Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheArc

Did anyone buy one of the German "challenges" for 7500 dubs?

34 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

790
[FORM]
Members
1,422 posts
10,301 battles

If so, can you post what one(s) you got and what missions and/or additional rewards there are? Tnx. Right now it seems like spending an extra 1500 dubs to missions to work through get the Iron Cross camo sooner, and to get 15 of the regular new camo, plus 15 of 3 bonus flags. So if there are more rewards or if the missions are at all tricky, I'm curious.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,750
[USCC2]
Members
5,861 posts

My updates are still loading as I've only just got back in from work - I do hope they aren't asking people to buy things without telling them all the details again. :Smile_facepalm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,155
[A-D-F]
Members
2,066 posts
7,456 battles
1 minute ago, _WaveRider_ said:

My updates are still loading as I've only just got back in from work - I do hope they aren't asking people to buy things without telling them all the details again. :Smile_facepalm:

I could not find any details of the grind for 600 tokens that WG is charging 7500 dubs for.  So, yeah, again.  :Smile_sceptic:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,795
[WOLF3]
Members
25,623 posts
22,583 battles
3 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

My updates are still loading as I've only just got back in from work - I do hope they aren't asking people to buy things without telling them all the details again. :Smile_facepalm:

:Smile_teethhappy:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,750
[USCC2]
Members
5,861 posts
4 minutes ago, Captain_Slattery said:

I could not find any details of the grind for 600 tokens that WG is charging 7500 dubs for.  So, yeah, again.  :Smile_sceptic:

 

2 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

:Smile_teethhappy:

No laughing! :Smile_sceptic:….:Smile_teethhappy:

Although @Ensign_Cthulhu may have addressed this:

reading the post now! :Smile_honoring:

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
431
Members
485 posts
4,634 battles

There's no way to know what the challenge missions are without buying the pack. While I'm sure they're not too hard (and you have 2-3 months to do them) it's annoying not to be told what you need to do... especially because if you don't complete them you don't get the rewards. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
943
[NSC]
Supertester
2,319 posts
1 minute ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Although @Ensign_Cthulhu may have addressed this:

reading the post now! :Smile_honoring:

I read the post and it didn't have the mission requirements. Maybe a ticket to CS can help? (Of course, you have to wait ~1 day or more for a reply.)

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,744
[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
14,551 posts

I hadn't even noticed them, I think my brain was too overloaded taking in other nonsense right now to even register something as ridiculous as missions for sale. 

:Smile_facepalm:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,750
[USCC2]
Members
5,861 posts
3 minutes ago, henrychenhenry said:

I read the post and it didn't have the mission requirements. Maybe a ticket to CS can help? (Of course, you have to wait ~1 day or more for a reply.)

The same thing happened with the West Virginia, where it gave missions for the Captain, but never gave the info to what the missions were (for example, there's a big different between set 50 fires and set 500 fires).

Thank you for your help. :Smile_honoring:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,930
[ARGSY]
Members
18,811 posts
13,107 battles

@Hapa_Fodder, there needs to be some openness and clarification on this question. Plenty of people probably want to get these missions (who am I to dictate how they determine value for money?), but are nervous about buying into something they fear they will find impossible.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
943
[NSC]
Supertester
2,319 posts
On 7/8/2020 at 8:37 AM, _WaveRider_ said:

The same thing happened with the West Virginia, where it gave missions for the Captain, but never gave the info to what the missions were (for example, there's a big different between set 50 fires and set 500 fires).

Thank you for your help. :Smile_honoring:

No problem! I didn't actually help yet. But I did submit a ticket to CS (Ticket #125243658) and will update you. :Smile_honoring:
Some other players have shared the mission requirements (including in this thread), but I said I'd update you, so here's the update @_WaveRider_:

image.thumb.png.573fb2db28ca5db44be457c9c4fc54d2.png

Edited by henrychenhenry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,598
[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,148 posts
18,362 battles
1 hour ago, TheArc said:

spending an extra 1500 dubs

Is the direct purchase price of these camos known? Some T10 permacamos run 8000 instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
304
[BUOY]
Members
832 posts
13,321 battles
9 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

Is the direct purchase price of these camos known? Some T10 permacamos run 8000 instead.

I'd guess either 6k as with water world or 7.5k outright and the extras you get with the mission chains now rather than later are the 'value add/deal'. We probably won't know until the event is over though considering they won't even tell us what the mission chains actually are and they're already for sale! :Smile_facepalm:

Edited by lloyd1701

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
205
[-AF-]
Beta Testers
506 posts
7,181 battles
43 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

I hadn't even noticed them, I think my brain was too overloaded taking in other nonsense right now to even register something as ridiculous as missions for sale. 

:Smile_facepalm:

Between WoWs missions and WoT missions, including building a car (???) .....I may become certifiable as a loon!  

