Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
muricaFKyea

So what's going on with operation xp

29 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

38
[WOLF9]
Members
10 posts
6,575 battles

I fought til the end of the operation and pretty much carried the team yet I get less base xp than the DD player who got torped and blew up 3 minutes into the OP (this was Aegis btw).

Is this some kind of sick joke? Because right now I can charge the bots in my ships, die in the first few minutes and still get a hefty amount of xp doing nothing and letting my team do the rest for 10-15 mins. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,755 posts
23,311 battles
1 hour ago, muricaFKyea said:

I fought til the end of the operation and pretty much carried the team yet I get less base xp than the DD player who got torped and blew up 3 minutes into the OP (this was Aegis btw).

Is this some kind of sick joke? Because right now I can charge the bots in my ships, die in the first few minutes and still get a hefty amount of xp doing nothing and letting my team do the rest for 10-15 mins. 

 

This is highly unlikely unless the DD heavily damaged multiple ships.

Please post the replay to support your conspiracy theory.

  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,189
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,176 posts
9,512 battles
2 hours ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

This is highly unlikely unless the DD heavily damaged multiple ships.

Please post the replay to support your conspiracy theory.

Something is definitely fishy and broken in terms of rewards given

 

1st example from a player in the Hoperations discord

Major_Contributor.jpg

With_awards_highlighted.jpg

 

2nd example

unknown.png

unknown.png

 

The consensus is that group of ships are no longer giving out any xp or credit awards (the 2nd wave of enemy ships that spawns from the north)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38
[WOLF9]
Members
10 posts
6,575 battles
2 hours ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

This is highly unlikely unless the DD heavily damaged multiple ships.

Please post the replay to support your conspiracy theory. [emphasis added]

:Smile_facepalm: bruh

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3 posts
14,494 battles
1 hour ago, Vader_Sama said:

Something is definitely fishy and broken in terms of rewards given

 

1st example from a player in the Hoperations discord

Major_Contributor.jpg

With_awards_highlighted.jpg

 

2nd example

unknown.png

unknown.png

 

The consensus is that group of ships are no longer giving out any xp or credit awards (the 2nd wave of enemy ships that spawns from the north)

 

Same here. Is the XP no longer awarded based on the percentage of HP from some bots?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
92
Members
109 posts
11,883 battles

Played a 200k, 29 cit, 6 kill Aegis in a Leander and ended up second last.

Baffled. Then tried again with the Pensa, even worse.

Usually anything over 200k would be at least 1k bxp.

Something is wrong somewhere.

shot-20.07.09_17.35.19-0044.jpg

shot-20.07.09_17.35.24-0645.jpg

Thanks for looking into the Narai rotation, @Hapa_Fodder, could you also please have a look into this? Much appreciated!

Edited by KT09

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
590 posts
4,148 battles

Maybe someone inverted the rewards table?  Has anyone noticed anything similar in Coop?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,020
[ARGSY]
Members
20,110 posts
14,317 battles
13 minutes ago, HayabusaZ said:

Has anyone noticed anything similar in Coop?

Not that I noticed. People who kill everything while capping all the bases still seem to be coming home with all the rewards.

That being said, Co-op was a s**tshow last night, with people playing unbelievably stupidly. My Harekaze got nudged aside and team-shot more times than I could count, people were charging in front of me to block my shots... godawful. 

Hopefully this was people rushing to get CV directive #1 out of the way in a hurry and won't be an ongoing thing. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18
[WOLF6]
Members
32 posts

Seems like that the more you do in the op the less you get as far as xp. I've had multiple games where I've killed 5-7 ships with 170k+ dmg and I'm at the bottom of the xp earned list. Meanwhile people who are doing very little in the game are getting the most xp. This is extremely frustrating!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,627
[WOLF3]
Members
27,058 posts
23,842 battles
On 7/8/2020 at 8:05 PM, Vader_Sama said:

Something is definitely fishy and broken in terms of rewards given

 

1st example from a player in the Hoperations discord

Major_Contributor.jpg

With_awards_highlighted.jpg

 

2nd example

unknown.png

unknown.png

 

The consensus is that group of ships are no longer giving out any xp or credit awards (the 2nd wave of enemy ships that spawns from the north)

 

Bruh... For the much higher time investment of Operations, those rewards suck.  Those are good Operations performance stats.  But the BaseXP foundation and the rewards just suck a**.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,189
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,176 posts
9,512 battles
29 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Bruh... For the much higher time investment of Operations, those rewards suck.  Those are good Operations performance stats.  But the BaseXP foundation and the rewards just suck a**.

