Hapa_Fodder

Operation Narai disabled

58 comments in this topic

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
2,905 posts
13,343 battles
At the moment, Operation "Narai" is temporarily disabled due to critical issues. The operation will return to rotation as soon as the problem is fixed. We will additionally inform you about it. 

We apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused  and thank you for your understanding.

I will be updating you as soon as I have more information!

Mahalo,

-Hapa

• Cool 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Meh 2

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
14,825 posts

If you are able to share more information as to the nature of the critical issues, when you're not slammed, please do. 

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[CVA16]
Members
5,145 posts
15,364 battles

Did anybody play it after the patch but before it was pulled? Just wondering what a critical issue is.:cap_wander:

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,065 posts
8,931 battles
4 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

Did anybody play it after the patch but before it was pulled? Just wondering what a critical issue is.:cap_wander:

Players are still getting too much econ :Smile_coin:

• Cool 4

[O_O]
Members
620 posts
6 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

You really think WG suddenly discovered this world ending "critical issue" the day before Narai was supposed to go live for a week? 

That's PR speak, a real honest answer is not difficult, hell most of us already know what the reason is.

• Cool 5

[-PVE-]
Members
444 posts
14 minutes ago, Rustyhole said:

You really think WG suddenly discovered this world ending "critical issue" the day before Narai was supposed to go live for a week? 

That's PR speak, a real honest answer is not difficult, hell most of us already know what the reason is.

I played Narai the other week. There absolutely was no issue whatsoever.

• Cool 3

[CVA16]
Members
5,145 posts
15,364 battles
5 minutes ago, ArmoredFrostX said:

I played Narai the other week. There absolutely was no issue whatsoever.

Same here. Played it recently, no issues. Giving WG the benefit of the doubt I assume that the new patch somehow broke it.

[USCC2]
Members
5,873 posts
46 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

If you are able to share more information as to the nature of the critical issues, when you're not slammed, please do. 

Rewards are still too good! :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 2

[O_O]
Members
620 posts
1 minute ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Rewards are still too good! :Smile_hiding:

:Smile_great:

• Cool 1

[TARK]
Members
5,720 posts
2,275 battles

Also, rewards were better during the submarine event for non-subs.

Especially for CVs...top tier in every match, with bots to farm at 1.25x random battle rewards?

:cap_cool::cap_rambo::cap_tea:

10k freexp per battle...

It was glorious.

[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,031 posts
13,993 battles
2 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

Same here. Played it recently, no issues. Giving WG the benefit of the doubt I assume that the new patch somehow broke it.

If I were to one guess, it has something to do with the KM CV's and the Iron Cross camo's.  I recall one patch they had to pull a camo from one of the FR DD's we've had around for ages (honestly forgot which one) because when equipped, it would crash the game.

[UNCLN]
Members
23 posts
6,360 battles

This script sounds very familiar, sounds like a 30% cutoff is too little.

• Cool 2

[GRAVE]
Members
1,114 posts
17,953 battles

Please bring Narai back quickly, I planned on getting the last 10k or so needed on Schors to get Tallinn and make headway on grinding Colorado to get XP ready for Kansas

[PQUOD]
Members
2,256 posts
4,856 battles

I don't trust WG with this. The timing is incredibly suspect.

I noticed it was paying out still pretty well last time it was up in the rotation. We know WG hates this.

There needs to be a meme for the numerous times this mission has had "critical issues" suddenly pop up.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[P-V-E]
Members
1,476 posts

I got California specifically for Narai to utilise the +200% XP mission that came with it, and now you remove Narai without any reference I could see in the "update-096-german-carriers" article.

all I can say is I am far far from f€$£!ng happy, so if it is has a "critical issue" then it should be treated as such and be near the top of the list of things to do first with an appropriately fast hotfix.

• Boring 1

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
2,905 posts
13,343 battles
2 hours ago, KilljoyCutter said:

It literally has to do with the end battle results, some players were not getting them at all and it was crashing clients, we are looking into it.

-Hapa

• Cool 6
  • Thanks 3

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
48 posts
4,140 battles
2 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

It literally has to do with the end battle results, some players were not getting them at all and it was crashing clients, we are looking into it.

-Hapa

This has been a problem for a while, mostly on and off. Last time I did Narai I had a pretty good run where I got to pick up transports and was looking forward to a respectable amount of exp but everyone got booted after we completed the operation and the battle was nulled into the void. If I had to guess this has been an issue for months but I haven't played enough Narai to say for certain how long it's been going on for.

[5D3]
[5D3]
Members
379 posts
14,256 battles
3 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

-Hapa

still skeptical but thank you hapa for sharing. We know dev decisions aren't your fault 

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
14,825 posts
Just now, Hapa_Fodder said:

-Hapa

Thank you. 

Something to pass on, this isn't entirely new -- the post-battle stats have occasionally hard-failed on me in both PVE battle types, but it doesn't crash my client, it just kicks me back to port, and then tells me that detailed stats aren't available if I try to reopen them.   

• Cool 2