You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
shadowsrmine

Funny To Think Some Super Cruisers

17 comments in this topic

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,083 posts

:cap_cool:Have more range than most BB's🤷‍♂️ Yoshino  shooting out past 23-25 klm's  and yes I know part of that was the spotting aircraft but still.....................................................

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
1 hour ago, shadowsrmine said:

:cap_cool:Have more range than most BB's🤷‍♂️ Yoshino  shooting out past 23-25 klm's  and yes I know part of that was the spotting aircraft but still.....................................................

Lol yeah that is one of my favorite things about my Yoshi.

But you have to remember calling then Cruisers is sort of a mistake as the term Large Cruiser or Super Cruiser was reworded method of reviving the idea of building and using Battlecruisers. So if you think of them in terms of Battlecruisers their gun range seems more reasonable as BCs were meant to compare favorably to a BB, but not quite as heavy or powerful as one. Although BCs could often be faster  than BBs. 12 inch caliber guns of these ships are BB caliber guns after all. 

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,083 posts
3 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

But you have to remember calling then Cruisers is sort of a mistake as the term Large Cruiser or Super Cruiser was reworded method of reviving the idea of building and using Battlecruisers. So if you think of them in terms of Battlecruisers their gun range seems more reasonable as BCs were meant to compare favorably to a BB, but not quite as heavy or powerful as one. Although BCs could often be faster  than BBs. 12 inch caliber guns of these ships are BB caliber guns after all. 

:cap_cool:Did call them "Funny To Think Some Super Cruisers":cap_look:

Edited by shadowsrmine
  • Cool 2

[MOOW]
[MOOW]
Members
624 posts
23,388 battles

What the hell is a super cruiser...you got heavy light and battlecruisers....also older armored scout protected cruisers.

Edited by Grapefruitcannon
  • Funny 1

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
39 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

:cap_cool:Did call them "Funny To Think Some Super Cruisers":cap_look:

Very true, and also goes to show just how crazy the “Large Cruiser” proposals were. In order to be granted funding they had to be labeled as such in the time they were being designed and built as the general population knew that BCs had been phased out in the past. So getting funding for new and improved versions to meet requirements at the time was a little tricky.

But you have to wonder what the people who denied funding for new Battlecruisers, but were willing to instead grant funding for “Super Cruisers” would have thought if they went to see these ships. I mean you would think they would have but two and two together and realized these were Battlecruisers? But then again they did not have the internet back then, so unless they had access to a lot of info for what ever reason then maybe they would not have realized that the New Super Cruisers were in fact Battlecruisers... :cap_yes:

• Cool 2

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
42 minutes ago, Grapefruitcannon said:

What the hell is a super cruiser...you got heavy light and battlecruisers....also older armored scout protected cruisers.

Super Cruisers was just a label they made up to get funding to build new Battlecruisers when Battlecruisers were seen as obsolete and no funding would be granted for BCs. Funny how just calling something a new name can trick people so easily lol.

• Cool 1

[MOOW]
[MOOW]
Members
624 posts
23,388 battles
10 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Super Cruisers was just a label they made up to get funding to build new Battlecruisers when Battlecruisers were seen as obsolete and no funding would be granted for BCs. Funny how just calling something a new name can trick people so easily lol.

I know..i was just being an [edited]...

• Funny 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,083 posts
8 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

:cap_cool:Yup some people are just triggered easily and or are just cluelessgiphy.gif

• Funny 1

[MOOW]
[MOOW]
Members
624 posts
23,388 battles
3 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

:cap_cool:Yup some people are just triggered easily and or are just cluelessgiphy.gif

Begins too whistle.......i get triggered sometimes...ill go sit in a corner now..

• Funny 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,083 posts
14 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

:cap_cool:As I understand it Battle Cruisers came out a lot earlier,And the later versions we see in game now  IE  Alaska,Azuma,Yoshino,Agir,Siegfried  and truth be known Jean Bart are WG/Leska padding the margin with paper ships

• Thanks 1

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
39 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

:cap_cool:As I understand it Battle Cruisers came out a lot earlier,And the later versions we see in game now  IE  Alaska,Azuma,Yoshino,Agir,Siegfried  and truth be known Jean Bart are WG/Leska padding the margin with paper ships

And let’s not forget Stalingrad Class, which were actually built and served in Cold War.

Edited by Admiral_Thrawn_1
  • Thanks 1

[LEGIO]
Members
3,449 posts
7,714 battles

Alaska and Guam were the only ships of this type to enter service. None of the Stalingrads were completed.

[CVA16]
Members
5,392 posts
16,221 battles
4 hours ago, Lampshade_M1A2 said:

Alaska and Guam were the only ships of this type to enter service. None of the Stalingrads were completed.

The Alaskas were quickly mothballed but I think it took the death of Stalin to end the Stalingrads.

[JFSOC]
[JFSOC]
Members
1,530 posts
4,599 battles
On 7/9/2020 at 5:05 AM, shadowsrmine said:

Only in the game....  Reality is a whole 'nuther thing.

Members
1 post
On 7/9/2020 at 8:23 PM, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

But you have to remember calling then Cruisers is sort of a mistake as the term Large Cruiser or Super Cruiser was rewordedword unscrambler method of reviving the idea of building and using Battlecruisers. So if you think of them in terms of Battlecruisers their gun range seems more reasonable as BCs were meant to compare favorably to a BB, but not quite as heavy or powerful as one. Although BCs could often be faster  than BBs. 12 inch caliber guns of these ships are BB caliber guns after all. 

i agree,  I think it took the death of Stalin to end the Stalingrads.

Edited by yang_mina

Beta Testers
10,827 posts

That's because Stalin thought it was a great idea, and everyone else around him thought it was a bad idea.