Sign in to follow this  
Efros

German CV Directives - Progress

138 comments in this topic

[CO-OP]
Members
1,255 posts
23,445 battles

Seems they have been set low in difficulty, completed requisite 4 in 5 games in COOP.

• Cool 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
14,678 posts

Sadly, the mission chains that go with this require using one of the new CVs for the last mission -- which makes those chains uncompleteable for those of us who suffer from motion sickness when using the post-rebork CV aircraft UI. 

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
13,765 posts
23,973 battles
3 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Sadly, the mission chains that go with this require using one of the new CVs for the last mission -- which makes those chains uncompleteable for those of us who suffer from motion sickness when using the post-rebork CV aircraft UI. 

The T4 works? Or you have to pray RNG is merciful and you get at lest the T6?

[CO-OP]
Members
1,255 posts
23,445 battles

Didn't notice that, but as I don't intend playing the CVs it's no biggie to me. I did have the Graf (Crate drop) and I suppose I could ticket the sale of it and get it back but I doubt I'll bother.

The only ship specific missions are 1 in each set that refers to Parseval or Z-35. None of these are essential to completing the directives as far as I can see.

Edited by Efros

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
14,678 posts
6 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

The T4 works? Or you have to pray RNG is merciful and you get at lest the T6?

It's one chain ending at each of the new carriers, I think.   

Point is, it's ~75 tokens a pop walled off behind something that literally makes some players ill. 

[PVE]
Members
11,509 posts
22,395 battles

LONG day but got a lot done...

I. - Week 1 Directives are done

IxRIxcg.jpg

II. - I grabbed a crate bundle and all 3 CV Missions dropped (only took 8 crates to get the 3). Missions completed and new T4/T6/T8 KM early access CV's in port. All are sporting the new one time use Black, White, Red Camo.

ccUSmWm.jpg

EHTdKIr.jpg

34xdVwP.jpg

I am at the final stage of the 6 part missions for all 3 to get the Iron Cross perma camos for them. I just have had enough for today so those 3 can wait a day or two.

I have decided to have the KM Dasha head up the KM CV fleet and eventually go on the new T10 when it comes out. She was on Roon but I swapped another Capt to it and she will now be the main CV Capt. Only need 2pts to get her to 19 and a lot of that will come just doing the missions for the camos. 

Awc7wz4.jpg

III. - I grabbed the GK and Hindenburg armory bundles that give missions that award tokens you use for the Iron Cross camos. I wanted the GK one and one for the new T10 CV. Finished up both of those today too. Man the final mission for both was horrible. 15 Million potential in a KM BB and 10 Million in a KM CA. Normally not too bad but I could NOT get the bots to focus me today. Not even charging mid and sitting there surrounded. Took forever. But, in the end got it done and picked up both camos. Don't care about getting that camo for Hindi or Z52 but have extra tokens now so might at least get one of them before it is all over?

HqfnLK0.jpg

q3ApMwA.jpg

IV. - And last but not least (and not a KM CV/event related but still new today) I grabbed the new T10 RU CA Petropavlovsk. Had the XP waiting on Riga since 9.4 LOL. Had a Capt waiting for it as well plus had the special event perma for it. Haven't played it yet but that is done now too.

TEBLnNC.jpg

bFQaE5i.jpg

I need a nap! :cap_fainting:

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
3,968 posts
16,850 battles

I just played today as I normally do and didn't even realize I was completing the German missions............till I got German crates.......  I'm done with the first section.  Got the Tier 4 carrier mission from a crate; and, the carrier is in port.  Again, didn't even look at it till the rewards said I had a Carrier and a CPT.....   Will I ever play it?    No, I don't play carriers....    Next week the last of the Odin events come out and that will be another 750 Steel that that will nice to have.  After that?  Beats me what our host is thinking?  I was hoping to play Scenarios this week; but, they pulled Narai............. 

I did experience today some strange matches in COOP and there were a lot of player names I've never seen before?  I wonder if these were Random players dropping in for the events????   They made a few COOP matches look like Randoms and that wasn't any fun at all............  I game them a wide berth because a good many didn't care at all what they were doing....   I even turned Pink when a BB driver decided to simply ram me out of the way to "get a kill;".........and, a salvo hit him in the antennas and I got 4 games pink.........  No one has ever done that before.  A weird day.

