAYS buy the largest bundle of doubloons available... if I then spend those 30% off of 30,000 or 25,000 doubloons on something in the shop... you get the idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
506
[GGWP]
Beta Testers
1,661 posts
8,800 battles
31 minutes ago, RogueShadow said:

Just adding this to counter your argument about players having Gold sitting in their account.

Just because you didn't and some people you talked too didn't either; doesn't mean it isn't true.....

I personally just had over 18,000 doubloons sitting in my account for over 9 months and a clan mate of mine had over 40,000 doubloons just sitting on his account for over a year and half before.  I know that myself and several people I know have many times ended up having lots of doubloons, average around 25,000 of them, sitting on their account for very long times - +1 year, so there is a good chance there is lots more people that have the same situation as me and my friends.

I have no opinion on your OP about the price difference, I have never checked it out or noticed it.  But if it is the case, I don't doubt you, I don't agree with them doing it and look forward to seeing what Hapa finds out for us.

For a while there, after Christmas a few years back, I had something like 85K doubloons. lmbo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
364
[KMS]
Beta Testers
291 posts
16,699 battles
2 minutes ago, RogueShadow said:

I don't think it is a matter of willpower as opposed to just having bought so much stuff in this game, that i can rarely find anything that I'm willing to spend money or doubloons on.

This seems to be the same for most of the people I've talked to that have lots of doubloons just sitting in their account.

I collect ships, (too old to collect women) (got the hemi challenger in the drive) (meat in the freeze, beer in the fridge, single malt Scotch in the glass)

so I play this game in my easy chair feet up with pillow, amazon prime movie on pause on the 52" 6' away, food nd drinks on the side table,

a very laidback game style,  unlike some friends who are very competitive and intense about this game.

one thing nice about this game it has different modes,  

me I like love late night coops where I can get solo or just  few "humans" on my team,  something about being chase by 5 red bots while you pick them off running for you life and winning when you were last man against 5 or 6, ...LOL or course play clan battle for the clan...

big into Naval battles, and you need a variety for that, (clans no 1 on NA server, no 7 in world this week)

but that's my thing,  

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×