Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Systemlord_1

Clarification regarding research points?

6 comments in this topic

Members
68 posts
4,531 battles

I reset the French Battleships line because well I found battleships to be incredibly boring and not very intense in your face shell gluttony (primarily a DD player), but a slow paced, slow rate of fire that I can't tolerate. My understanding was I research a new ship line after resetting the tech tree and win 1, (that's 1 as in one) battle and I get my 10k research point.

Or do I have to win in all of the ships with the research symbols to get my 10k research points?

Edited by Systemlord_1

[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,339 posts
12,347 battles

Have to have a win in each with the symbol. Just go into COOP and win a battle in each. The marked tiers pay different amounts of RP adding up to a total of 10k.

[TBW]
Members
10,278 posts
17,459 battles
21 minutes ago, Systemlord_1 said:

Or do I have to win in all of the ships with the research symbols to get my 10k research points?

Yes, and if it's the first line reset of the season you get a bonus 10k. The points are graduated, meaning you get more for the tier 10 than the tier 6.

[SLDS]
Members
60 posts
6,452 battles

You have to win in the ships with the symbols, aka the line you reset. You don’t reset a line a go to a new line, you replay the reset line, and the points only come in parts from the T6 up as I recall. Key thing is to reset a line you LIKE playing, not a line you “can’t tolerate.” You could free xp through each one after a coop win to avoid playing them much, but otherwise you will just have to grind away or give up.

[STK]
Members
64 posts
6,606 battles

Will it be a huge credit loss by doing this? It seems I have to buy every ship with research points, play one battle and sell it at half price. From T6 to TX that is going to be like 10 million credit loss.

[OIL-1]
Members
1,267 posts
7 minutes ago, Judadiao said:

Will it be a huge credit loss by doing this? It seems I have to buy every ship with research points, play one battle and sell it at half price. From T6 to TX that is going to be like 10 million credit loss.

Yep. The whole idea behind it is to be a huge credit and fxp or special flags sink for players who have accumulated too much and have nothing to spend it on.

Sign in to follow this