Edited by Asym_KS

[WOLF8]
Members
7,142 posts
6,097 battles
6 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I grabbed a crate bundle and all 3 CV Missions dropped (only took 8 crates to get the 3).

Me too, Admiral, lol. :Smile_teethhappy:

I crunched some numbers, and the 25 containers for $99 was the best deal... lel. :Smile_hiding:

20200708224755_1.thumb.jpg.429ca25dd49497040907a0c0600b8608.jpg

What a shameless spending from me... lul. :Smile_hiding:

Actually, the last time that I opened my wallet for some of the RNGesus' Fun-and-Engaging Toy BoxesTM (lal) was... back when the four Premium CV's made a return, post-rework. That was around May of last year, I think. Such a long time ago... lol. :Smile_hiding:

Unlike you, however, I just got home from work, ate dinner, and just bought & opened these boxes. So I still got some work cut out for me, lel. :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by Blorgh2017

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
25,718 posts
22,633 battles

@AdmiralThunder I got either the 10 or 12 crate pack and got the mission for the VIII CV, which makes me insanely lucky for that kind of pull for that many crates.

Congrats on Petropavlovsk.  I currently have just over 100k ShipXPs on Riga.  I was tempted to spend FreeXP and just get Petro today but I held off on that temptation.  I will continue to stockpile FreeXP.

Does the Dasha captain speak German?  I know that's a longshot and I don't expect her to be multi-lingual.

[PVE]
Members
11,509 posts
22,395 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

@AdmiralThunder I got either the 10 or 12 crate pack and got the mission for the VIII CV, which makes me insanely lucky for that kind of pull for that many crates.

Congrats on Petropavlovsk.  I currently have just over 100k ShipXPs on Riga.  I was tempted to spend FreeXP and just get Petro today but I held off on that temptation.  I will continue to stockpile FreeXP.

Does the Dasha captain speak German?  I know that's a longshot and I don't expect her to be multi-lingual.

No, all her Capt's speak Russian

[PVE]
Members
11,509 posts
22,395 battles
3 hours ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Me too, Admiral, lol. :Smile_teethhappy:

I crunched some numbers, and the 25 containers for $99 was the best deal... lel. :Smile_hiding:

20200708224755_1.thumb.jpg.429ca25dd49497040907a0c0600b8608.jpg

What a shameless spending from me... lul. :Smile_hiding:

Actually, the last time that I opened my wallet for some of the RNGesus' Fun-and-Engaging Toy BoxesTM (lal) was... back when the four Premium CV's made a return, post-rework. That was around May of last year, I think. Such a long time ago... lol. :Smile_hiding:

Unlike you, however, I just got home from work, ate dinner, and just bought & opened these boxes. So I still got some work cut out for me, lel. :Smile_teethhappy:

Congrat's.

I wish WG would stop making stuff in the Armory more $$$ than the Premium shop. I grabbed the Armory bundle and the equivalent in the shop was a little cheaper and had more crates. I mean what the :Smile-angry:.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,043 posts
8,851 battles
35 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Congrat's.

I wish WG would stop making stuff in the Armory more $$$ than the Premium shop. I grabbed the Armory bundle and the equivalent in the shop was a little cheaper and had more crates. I mean what the :Smile-angry:.

Could be worse, you might not have gotten all 3 CVs or a tier 8 one with a single purchase who knows.

[ARGSY]
Members
18,912 posts
13,143 battles
22 hours ago, Efros said:

Seems they have been set low in difficulty, completed requisite 4 in 5 games in COOP.

I think the first one was deliberately made easy-peasy because it's running concurrent with multiple Dockyard-directive missions that are type and nation specific. I pushed it over in an evening and still had time to go do other things.

Next week's CV directive looks substantially harder by comparison; however, the Dockyard Directive 6 tasks that are specific are only type-limited with no narrow nation restrictions (and we will have the better part of three weeks to do them), so doing the two together still should not be a problem.

[CO-OP]
Members
1,255 posts
23,445 battles

TBH the CV directives are not really of great interest to me, if I complete them okay and if I don't okay. I think from now on I'm just pretty much going to ignore this early access stuff. If it happens it happens if not I'll grind the ships the old fashioned way.