Even the credit earnings are horrendous for the amount of damage done

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,627
[WOLF3]
Members
27,058 posts
23,842 battles
57 minutes ago, Vader_Sama said:

Even the credit earnings are horrendous for the amount of damage done

It's a lot of horse**** and this better not be intentional by WG.  Operations last as long as a prolonged Random Battle.  Compare those rewards to what I got with my stupid little GK in a Co-op game just now.  Nothing spectacular.  This is with basic Economic Signal Flags, minus India Bravo Terrathree (servicing cost reduction).

7SF6OIj.jpgMk5e9bU.jpgiBWTde5.jpgWttLRov.jpg

 

An 8 minute, Co-op game with above average BaseXP for that mode of play, pays out just as much as a long Operation.

 

I know it's been many months since I was hanging out in Hoperations with you guys, but I'm pretty annoyed to see those Ops rewards so low for the time investment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,189
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,176 posts
9,512 battles

This was a 4 star win, bottom of team, but take a close look at the xp distribution.

shot-20_07.10_22_18.27-0868.thumb.jpg.5baf2959041e92466077919c562b908c.jpg

shot-20_07.10_22_18.35-0257.thumb.jpg.5de578e2ad4d9c8f82ed4722eda088d1.jpg

shot-20_07.10_22_18.40-0844.thumb.jpg.87872edc93d0d8798d336838f3a066b2.jpg

shot-20_07.10_22_18.44-0868.thumb.jpg.801fc90fe1c987ec4aa63f24cefea738.jpg

 

All I did was speed boost into the first wave, torp one cruiser and die all in just 2 minutes.

My reward? Almost the same as everyone else that did their best to win a 4 star game

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
595 posts
15,623 battles

It almost seems like WG does not want folks playing ops.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,105
[TDRB]
Members
5,140 posts
13,741 battles
1 hour ago, ol_Cajun said:

It almost seems like WG does not want folks playing ops.

yes, it does

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
622
[O_O]
Members
673 posts

Glad everyone is finally starting to notice that WG hates PvE.  I guess removing 5 operations because WG was too lazy to upgrade them wasn't a big enough clue?

  • Cool 3
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
426
[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
457 posts
20,246 battles

I wish I had noticed this post earlier.  I've been going nuts after having good battles and finishing low on the team score screen.  And the close distribution of base xp is annoying as well.  Hopefully WG will fix it soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
622
[O_O]
Members
673 posts
43 minutes ago, Joe_918145 said:

I wish I had noticed this post earlier.  I've been going nuts after having good battles and finishing low on the team score screen.  And the close distribution of base xp is annoying as well.  Hopefully WG will fix it soon.

Fix?  This is intentional.  

First they targeted the Narai spam divisions.

Now they are coming after the solo players who carry Operations for huge gains.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,654
[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,735 posts

@Hapa_Fodder

I don't know if WG actually hates Ops or wants to get rid of them.  Wouldn't seem to make much sense.  I'd like to think that the problems with post-battle results in other Ops are somehow tied to the reported critical issue with Narai's post-battle results, and just need to be fixed. 

But, these sorts of things are why so many players who love Ops and Co-op honestly conclude that WG does have it in for PVE.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
426
[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
457 posts
20,246 battles

This battle results worked fine.  But I had a similar battle yesterday that did not.  Go Figure.

1648634184_Screenshot(5).thumb.png.5b18d0f68206ed354b772bbaadcf32f9.png

 

627381048_Screenshot(6).thumb.png.50ac795555345d08a18f5959d6d2a0e1.png
 

Of course, I did not pass up a chance to brag a bit.  :Smile_veryhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,189
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,176 posts
9,512 battles
34 minutes ago, Joe_918145 said:

This battle results worked fine.  But I had a similar battle yesterday that did not.  Go Figure.

1648634184_Screenshot(5).thumb.png.5b18d0f68206ed354b772bbaadcf32f9.png

 

627381048_Screenshot(6).thumb.png.50ac795555345d08a18f5959d6d2a0e1.png
 

Of course, I did not pass up a chance to brag a bit.  :Smile_veryhappy:

It seemed like two players were afk the whole game which would then mean they get zero xp for zero contribution which would allow a higher xp distribution.

Had those two players damage even one ship, you would very well see the xp distribution get more spread out disproportionately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
595 posts
15,623 battles
2 hours ago, Joe_918145 said:

  Hopefully WG will fix it soon.

Last time they "fixed it", we lost several ops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,654
[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,735 posts
10 minutes ago, ol_Cajun said:

Last time they "fixed it", we lost several ops.

Which ops were lost to a fix?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×