You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Fatalimpulse

New combat sounds are pretty neat

9 comments in this topic

[MHG]
[MHG]
Members
57 posts
2,540 battles

I really like the new shell impact and ricochet sounds added in 0.9.6, they add a lot of immersion to the game. Combined with the re-addition of the ricochet animations in 0.9.4, it adds a lot to the immersive nature of combating another ship. My only criticisms are that the default impact sound slider is set to max, which is incredibly loud. I can see this might annoy some people who's first instinct might not be to go to the audio settings after a new patch. Besides that, GG Wargaming,  new sounds are cool.

• Cool 1

[DYNO]
Beta Testers
23 posts

I like the new combat sounds too, but my captain sounds very "Tinny" now... like they amped up the radio effect.  Do not like that.

[BNKR]
Members
1,589 posts
2,138 battles

I dig it too. Got into a vicious brawl in Massachusetts and they steady clangs, thuds, and explosions were really immersive. Good stuff. 

[FGNE]
Members
904 posts
4,341 battles

I particularly liked when a CV squadron made a fly by directly above my ship.

[LEGIT]
Members
2,245 posts
30,707 battles
41 minutes ago, gerfupelspat said:

I like the new combat sounds too, but my captain sounds very "Tinny" now... like they amped up the radio effect.  Do not like that.

Yea mine too.  I actually think he's saying different things now but it sounds like a background radio chirp so I've no idea what he's saying.

But the clang! screeeeeech! doink! etc are really cool.

Members
186 posts
1,305 battles

Why can't all gun sounds be Wisconsin gun sounds?

Use headphones for best effect.

[DJC]
Members
27 posts
2,931 battles

I don't know if this part of the new sounds, because I've never noticed it. When in the binoculars view, you can hear faint background voices, either the bridge crew or maybe the gunners communicating. I don't know, maybe I'm hearing things but I never noticed it before :Smile_veryhappy:

Other than that, the new impact sounds are indeed awesome, did some co-op matches in Roma and the consistent ricochets from the belt armor were incredibly satisfying, not to mention the sounds of aircraft squadrons flying overhead.

Overall, I love it when sounds and visual improvements come to the game, as they just increase the immersion. Hopefully, they redo the gun sounds to make them sound like they used to in the CBT days, when even destroyer and cruiser guns were loud as all hell and sounded powerful, same with the secondaries, the current secondary sounds are honestly bland. Hope those get redone eventually.

[O40C]
[O40C]
Beta Testers
878 posts
5,760 battles

I rather like them. Adds a great deal of ambiance to the game for me.