You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Happy668

Will there be any free reset in near future?

12 comments in this topic

Members
4,333 posts
11,177 battles

The main source of respecs used to be CBs, but now that carriers are in there, WG officially feels respecs are no longer needed. There may be a free respec period later this year, but most likely we won’t get one until subs fully release (assuming there’s a commander skill tree rework to accompany a new class). 

[WOLF2]
Members
314 posts
18,061 battles
5 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

The main source of respecs used to be CBs, but now that carriers are in there, WG officially feels respecs are no longer needed. There may be a free respec period later this year, but most likely we won’t get one until subs fully release (assuming there’s a commander skill tree rework to accompany a new class). 

Submarines you mean ? lol 

[NKOTD]
Members
1,035 posts
9,697 battles
28 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

They said that since CVs were now both in CB and Random, your random build would work for CB too and hence no free respec.  I found the opposite to be true as in CB it became worth it to spec AA skills (such as they are) since you can guarantee you will be attacked in a Clan Battle.  In random, it happens much much less often, so for me it's not worth doing pure AA builds.

I would expect the same incorrect logic to be recycled for this CB season.

Edited by YouSatInGum

Members
4,333 posts
11,177 battles
14 minutes ago, YouSatInGum said:

I would expect the same incorrect logic to be recycled for this CB season.

Oh, I’d almost guarantee it. Of course, WG could surprise us all, but seeing what WG has some over the past 6-12 months I doubt that will happen. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,009 posts
22,560 battles

BTW, one thing to remember when it comes to free captain resets is to reset everyone when it costs nothing. If you are like most players and have hundreds of ships, you probably don't play all of them. Keep skills assigned only for those ships you are actively using (or grinding) and just leave everyone else as they are. Same goes for free equipment demounting. Leave that stuff only on ships you are using. I have several hundred ships and only a couple have captains with skills assigned and equipment mounted. Now some of you are thinking "But what about the yearly play for steel/coal event?". Well just play the ships with no equipment or captain skills in co-op to farm your reward and move on with your life. You don't need either one to get a win in PvE. 

• Cool 2

[90THI]
Members
101 posts
8,398 battles

Yet another money grab to further fatigue the player base.  It totally ruined an aspect of the game to look forward too in changing skipper builds. 

Shameless WG no other way of looking at it, it is an insult those who really enjoyed the game for this as an example of a simple pleasure among many.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[WOLF3]
Members
26,963 posts
23,767 battles

We were getting those free respec periods because we also had a bunch of big game changes, things like the continued AA tweaks in 2019, the IFHE / Armor update from not long ago.  Unless some massive, game sweeping mechanic changes come, don't expect free respec handouts for normal play.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[REVY]
Members
2,272 posts
12,190 battles
2 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

We were getting those free respec periods because we also had a bunch of big game changes, things like the continued AA tweaks in 2019, the IFHE / Armor update from not long ago.  Unless some massive, game sweeping mechanic changes come, don't expect free respec handouts for normal play.

^^ this

If they change anything in regards to the captain skills, they will likely offer the reset. Otherwise the likely-hood of a free reset is slim to none.

[TIAR]
[TIAR]
Beta Testers
1,236 posts
19,460 battles

There used to be a free respect in CB after you played 1 CB battle.

Sounds reasonable.

As for the "randoms build should be the same than CB" is absolute crap. The ship & captain build for a 12 v 12 with random CV in the teams is completely different of a 7 v 7 with guaranteed or not CVs. The appearance or not of CVs in the different stages of CB, imposes strategic changes to the ship/captain build.

Feels WG is being cheap in the competitive area

Edited by barbaroja_Ar
typo

[NKOTD]
Members
1,035 posts
9,697 battles
1 hour ago, barbaroja_Ar said:

There used to be a free respect in CB after you played 1 CB battle.

Sounds reasonable.

As for the "randoms build should be the same than CB" is absolute crap. The ship & captain build for a 12 v 12 with random CV in the teams is completely different of a 7 v 7 with guaranteed or not CVs. The appearance or not of CVs in the different stages of CB, imposes strategic changes to the ship/captain build.

For me that was a fact.  After the first couple of nights of CBs the meta was starting to take shape, and I found myself wanting to increase AA specs is basically all ships.  I bit the bullet and respec'd on several ships.

[TDRB]
Members
5,116 posts
13,727 battles
4 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

This ^^^^^^

I would think this question will appear again. For some of the 2019 class of players commander respecs were rather frequent.