You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JTM78

Why? For the love of god WHY?

31 comments in this topic

[TRFFG]
Members
19 posts
1,045 battles

Why did they change the module tab to the equipment tab?

This lay out sucks and does not provide enough information!

Is there a way to change it back?!

• Cool 3
  • Meh 3

[TBB]
Members
432 posts
3,655 battles

No way to change it back and yeah, they showed ya previews in the news section. 

• Cool 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
14,732 posts

It got lukewarm to negative reviews during PTS. 

I posted a thread here in General almost begging people to get on PTS and comment on the changes. Most of the response I got to that thread was "LOL PTS" and "PTS SUCKS" and "WHO CARES?" 

• Cool 1
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 1

[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,903 posts
8,849 battles
7 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

I posted a thread here in General almost begging people to get on PTS and comment on the changes.

Yes, because WG is famously receptive to feedback, particularly as of late.

The impression I constantly get with them is "if we spent decent amount of manhours writing code for something, we'll shove it into the game, period"

• Cool 1

[SNGNS]
Members
345 posts
5,431 battles

if i may ask, what info has gone missing?

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
14,732 posts
8 minutes ago, TobTorp said:

A lot of the text labels have been removed.  The names of the ships before and after in the tech tree were removed. 

This is on top of a LOT of wasted space, the image of the ship and port being entirely hidden behind the spread out interface, worse icons for the modules, and a massive unnecessary generic icon for the ship itself, with a name and a little "view" thing to look at the ship... but you can't change anything while you're looking at the ship. 

Edited by KilljoyCutter
  • Cool 2

[IJN]
Members
116 posts
1,464 battles
2 minutes ago, TobTorp said:

Biggest issue on my end is in the Port view, you can't see your ship XP anymore. You HAVE to click the equipment tab to see your ship XP which is a rather unusual and probably overlooked change (i hope!)

• Cool 3

[IJN]
Members
116 posts
1,464 battles

To be entirely honest, I would have liked them to just shove the upgrades tab under the consumables tab and call it a day. This is still a rather wonky way to lay out this information but maybe it will become familiar with time.

[SNGNS]
Members
345 posts
5,431 battles
1 minute ago, LaviKabos said:

Biggest issue on my end is in the Port view, you can't see your ship XP anymore. You HAVE to click the equipment tab to see your ship XP which is a rather unusual and probably overlooked change (i hope!)

oh, that one is a bit annoying. they probably thought "hey, you can only spend ship xp in the equipment section, lets remove it from normal so that there is less clutter."

• Cool 1

Members
521 posts
4,762 battles
4 minutes ago, LaviKabos said:

Just hover over the captain. It shows the ship XP.

It's annoying but it's still there.

[IJN]
Members
116 posts
1,464 battles
Just now, TobTorp said:

oh, that one is a bit annoying. they probably thought "hey, you can only spend ship xp in the equipment section, lets remove it from normal so that there is less clutter."

Sure, but now I have to click the equipment tab to see how much XP I have. Hopefully the at least bring back the ability to see Ship XP in port itself.

4 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

A lot of the text labels have been removed.  The names of the ships before and after in the tech tree were removed. 

This is on top of a LOT of wasted space, a the image of the ship and port being entirely hidden, worse icons for the modules, and a massive unnecessary generic icon for the ship itself, with a name and a little "view" thing to look at the ship... but you can't change anything while you're looking at the ship. 

Yes, the module icons are particularly difficult to decipher. I think they might have sliced off too much from the module section to only add it to the Upgrades and Consumables section but can't do anything now.

Members
578 posts
4,056 battles
6 minutes ago, LaviKabos said:

If you move your Xp and the skills your captain has in a pop-up.

Members
578 posts
4,056 battles

It feels like I have lost info on the Equipment tab, not sure yet, still trying to figure out just what they accomplished with the change.  I don't see any new info, just bigger icons with no labels.

[AAA]
Members
447 posts
14,483 battles

Remain vociferous with complaints about WG decisions.

They have a history of responding favorably to players' concerns regarding game issues.

They will be on changing this back in no time.

[WOLFA]
Members
794 posts
6,188 battles

It's trash. WG is trying to make the PC version more like the console peasant version.

• Cool 1

Members
578 posts
4,056 battles

Apparently everything requires a mouse to pause over it to get a popup.  This has the effect of slowing everything down, while you move your mouse over stuff trying to land on what you are looking for.

Members
2,633 posts
4,263 battles
2 minutes ago, CorradoG60 said:

It's trash. WG is trying to make the PC version more like the console peasant version.

A:  C'mon man,  don't be THAT guy.  People can game on whatever they want.  B:  They are already working on that.  They are using the console versions as a litmus test to see what people will go for.  That's why the Odin has a paid for element,  they found out on consoles they could get away with that.  Ya'll better cross your fingers that's the extent of it,  because the console version is an absolute mess of Wargaming trying to squeeze every last cent out of players. 

[INTEL]
Members
12,515 posts
34,740 battles

unknown.png?width=1276&height=677

This is just stupid. You have to mouse over the Captain to find the XP on your ship? Who thought it was a good idea to ADD a movement to get information that was present without effort in a previous version?

Why do they keep making changes nobody asked for or needed, while neglecting changes lots of people have asked for....

• Cool 1

[BUOY]
Members
846 posts
13,364 battles
3 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

This is just stupid. You have to mouse over the Captain to find the XP on your ship? Who thought it was a good idea to ADD a movement to get information that was present without effort in a previous version?

Why do they keep making changes nobody asked for or needed, while neglecting changes lots of people have asked for....

WG: I have altered the deal, pray I don't alter it any further

• Funny 1

Members
578 posts
4,056 battles

Hey, someone got paid a lot of money to mess up fix your interface like that.  The sad thing is a year from now (or when a new manager takes over) they will probably change it again.  It's called fixing what isn't broken.  :fish_glass:

• Cool 1

[IJN]
Members
116 posts
1,464 battles
8 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

It boggles my mind how one track minded they are, some things aren't good changes but because "the majority of the playerbase has not complained we don't think we will change." Having a small popup in game to ask about how you feel with the new changes would great, that way every player who logs in has a chance to do it, instead of expecting feedback from the minority of players who use the forums. But then, I'd expect them to just say "Well, we put so much time into this, would be a shame to remove it..."

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
12,515 posts
34,740 battles
1 minute ago, LaviKabos said:

It boggles my mind how one track minded they are, some things aren't good changes but because "the majority of the playerbase has not complained we don't think we will change." Having a small popup in game to ask about how you feel with the new changes would great, that way every player who logs in has a chance to do it, instead of expecting feedback from the minority of players who use the forums. But then, I'd expect them to just say "Well, we put so much time into this, would be a shame to remove it..."

It took them three years just to get a DEMOUNT ALL SIGNALS button. I've been asking for a button to turn off emblems and patches, since they are taunts when they appear after you are dead, or even a transparent patch I could use so I don't taunt other players with that. A simple transparent patch, can't get it. 

Other people have asked for other stuff. But WG is always giving us things nobody asked for or needed. Like that change to the XP. 

• Cool 1

[L_O_L]
Members
158 posts
6,584 battles

I pointed out in PTS  that the equipment tab lacked text information and was a downgrade from the previous tab and so did several others, but thats about the extent of it. Oh well...