You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
STINKWEED_

0.9.6 new interface and Equipment

9 comments in this topic

Members
2,803 posts
15,036 battles

I'm not a big fan of this new interface. It's beginning to look like WG can't decide between design styles. It's the original stylized design shoved together with a minimalist flat (with flat icons) design.

Ship XP used to be prevalent as it should be. This is important info. We shouldn't have to dig around to find it. In 0.9.6 it now appears under Equipment in small font below the icon of the ship. I had to put my glasses on to find it. Instead, why can't it appear at the very top all the time?

Unlike before where under Modules you could see the next ship in the branch , there is only an icon showing the next tier. If you want to see what ship it is you have to hover your mouse curser over the icon. There's plenty of room to include the ship's name.

Combat Missions - The new minimalist style is confusing and takes time to get used to. 

Suggestion: Wallet -  I think having the wallet appear at the top right next to the three currencies would be very helpful so that you don't need to go to the Armory every time you want to see how much coal or tokens you have 

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
14,731 posts

The new Equipment tab has problems, that were pointed out during PTS by some of us. 

• No text labels on the modules, on the ships before and after in the tree, etc.  
  • Oversimplified cartoonish icons. 
  • The icon of the ship itself is a giant waste of space. 
  • Way too much wasted/empty space between all the icons -- so much so that one has to close any open chat windows to see everything now.
  • The port and ship are entirely hidden behind the interface.  

This appears to be the general direction they're going, through.  Note that the Armory main screen went to all icons and no text as well.  

Edited by KilljoyCutter

[-AF-]
Beta Testers
511 posts
7,217 battles
4 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

Suggestion: Wallet -  I think having the wallet appear at the top right next to the three currencies would be very helpful so that you don't need to go to the Armory every time you want to see how much coal or tokens you have 

Great suggestion here, especially with how sluggish the Armory interface has been for quite some time now.

[OIL-1]
Members
978 posts

The ships screen in the Armory still isn't working for me. the spinning wheels are gone, but it still just locks up.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,047 posts
8,877 battles

Rather inconvenient of not being able to view your ship as you mount certain equipment

[MHG]
[MHG]
Members
59 posts
2,584 battles

The UI update is overall much better, but I think there should be text under the modules. New players might have a hard time understanding what the icons means. Also XP should be more visible as you mentioned. Besides that, I like the new art style. 

Members
521 posts
4,762 battles
2 hours ago, STINKWEED_ said:

Ship XP used to be prevalent as it should be. This is important info. We shouldn't have to dig around to find it. In 0.9.6 it now appears under Equipment in small font below the icon of the ship. I had to put my glasses on to find it. Instead, why can't it appear at the very top all the time?

Ship xp shows along with captain build if you hover over the captain.

It should always be lit I agree, but it's still on the main screen. 

Members
1 post
1,739 battles

I agree. The new equipment interface is cold and modern.

We play a game that features historical ships. Things of the past and present. This futuristic interface doesn't belong.

Make it an option. Let us have the classic look back.

• Meh 1