Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
The_Big_Red_1

karma rework/exploit/abuse

10 comments in this topic

[PNGYN]
Alpha Tester
1,521 posts
3,474 battles

apparently i found out a few days ago i was banned in the in-game chat until September due to "insults, harassment or abuse" for something i didn't even do. now i have learned in all my experience in playing with other people is to NOT SAY A SINGLE WORD in the in-game chat and whenever i do it is team communication related. now since i play carriers a lot i suspect A LOT of salty "casual dumb" surface potato players down vote my karma via using the "misbehavior in chat" option whenever i sink their ships or my team wins which probably gave WG the impression that i am an evil little skunk (which i am not). nothing makes me more frustrated when i am unable to properly warn my team mates of impending dangers sneaking up on them or ask questions on where i am needed most.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[WORX]
Members
10,712 posts
18,582 battles
4 minutes ago, The_Big_Red_1 said:

i was banned in the in-game chat until September due to "insults, harassment or abuse" for something i didn't even do.

If you think this ^^^^is true (I dont but Prove me wrong), you can send an inquiry to CS... They will in turn inform you the offending language that cause your sanction.

• Cool 1

[PNGYN]
Alpha Tester
1,521 posts
3,474 battles
10 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

If you think this ^^^^is true (I dont but Prove me wrong), you can send an inquiry to CS... They will in turn inform you the offending language that cause your sanction.

look you know you and i know me. and I KNOW that I did NOTHING to anger these players aside from the fact that i beat them fair and square be it a battleship, cruiser or even a "noisy cricket" destroyer. when i get my butt kicked i don't down vote karma abuse/exploit the better players than me. i ask myself what did i do wrong and how do i improve on my strats/get good?

• Boring 1

[WORX]
Members
10,712 posts
18,582 battles
26 minutes ago, The_Big_Red_1 said:

look you know you and i know me. and I KNOW that I did NOTHING to anger these players aside from the fact that i beat them fair and square be it a battleship, cruiser or even a "noisy cricket" destroyer. when i get my butt kicked i don't down vote karma abuse/exploit the better players than me. i ask myself what did i do wrong and how do i improve on my strats/get good?

I dont have access to your chat log... If you want to profess your case of innocents, You should send a ticket to CS...

Now, in the court of public opinion... Its usually the guilty are the ones who sing innocents outside the court, knowing full well they're proven guilty inside..

So, if  you want to experience waiving your right to a fair trail and having your case go to arbitration. Send a ticket up to CS.

A 3 month ban is not because of abuse of the reporting system (which if caught is a perma ban as a senction). You were reported to the magistrate, the magistrate in turn gave you the correct sanction for the offense reported...

WG runs an arbitrary system... If this was a fair trail situation,

• You got rights
  • You got a trail by jury or judge
  • You have the right to view the offense and the evidence sustaining your conviction.
  • Anything else that comes with it.

GL.

BTW

I am about as salty as well and I've never been chat banned... I plead the 5th to prevent any further incrimination.

HF

Edited by Navalpride33

[PNGYN]
Alpha Tester
1,521 posts
3,474 battles
2 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

I dont have access to your chat log... If you want to profess your case of innocents, You should send a ticket to CS...

Now, in the court of public opinion... Its usually the guilty are the ones who sing innocents outside the court, knowing full well they're proven guilty inside..

So, if  you want to experience waiving your right to a fair trail and having your case go to arbitration. Send a ticket up to CS.

A 3 month ban is not because of abuse of the reporting system (which if caught is a perma ban as a senction). You were reported to the magistrate, the magistrate in turn gave you the correct sanction for the offense reported...

GL.

BTW

I am about as salty as well and I've never been chat banned... I plead the 5th to prevent any further incrimination.

HF

duly noted

[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,239 battles

That isn't the kind of punishment automation gets you. That's the sort of thing that someone has to screenshot and send to WG, then WG goes "Goodness, that monster!" and slaps a big red button with a hammer on it.

[PNGYN]
Alpha Tester
1,521 posts
3,474 battles
8 minutes ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

That isn't the kind of punishment automation gets you. That's the sort of thing that someone has to screenshot and send to WG, then WG goes "Goodness, that monster!" and slaps a big red button with a hammer on it.

whatever it was my gut feeling say it was "accidental" because most of the time i keep my mouth shut unless i have to.

Members
2,986 posts
36,778 battles

This is why I never enable voice in chat. I am sure I would get in a heap of poo for things I say.

Also, as a casual CV player, I do get the insults after a hella good drop. I am even now falsely characterized by a plethora of adjectives I can't even mention here or in twit there.

If game karma system has a real world analogy, then it's social media or even some streaming services 😏.

If the criminal justice system applied to any of it, I could in fact rebuttal chat complaints, social media slander, and any other information that was manipulated to entertain the illusion of a false narrative.

But I am a good guy and bad words, though they be hurtful in their betrayal, or sad commentary by cruiser captains are just...words. I could fire back, but choose not to.

Always take the high road Big Red One. I know the game has quite a few Colonel Sanders, and a few deepwater jolly rogers, but at the end of the day, it's them that is bad for abusing power, the karma system, and tarmishing the spirit of the game.

Blow steam in co-op if you have to. Don't respond to any of the slings and arrows. They hate CVs, but still want a win from you, then they are not worthy of your company.

Appreciate what you got is my Creed.

If you get chat banned unjustly, then do as others suggest. Send in a ticket.

Don't sweat it if you do get banned. You probably erred in your words, but at least your passion for winning can not be held in doubt.

If such players keep doing it, it's only inevitable that the truth comes out in WG's investigation. Especially if it's the same players over and over again.

And if anyone characterizes you as a monster, then they should know you can't Kill a monster without becoming one yourself.

"When a man tells a lie, he murders some part of the world." Merlin

[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
105 posts
3 hours ago, The_Big_Red_1 said:

[SLDS]
Members
61 posts
6,507 battles

A ban till September?! I don’t think that’s from people getting salty and hitting the report button, those are normally much shorter, and I don’t even know if they can get that big (and if they can it would only be after a lot of preceding chat bans since that’s what escalates the length of the automated ones). This is almost definitely a WG customer support employee getting a ticket sent to them, looked at the chat and banned you. Remember people don’t always send in a ticket the day they get upset, and customer support may not handle the ticket the second they get it, so it could be from something days before you actually got the ban. Just giving you information, not saying you deserved it as I don’t know what was or wasn’t said.

Sign in to follow this