Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
guns_at_last_light

Nation-specific event missions: not the best idea

9 comments in this topic

Members
745 posts

I'm not a fan of nation-specific missions.

Earlier this evening I had a Bismarck teammate announce that he wasn't bothering with camo or flags because he doesn't care about German ships, then yolo into the middle of the map to rack up potential damage en route to becoming first blood. 

I know that WG is trying to make this CV launch a German affair, but they can make Randoms less enjoyable. It's already dicey enough in Randoms when it comes to MM, and to entice players to sail out in ships that they just repurchased, using untrained or brand new captains, no camo or modules, and generally yolo-ing to certain death in order to complete mission objectives sucks.

Most WG events aren't nation-specific, and thankfully this is a short-term event, but WG should know its player base well enough that people will be jerks and not care what happens to the rest of their team.

Won't someone think of the children?

Helen Lovejoy | Simpsons Wiki | Fandom

Edited by guns_at_last_light
  • Thanks 1

[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,344 posts
12,376 battles

I don't see a problem with it and the Bis would have farmed more potential had he just played normal and lived longer. Not a good example to use.

Members
745 posts
20 minutes ago, Fodder4U said:

I don't see a problem with it and the Bis would have farmed more potential had he just played normal and lived longer. Not a good example to use.

A smart player would have farmed more potential damage by playing smart, but the point of the example is that the event can encourage people to not care what happens. He probably sailed a different German ship out immediately after dying. It's a pretty spot on example.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
860 posts

If they wanted to entice people  to play German carriers, this was a dumb way to do it.  I agree with the OP.  I hope they see the error of their ways and this will be the last nation-specific missions.

[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts
40 minutes ago, guns_at_last_light said:

I'm not a fan of nation-specific missions.

Earlier this evening I had a Bismarck teammate announce that he wasn't bothering with camo or flags because he doesn't care about German ships, then yolo into the middle of the map to rack up potential damage en route to becoming first blood. 

I know that WG is trying to make this CV launch a German affair, but they can make Randoms less enjoyable. It's already dicey enough in Randoms when it comes to MM, and to entice players to sail out in ships that they just repurchased, using untrained or brand new captains, no camo or modules, and generally yolo-ing to certain death in order to complete mission objectives sucks.

Most WG events are nation-specific, and thankfully this is a short-term event, but WG should know its player base well enough that people will be jerks and not care what happens to the rest of their team.

Won't someone think of the children?

I think missions will always make people act irrationally. Anyone remember what players were like during the month of Mikasa kill missions? As @Fodder4U pointed out, charging in and yolo-ing is not the best way to farm potential damage. (This is a good example though if he said he was doing this for the mission.)

1 minute ago, Captain_Rawhide said:

If they wanted to entice people  to play German carriers, this was a dumb way to do it.  I agree with the OP.  I hope they see the error of their ways and this will be the last nation-specific missions.

Haven't seen a bunch of missions be this nation-specific in some time. Was actually surprised.

[TBW]
Members
10,283 posts
17,482 battles

They don't want the missions to overlap too much anymore. Grind grind grind.

[USCC2]
Members
6,060 posts

A particular nation or ship type not going down well with the community - want to sell new ships you have released:

Then adapt the missions to fit your objectives; then you can always say 'but look, the stats show everything is ok!' :Smile_teethhappy:

[ARGSY]
Members
20,068 posts
14,307 battles

You can't stop people from being mindless idiots. The best place to farm potential damage without shafting your team-mates is and always has been co-op. 

[OIL-1]
Members
1,281 posts

It's not just nation specific, it's also class specific.
The whole thing is an industry wide trend to retaliate against players like me.
I would carefully select a ship and battle mode, so that I could grind on 4 separate missions in 1 battle.
They don't like that.
If you look at the current missions, it is very difficult to stack anything. Forces you to grind longer.

It's been in the mainstream news. Here's a recent video:

• Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this