Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Nuckelbuster

Put the d@#n modules interface back the way it was

15 comments in this topic

[FKK]
[FKK]
Members
6 posts
15,973 battles

Don't fix it if it ain't broke....

I've been ready to just walk away from warships for about a year now, but now I'm letting you know.

If you feel strongly about this new ...... interface, then why not give us the option to keep the old interface.

If your response is "My way or the highway", guess what my response will be.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Boring 2

[TBW]
Members
9,954 posts
16,768 battles

It's a bit confusing at first and definitely not better.

• Cool 2

[SOFOP]
Members
2,343 posts
13,746 battles

Well, I mean it is less clicks, and you can pretty much see everything on one page instead of scrolling or having to change tabs.  The graphics will take a bit to get used to, as it seems to be a step backwards.

I have a feeling that they will do something with the flags/camo/signals page next, to make it similar.  That should be interesting to watch.

[RWG]
Members
1 post
2,142 battles

It's awful. I am an old dude, we hate this kind of change, or any kind of change really

• Funny 1

[HMCS]
[HMCS]
Beta Testers
249 posts
7,100 battles

The new modules tabs is a whole step backwards... I was to love watching the ship change however slightly when I changed hull, guns, or even just the catapult plane. I absolutely hate the new module menu

[WORX]
Members
9,823 posts
17,770 battles

This is a case of be careful what you recommend, you may not like the end result...

Back in 2018 to 2019, you'd get threads with "FIx your UI" or "The port UI is laggy."

To bad those who started the "change the (Whatever) UI because its laggy" campaign. Are no longer with us to see the fruits of their efforts.

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Meh 1

[HMCS]
[HMCS]
Beta Testers
249 posts
7,100 battles
1 hour ago, Navalpride33 said:

This is a case of be careful what you recommend, you may not like the end result...

Back in 2018 to 2019, you'd get threads with "FIx your UI" or "The port UI is laggy."

To bad those who started the "change the (Whatever) UI because its laggy" campaign. Are no longer with us to see the fruits of their efforts.

They were legitimate issues at the time

[WORX]
Members
9,823 posts
17,770 battles
7 minutes ago, Platnumsniper said:

They were legitimate issues at the time

And now you got a legitimate solution... As WG stated, production takes up to 2 years.

WG changed it, see they listened... So now people are going to complain because they dont like the outcome ??? GL with that...

1. Be careful what you ask for, you may not like the final outcome.
  2. You never know have much you're going to miss something, until POOF! Its no longer there. 

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Haha 1

[HMCS]
[HMCS]
Beta Testers
249 posts
7,100 battles
8 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

And now you got a legitimate solution... As WG stated, production takes up to 2 years.

WG changed it, see they listened... So now people are going to complain because they dont like the outcome ??? GL with that...

1. Be careful what you ask for, you may not like the final outcome.
  2. You never know have much you're going to miss something, until POOF! Its no longer there. 

The issues were fixed in the last few patches they didn't need to go any further now get off that high horse of yours

• Thanks 1
  • Boring 1

[WORX]
Members
9,823 posts
17,770 battles
10 minutes ago, Platnumsniper said:

The issues were fixed in the last few patches they didn't need to go any further

Once you start production on changes, it cannot be stopped... Besides, every patch lays down a foundation for further development.

I dont have a horse... I have a dog he's about the size of a horse...

Edited by Navalpride33

[PHD]
Members
111 posts
9,390 battles

My biggest complaint about the new interface is the ship's earned XP is no longer displayed.

You have to hover over the ship in the carousel, or over the image of the commander, or open the equipment tab.

A number of versions ago they started hiding the XP display when you opened the modules window. Now at least it's consistent. But it's not better.

[FKK]
[FKK]
Members
6 posts
15,973 battles

Your headed down the same rabbit hole that Yahoo went down, and that didn't work out so well for them.

Look, I'm no whale so I realize you may not be all that concerned with my opinion, but you need users like myself or your cash cows aren't going to be enjoying their premium ships all that much and they'll just go somewhere else to spend their money on entertainment.  I realize that every time you come out with a new premium line of ships they have to have an edge on all the previous ships otherwise no one is going to spend stupid money on a make believe ship that only exists on a hard drive in virtual space.  The net result is that users like myself keep getting effectively nerfed, but as cheapskate tightwad, I accept this (it frustrates me to no end, but I still accept it).  I started playing Warships when it first came out and I really enjoyed it.

I don't play for stats, I could care less about them.  Funny thing about that is that for the first couple of years, I was the number 2 ranked Erie captain in North America and for the first year, I never even knew it.  God I loved the Erie.  It was the most OP ship.  We used to 'reverse seal club' with it.  Me and another guy would div up with a third guy in a St. Louis just so we could get pulled up to T5 and then we would slaughter T5 cruisers and DD's (BB's.... not so much, they where brutal).  That's probably how we ranked so high, but, then you nerfed T1 and I understand why, and I accept it (still a little pissed about it, but I accept it).

Then I started playing the Bayern, which was awesome and then I unlocked the Fiji.  So the Fiji is my new Erie, just not as OP respectively.  But lately with all the new heavy cruisers and radar cruisers, its becoming more frustrating than enjoyable especially when the number of games I have in it makes 'Random' battles not so random.  I have to play 3 T9 games in it just to get a T7 or T8 match.  But I accept that too (not happily mind you).

I understand that you have to do what you have to do in order to make the experience enjoyable to the less dedicated but superiorly funded players.

YOU CANT SELL THE PORT. 

ITS NOTHING BUT BLING.

IT DOESN'T MAKE ME HAPPIER.

IT PUSHES ME OVER THE EDGE.

I am not a whale.  I am therefor not a customer.  I am a part of your product that you sell to the whales.  Pissing off your product to make money I understand.  Pissing off your product for bling is effing stupid.

Your no longer new.  Your not all that exciting any more.  For every new user you may attract with this..... bling.. you'll end up losing 3 or 4.

This is the rabbit hole Yahoo went down.  In 2 years they went from being able to buy Google outright to becoming a sister company to AOL.

You have to leave us something.  If you leave us with nothing, nothing is what you'll end up with too.

Edited by Nuckelbuster

Members
183 posts
6,878 battles

Its one of these stupid style over substance changes. 

I agree if it ain't broke, don't fix it. 

[SOCOM]
Members
607 posts
19,849 battles

Lets see not fix what needs to be fixed? Nah Lets just cheapen up the Graphics, and leave all the broken pieces alone. 

• Haha 1

[OVRPN]
[OVRPN]
Beta Testers
108 posts
17,031 battles
On 7/8/2020 at 4:38 PM, Pureevil6969 said:

It's awful. I am an old dude, we hate this kind of change, or any kind of change really

I'm an old and have no problem with change, when it is for the better. The UI and audio changes recently are crap.

Sign in to follow this