You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DQCraze

Game has fundamentally changed

12 comments in this topic

[WB]
Members
153 posts
13,160 battles

You either have 8 ships running to the same cap or you have people that sit behind rocks all day.  I have multiple screenshots with 7-8 ships behind one island.  Everyone is hiding and avoiding combat.  So im just yoloing in everygame and moving on to the next game to spare myself the misery of watching everyone slow die.   On the other side 5 ships are dead within the first 5 min and its downhill from there.  literally had a ship die at 17:49 into the game,  whats the point anymore, its not fun or exciting when you can see the outcome of the game 2 min into the match.

• Cool 5
  • Meh 1

[E-GO]
Members
207 posts
7,120 battles

It sounds like burn-out to me.

Honestly, when I get in this state of mind, I just take a break from WoWS. Could be anywhere from a day to a few months. 

• Cool 1

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,134 posts
4,985 battles
6 minutes ago, DQCraze said:

Whats the point anymore, its not fun or exciting

There is 3 solutions. You can either take a break/hiatus, find another game, or find something else to do. Be a co-op main for a bit, or join a clan and invest solid time into strats, comps, and battles. 

There is workarounds. MMOs get monotonous, you either gotta take a break or find something refreshing to do.

Best of luck!:Smile_honoring:

[FGNE]
Members
960 posts
4,568 battles

Take into account the "covid effect" a lot of the casuals are at home playing, basically it's a big weekend.

[WORX]
Members
10,626 posts
18,519 battles

Power creep era of WOWS...

Taking the "fun" out of the game, one overpowered WG product at a time...

[META_]
Members
1,224 posts
16,044 battles
37 minutes ago, DQCraze said:

You either have 8 ships running to the same cap or you have people that sit behind rocks all day.  I have multiple screenshots with 7-8 ships behind one island.  Everyone is hiding and avoiding combat.  So im just yoloing in everygame and moving on to the next game to spare myself the misery of watching everyone slow die.   On the other side 5 ships are dead within the first 5 min and its downhill from there.  literally had a ship die at 17:49 into the game,  whats the point anymore, its not fun or exciting when you can see the outcome of the game 2 min into the match.

Sometimes what you're saying is true but mostly this happens  at higher tiers... If you love the brawling run and gun style play low to mid tiers, your yoloing isn't helping anyone... Mid tiers love that style. Hope you find a way to enjoy your time in the game again 

[NFJF]
Members
653 posts
9,874 battles
1 hour ago, DQCraze said:

Sounds like you need to take a break. I got Modern Warfare about a month ago and I always run to Warzone whenever I'm not feeling ships. Its always good to have more than just one game to play. WOWS is my highest priority game for sure, but its nice to take a break once or twice a week.

[SYN]
Members
15,860 posts
12,803 battles
2 hours ago, DQCraze said:

You either have 8 ships running to the same cap or you have people that sit behind rocks all day.  I have multiple screenshots with 7-8 ships behind one island.

That sounds like how the game was played for 2 years now.

[WB]
Members
153 posts
13,160 battles

I appreciate all the advice, I did take a break, yall were right.  

[RAN]
[RAN]
Members
626 posts
On 7/9/2020 at 10:02 AM, DQCraze said:

Actually I have to agree with this sentiment.  Ive even seen Battleships now clumping up and hiding behind islands either 1. waiting for the dust to settle . 2 grouping together for mutual AA protection 3. just hiding so they can come out on full health and clean up kills.  Unfortunately this is generally done at the expense of the Destroyers and some cruisers that get killed.  Battleships dont have to and usually dont push the cap to support smaller ships even though they have the most armor and heals.

Comments like "You should take a break for a while and come back"  are pretty stupid because hes only reporting what hes seeing and ive seen it to, and it doesnt acknowledge the game play because its more an acknowledgement of the power creep going on.  Over powered cruisers,  more cruisers with smoke, radar to 12k , DD with level 56 AA when normally not above 30, Battleships that are over armored compared to its same tier or over gunned (guns bigger than yamato) , or making new battleships designed to operate as snipers and carriers like tanky heavy cruisers and not team players.  These are things we all have come across and sure its good to have certain perks on certain ships but the real question that should be asked is how does it create level game play without being OP and forcing  battleships to hide behind mountains where cruisers normally dwell.

[WOLFG]
Members
28,966 posts
8,218 battles
On 7/8/2020 at 8:02 PM, DQCraze said:

So im just yoloing in everygame and moving on to the next game to spare myself the misery of watching everyone slow die.  

That sounds like fun lol.

What's the point of playing if you're going to do that? To progress? You're playing Port, not WoWS.