You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

18 comments in this topic

[1984]
Members
3,932 posts
18,961 battles

so why is this updated taking 3 hours to download? i set the wgc to download updates when they are available. and yet on update day the damn thing takes hours to download and install. so what's the point of "download updates in advance"?

its not my computer or my internet so what is wgc doing?

• Haha 1

[FGNE]
Members
907 posts
4,345 battles

May I recommend turning your computer on the night before? (And not to play, updates aren’t downloaded while you play).

[WORX]
Members
9,823 posts
17,782 battles

Maybe its 4 GB to DL...

Maybe your ISP network is congested...

The list of possibilities as to why are endless.

[1984]
Members
3,932 posts
18,961 battles

i've got fibre optic landline as i mentioned, posting its my internet is just being ignorant.

that the stupid thing doesnt download is a helpful information, but again why do i have to come to forum to find this out, it says nothing of the sort in the wgc

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
25,659 posts
13,997 battles
11 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

i've got fibre optic landline as i mentioned, posting its my internet is just being ignorant.

that the stupid thing doesnt download is a helpful information, but again why do i have to come to forum to find this out, it says nothing of the sort in the wgc

You didn't state you had fibre in the OP and the problem could be in between you and WG.

[FGNE]
Members
907 posts
4,345 battles
15 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

Unless your fiber optic connects your house directly with WG’s data center it is only good until you reach one of your ISP’s hub, from there through many hops until you reach the update servers your internet traffic has to compete with everyone else’s.

Edited by CO_Valle

[1984]
Members
3,932 posts
18,961 battles
7 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

You didn't state you had fibre in the OP and the problem could be in between you and WG.

i said it werent me internet

• Haha 1

[1984]
Members
3,932 posts
18,961 battles
4 minutes ago, CO_Valle said:

Unless your fiber optic connects your house directly with WG’s data center it is only good until you reach one of your ISP’s hub, from there through many hops until you reach the update servers your internet traffic has to compete with everyone else’s.

unless their client is in uzbekistan, and even if it is i'm closer than our colleagues who actually live in na, so that still doesnt work out

[WORX]
Members
9,823 posts
17,782 battles
18 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

In WGC check your connection and down load settings...

Check for any other possible bottleneck to slow down your connection like firewall and modem settings...

Like many are telling you, the possibilities are endless.

[DBRIS]
Members
553 posts
10,255 battles
53 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

so why is this updated taking 3 hours to download? i set the wgc to download updates when they are available. and yet on update day the damn thing takes hours to download and install. so what's the point of "download updates in advance"?

It's not your internet, mine is crawling too. Everything BUT that download is screaming along just fine.

[1984]
Members
3,932 posts
18,961 battles
4 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

In WGC check your connection and down load settings...

Check for any other possible bottleneck to slow down your connection like firewall and modem settings...

Like many are telling you, the possibilities are endless.

set to unlimted

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
25,659 posts
13,997 battles
6 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

i said it werent me internet

I said it could be somewhere between you and WG, I doubt your your signal never leaves your providers lines.

[OIL-1]
Members
916 posts

They don't use servers anymore, they use torrents now.

[1984]
Members
3,932 posts
18,961 battles
10 minutes ago, ItsSubmersible said:

It's not your internet, mine is crawling too. Everything BUT that download is screaming along just fine.

exactly this. i've got all manner of things running, downloading, etc, no problems. wg, 3h to download/install. they must have a very unique system for setting up their data transfer.

8 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I said it could be somewhere between you and WG, I doubt your your signal never leaves your providers lines.

• Cool 1

[ABCD3]
Members
448 posts
10,533 battles

Have you checked the download setting in the WGC?  You can set the download to Unlimited.  Also the night before, I leave your computer on for the download and install.   Woke up this morning and it was all done.  

Members
5,134 posts
9,557 battles

Not taking me 3 hrs - so it is likely the connections to the server (they have a finite bandwidth - not unlimited) or it is congestion between.  But I can guarantee it is not taking everyone 3 hours to download.  200 meg down cable while I was downloading Aslain's modpack.  Could be the thread you got from then server was slow - no big deal to stop and try again.  Or a bunch of people were trying to download at roughly the same time.

Less than 10 minutes to download and install.  

Edited by CylonRed

[REVY]
Members
2,130 posts
11,582 battles
17 hours ago, z9_ said:

They don't use servers anymore, they use torrents now.

^^ this

Depending on where you are drawing the parts from could be the reason.

I am not on fiber and the DL and install took about an hour.

[FFLY]
Members
116 posts
18 hours ago, monpetitloup said:

When the status bar shows "downloading" it's also installing. With my fiber and SSD drive it took under 30 minutes.