You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Thrawn_1

Nice Job On the German Camo WG

10 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
Members
12,443 posts
14,160 battles

I have to say that Wargaming did a nice job on the German Perma Camo. Always nice to get free perma camo, particularly when said camo looks nice. I plan of getting it for Hindenburg and maybe Kurfurst if I end up with enough German CV event currency. I don’t have Kurfurst, but have thought about adding it to port and certainly does not hurt to plan ahead.

So thank you Wargaming and well done. :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,573 posts
17,913 battles

Agreed.

SYAM14w.jpg

• Boring 1

[SNGNS]
Members
316 posts
5,422 battles
16 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

I have to say that Wargaming did a nice job on the German Perma Camo. Always nice to get free perma camo, particularly when said camo looks nice. I plan of getting it for Hindenburg and maybe Kurfurst if I end up with enough German CV event currency. I don’t have Kurfurst, but have thought about adding it to port and certainly does not hurt to plan ahead.

sadly wg is stingy with the currency, you need 600 for a camo and you can get like 300 through normal play (i think you need the cvs though, but dont quote me on that) and you can get another 300 through having a zeppelin.

you can also spend 7500 dubs for a mission chain for 600 currency (pricey)

[O_O]
Members
610 posts
7 minutes ago, TobTorp said:

sadly wg is stingy with the currency, you need 600 for a camo and you can get like 300 through normal play (i think you need the cvs though, but dont quote me on that) and you can get another 300 through having a zeppelin.

As long as people keep spending money on these events, WG will keep pushing the envelope.  

[RKLES]
Members
12,443 posts
14,160 battles
15 minutes ago, TobTorp said:

That will be a pity then, hopefully the free containers will bring the event currency up to 600. 

[WOLF3]
Members
25,645 posts
22,602 battles
24 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

That will be a pity then, hopefully the free containers will bring the event currency up to 600. 

They don't.  I got 5 of them today for completing Directive 1.

pCPdUCE.jpg

You can even look up the Premium Containers from the Armory or whatever, note that the description also makes zero mention of tokens.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[RKLES]
Members
12,443 posts
14,160 battles
8 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

They don't.  I got 5 of them today for completing Directive 1.

pCPdUCE.jpg

You can even look up the Premium Containers from the Armory or whatever, note that the description also makes zero mention of tokens.

Well it was a nice thought while it lasted I guess.

[WOLF3]
Members
25,645 posts
22,602 battles
Just now, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

I was poring through various things to see about getting tokens.  AFAIK:

- None of the event Directives reward tokens.

- None of my free event containers have awarded tokens, at least the five I received so far.

- The only place to get them are those Doubloon Event Missions.

If I'm wrong, someone correct me please, been off of the game for almost a week until today.

I wonder if someone has bought a bunch of the Premium Crates assuming they had tokens in them.

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
2,835 posts
13,291 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

I wish I could get them for ALL my German ships! :Smile_izmena:

Thank you for the kind words! Glad you like the camos!

-Hapa

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,148 posts
18,373 battles
44 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

38 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I was poring through various things to see about getting tokens.  AFAIK:

- None of the event Directives reward tokens.

- None of my free event containers have awarded tokens, at least the five I received so far.

- The only place to get them are those Doubloon Event Missions.

The only known ways to get tokens are:

1. Partial completion of four free mission chains, up to 300 max
  2. Final missions of three of those chains, each requiring a different Early Access German CV, 75 each, 225 max (also gives permacamo for that CV)
  3. Final mission of the fourth chain, which requires GZ or GZB, 75 tokens
  4. Purchase mission chains, price 7500 doubloons, tokens 600 max each

Unlike previous events, event containers (regular OR premium) never contain tokens. HOWEVER, the structure of the mission chains makes them prerequisite to earning half the available tokens (because containers are the only way to get the early access CVs, which are required to complete the chains).

Finally, there is a chance (however unlikely) that a set of announced but unspecified missions releasing in weekends 2 and 3 of the patch cycle for active players may contain some, but no details are available.

My opinion, forget the event exists. If you want the Iron Cross camo, buy a 7500 doubloon mission and grind it (they're easy); you need the stars to align to get 600 tokens the old-fashioned way.

• Cool 2