Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
rustydawg

Missing res_mods folder in 9.6.0!!!~Solved

12 comments in this topic

[RSDWG]
Members
513 posts
10,864 battles

Missing the res_mods folder in 9.6.0, so I put in a new one and it does not work!

Anyone else having the problem with no res_Mods folder?

Edit...res_mods is now in \bin\2666186\res_mods 

Big thanks to Klaus_Conqueror!

Edited by rustydawg

[RSDWG]
Members
513 posts
10,864 battles

I found the new res_mods folder in the bin\2666186\res_mods. I'll try to put some my skins in and see if it works.

Thank you,  Klaus_Conqueror I would have never found it.

Best regards,

rustydawg

[RSDWG]
Members
513 posts
10,864 battles

Solved~ Put the new skins in the above mentioned folder and my skins show up. I'm going to try Aslain's mods now and see if that works , I'll post when it's done and if it works.

[RSDWG]
Members
513 posts
10,864 battles

Aslains mods work, they go in the correct folder.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,803 posts
4,606 battles
53 minutes ago, rustydawg said:

Solved~ Put the new skins in the above mentioned folder and my skins show up. I'm going to try Aslain's mods now and see if that works , I'll post when it's done and if it works.

That location will now change with every update.  Good luck guessing the new name.

• Cool 1

[QCN3]
Members
3 posts
353 battles

They erased the Res_mod folder and all of its content when moving it... including the last patchs folders + my backup folder... erasing in the process ALL textures THAT I MADE and hundreds of hours of work (I spend more time modding/drawing instead of gaming, I'm a 3D modeler/artist). Luckily I saved half of my PSD files in an other folder elsewhere, but it still mean that I'll have to redo all Japan - Russian lifeboats, planes, half of my commanders, flags, banners and the flag tree etc. Meaning that I'll have to loose countless hours to fix that crap just to get back what I lost... thanks WGC for make me loose my time. Very disappointed and at this point, I wonder if it's really worth it...

Edited by Taranis1945

[STW-A]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
1,196 posts
15,975 battles
17 hours ago, Taranis1945 said:

They erased the Res_mod folder and all of its content when moving it... including the last patchs folders + my backup folder... erasing in the process ALL textures THAT I MADE and hundreds of hours of work (I spend more time modding/drawing instead of gaming, I'm a 3D modeler/artist). Luckily I saved half of my PSD files in an other folder elsewhere, but it still mean that I'll have to redo all Japan - Russian lifeboats, planes, half of my commanders, flags, banners and the flag tree etc. Meaning that I'll have to loose countless hours to fix that crap just to get back what I lost... thanks WGC for make me loose my time. Very disappointed and at this point, I wonder if it's really worth it...

I would take this opportunity to make redundant backups. :cap_rambo: I know it's not what people want to hear, but even one time of skipping a step with Aslains could have deleted those files too.

[QCN3]
Members
3 posts
353 battles
8 hours ago, SkywhaleExpress said:

I would take this opportunity to make redundant backups. :cap_rambo: I know it's not what people want to hear, but even one time of skipping a step with Aslains could have deleted those files too.

I had a backup file (textures), but in the Res_mod folder,  and only kept some PSDs in a separate folder (as ref). On my other account, I nearly finished the IJN cruiser and destroyer lines, therefore my commanders, flags, flag tree, banners, ships, planes, and misc objects was all customized (I salvaged most of those textures). On this second account (Taranis) I was doing the same with the Russian same (+battleship) lines.... these are the ones that I completely lost (except my customized "tsar" commanders: Alexeï, Nikolaï, Alexander and Ivan Romanov :cap_cool:).  Alone, there's like 30 Russian lifeboats... so I obviously didn't keep all of their PSDs. I thought WG's file structures was stable... it seems not. I won't make the same mistake again. :cap_hmm:

base_0_0 Nikolai.png

Edited by Taranis1945
grammar, missing informations

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
14,602 posts

As I understand it, that folder will be axed every time the game is updated, so don't keep your only copy of anything in there.

If I read the other threads about this correctly... there were so many players who just couldn't get it through their heads that old mods don't always work with the new update, and would inundate customer service with tickets after every patch, that WG finally decided to auto-delete everyone's mods at every update.

File under "this is why we can't have nice things".

Edited by KilljoyCutter

Sign in to follow this