They've successfully squeezed out my play in any other non-Wargaming game right now, as well as my recreational reading time.   I think for sanity's sake, I'm going to elect to pass on the German CV directives unless they happen to be done while I'm playing for the Odin directives.

Don't read this as a complaint;  quite the opposite in that Wargaming is flush with mission goodness.  So much so that I'll pick and choose what to keep up with.:Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
397
[FGNE]
Members
904 posts
4,341 battles
10 minutes ago, Altwar said:

[...] I think for sanity's sake, I'm going to elect to pass on the German CV directives unless they happen to be done while I'm playing for the Odin directives.

Don't read this as a complaint;  quite the opposite in that Wargaming is flush with mission goodness.  So much so that I'll pick and choose what to keep up with.:Smile_teethhappy:

Same here, but I’ll be skipping USN BB split event.

I really want the T6 KMS CV for no other reason than to skip the T4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
615
[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
2,385 posts

You can unlock all the missions or do all the german token missions for 600 tokens and unlock one skin for free....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
304
[BUOY]
Members
832 posts
13,321 battles
21 minutes ago, StoptheViolins said:

You can unlock all the missions or do all the german token missions for 600 tokens and unlock one skin for free....

 

You need the hand of RNGeezus on your shoulder to get the 600 'free' mission tokens since you'll have to have gotten the Graf Zepplin / GZ-B from a Super/Black Friday container at some point and also pull all three EA ships from crates... and the T8 is a 1% chance or less.

Edited by lloyd1701
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
790
[FORM]
Members
1,422 posts
10,301 battles
1 hour ago, Edgecase said:

Is the direct purchase price of these camos known? Some T10 permacamos run 8000 instead.

I was pretty sure I read somewhere that they were 6K, but I am not 100% sure. I hope we can get @Hapa_Fodder to chime in with the specifics. I'm definitely curious about getting one of the Iron Cross camos, but I'd rather not spend an additional 1.5k dubs just to get it sooner, with more work to achieve it - since 15 camo & 45 special flags (plus work,) isn't worth 1.5k to me.

46 minutes ago, StoptheViolins said:

You can unlock all the missions or do all the german token missions for 600 tokens and unlock one skin for free....

Wait, are you 100% sure you can earn that many tokens from the regular crates? Got a link to that info?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44
[PMWC1]
Members
139 posts
4,056 battles

Here is the BB mission.  I wanted Ouroboros flags.

BB.jpg

  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,307
[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
2,815 posts
13,283 battles
4 minutes ago, TheArc said:

I was pretty sure I read somewhere that they were 6K, but I am not 100% sure. I hope we can get @Hapa_Fodder to chime in with the specifics. I'm definitely curious about getting one of the Iron Cross camos, but I'd rather not spend an additional 1.5k dubs just to get it sooner, with more work to achieve it - since 15 camo & 45 special flags (plus work,) isn't worth 1.5k to me.

Wait, are you 100% sure you can earn that many tokens from the regular crates? Got a link to that info?

As far as I know we never changed the bundle prices, and looking at our drafts I don't see a change. Unless I am missing it somewhere.

My thing is, with these bundles you aren't just getting enough tokens to get the camo, you're also getting coal and special economic signals as well. (YES I BOUGHT THE DD ONE! CAUSE DUH, DD MAIN!)

Considering the price of a tier X perma-camo, this is actually a good deal.

-Hapa

shot-20.07.08_12.50.37-0146.jpg

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
615
[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
2,385 posts

3b727da6-c10d-11ea-b0fe-38eaa7374f3c.jpg

3 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

As far as I know we never changed the bundle prices, and looking at our drafts I don't see a change. Unless I am missing it somewhere.

My thing is, with these bundles you aren't just getting enough tokens to get the camo, you're also getting coal and special economic signals as well.

-Hapa

I only see flags and tokens listed as payout.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
304
[BUOY]
Members
832 posts
13,321 battles
1 minute ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

As far as I know we never changed the bundle prices, and looking at our drafts I don't see a change. Unless I am missing it somewhere.

My thing is, with these bundles you aren't just getting enough tokens to get the camo, you're also getting coal and special economic signals as well.

-Hapa

Ehhh, might want to check your docs again since AFAICT you get 15x of 3 dragon flags and 15x BWR camo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,795
[WOLF3]
Members
25,623 posts
22,583 battles
7 minutes ago, DM31 said:

Here is the BB mission.  I wanted Ouroboros flags.

BB.jpg

Thanks, the missions look very reasonable.  The Pot.Dmg one can take a while in PVE but it's doable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,307
[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
2,815 posts
13,283 battles
14 minutes ago, StoptheViolins said:

3b727da6-c10d-11ea-b0fe-38eaa7374f3c.jpg

I only see flags and tokens listed as payout.

Ah good catch... now I gotta figure out where my coal came from...

-Hapa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×