You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SeaRaptor

Quick Cut: Tier VIII German Aircraft Carrier August von Parseval

8 comments in this topic

[-K-]
-Members-, WoWS Community Contributors
2,671 posts
12,400 battles

With Update 0.9.6 releasing today, let's check out my very first game in Tier VIII German carrier August von Parseval.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[XXX]
Members
525 posts
948 battles

Not really the most helpful but thanks for posting it! I'll probably wait for Toptier to drop his German CV play, still gave me a look at how they operate.

[-K-]
2,671 posts
12,400 battles

This is literally my first game in the ship, I wasn't expecting amazing things. =)

• Boring 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,082 posts
On 7/8/2020 at 5:54 PM, SeaRaptor said:

With Update 0.9.6 releasing today, let's check out my very first game in Tier VIII German carrier August von Parseval.

38 minutes ago, SeaRaptor said:

This is literally my first game in the ship, I wasn't expecting amazing things. =)

CV  play  VS  other ships         giphy.gif   Either they need to move up n hide behind islands like other ships or their damage is to high  IE  reduce their range or  their damage I don't care which

Edited by shadowsrmine
  • Cool 1

[HOT]
Members
260 posts
6,989 battles
5 hours ago, shadowsrmine said:

CV  play  VS  other ships         giphy.gif   Either they need to move up n hide behind islands like other ships or their damage is to high  IE  reduce their range or  their damage I don't care which

DPM is based on plane travel distance...it takes  like 40 secs for the CV to reach thier target even when they are closer

• Boring 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,082 posts
28 minutes ago, Skyspartan said:

DPM is based on plane travel distance...it takes  like 40 secs for the CV to reach thier target even when they are closer

And? An  Audacious sank my  Hindenburg solo without backup despite anything I do last week in less than three minutes, It used to be while a CV could damage a Hindenburg it would  need help or it  would take all game and yes it's like that more or less with all ships.Used to be that High AA was one of the reasons you chose the USN tech tree it isn't any longer.So I say again either they have to move and take chances like any other ship(No More hiding safely at the spawn point)Or the their damage is nerfed, Time To Choose

Edited by shadowsrmine
  • Cool 1

Members
116 posts
1,464 battles

Good video! The planes look beautiful on these ships. Got the Rhein yesterday and and felt comfortable getting citadels on cruisers but at T4, no cruiser has armor so it's not difficult. I've been using torpedoes more as a anti DD weapon, they really don't do the damage to dent BB's  and even cruisers but the speed makes landing them on DDs easier, or at the very least force the DD to turn and show broadsides to your team. I will say, the planes are fast and as a CV noob it's nice to see planes whizzing around quickly around the battlefield. Hopefully Manfred von Richthofen has some usable secondaries!

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[-K-]
2,671 posts
12,400 battles
On 7/10/2020 at 8:02 AM, LaviKabos said:

Good video! The planes look beautiful on these ships. Got the Rhein yesterday and and felt comfortable getting citadels on cruisers but at T4, no cruiser has armor so it's not difficult. I've been using torpedoes more as a anti DD weapon, they really don't do the damage to dent BB's  and even cruisers but the speed makes landing them on DDs easier, or at the very least force the DD to turn and show broadsides to your team. I will say, the planes are fast and as a CV noob it's nice to see planes whizzing around quickly around the battlefield. Hopefully Manfred von Richthofen has some usable secondaries!

I hadn't tried Rhein until after the patch, and I gotta say: she's horrid.  My very first game in the ship was around ~8-9 minutes long and I did zero damage.  Literally: zero.  My planes were getting shredded by T5 cruiser AA.  Rhein is terrible. 

I think Weser and Parseval (and, presumably, Richtofen) will find niche roles and certain players will adapt to them well, but the lack of tools against all ship types is going to cause most players to leave them on the shelf.