[ICOP]
Members
396 posts
12,219 battles
7 hours ago, Asym_KS said:

I just played today as I normally do and didn't even realize I was completing the German missions............till I got German crates.......  I'm done with the first section.  Got the Tier 4 carrier mission from a crate; and, the carrier is in port.  Again, didn't even look at it till the rewards said I had a Carrier and a CPT.....   Will I ever play it?    No, I don't play carriers....    Next week the last of the Odin events come out and that will be another 750 Steel that that will nice to have.  After that?  Beats me what our host is thinking?  I was hoping to play Scenarios this week; but, they pulled Narai............. 

I did experience today some strange matches in COOP and there were a lot of player names I've never seen before?  I wonder if these were Random players dropping in for the events????   They made a few COOP matches look like Randoms and that wasn't any fun at all............  I game them a wide berth because a good many didn't care at all what they were doing....   I even turned Pink when a BB driver decided to simply ram me out of the way to "get a kill;".........and, a salvo hit him in the antennas and I got 4 games pink.........  No one has ever done that before.  A weird day.

I hsve been talking about this kind of ally behavior lately and just had it happen again this morning.  I told him in chat one more and I torp him.  Sick of these jerks.

• Cool 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
14,678 posts

After figuring out that there's no way to get the permacamo for even one ship without RNGing into the carriers... and then actually playing the carriers and suffering through the motion sickness that causes... after not finding anything about a second flag or camo color on German ships... I've put this one entirely on "I'll finish whatever I finish playing normally" status, and I'm pretty much ignoring it.  Other than letting Tokens convert to credits in a couple months, there is literally nothing in this event for me.

[TBB]
Members
400 posts
3,629 battles
13 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

LONG day but got a lot done...

I. - Week 1 Directives are done

IxRIxcg.jpg

II. - I grabbed a crate bundle and all 3 CV Missions dropped (only took 8 crates to get the 3). Missions completed and new T4/T6/T8 KM early access CV's in port. All are sporting the new one time use Black, White, Red Camo.

ccUSmWm.jpg

EHTdKIr.jpg

34xdVwP.jpg

I am at the final stage of the 6 part missions for all 3 to get the Iron Cross perma camos for them. I just have had enough for today so those 3 can wait a day or two.

I have decided to have the KM Dasha head up the KM CV fleet and eventually go on the new T10 when it comes out. She was on Roon but I swapped another Capt to it and she will now be the main CV Capt. Only need 2pts to get her to 19 and a lot of that will come just doing the missions for the camos. 

Awc7wz4.jpg

III. - I grabbed the GK and Hindenburg armory bundles that give missions that award tokens you use for the Iron Cross camos. I wanted the GK one and one for the new T10 CV. Finished up both of those today too. Man the final mission for both was horrible. 15 Million potential in a KM BB and 10 Million in a KM CA. Normally not too bad but I could NOT get the bots to focus me today. Not even charging mid and sitting there surrounded. Took forever. But, in the end got it done and picked up both camos. Don't care about getting that camo for Hindi or Z52 but have extra tokens now so might at least get one of them before it is all over?

HqfnLK0.jpg

q3ApMwA.jpg

IV. - And last but not least (and not a KM CV/event related but still new today) I grabbed the new T10 RU CA Petropavlovsk. Had the XP waiting on Riga since 9.4 LOL. Had a Capt waiting for it as well plus had the special event perma for it. Haven't played it yet but that is done now too.

TEBLnNC.jpg

bFQaE5i.jpg

I need a nap! :cap_fainting:

Did those final 3 containers from the 1st directive drop for you? I completed that directive but I haven't received those 3 containers.

[WOLFG]
Members
8,869 posts
7,337 battles
51 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Ab39Sqh.jpg

Ve have vays of making you play one more game.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
25,718 posts
22,633 battles

1st game with the Tier VIII CV.  2 games now with Von Parseval.  It's been laggy the entire night and it was a problem even when I was using my regular ships, so when your airplanes lag and do weird a** crap, it's a big problem.  I have mine spec'ed almost exactly like my Graf Zeppelin, a good part of a Secondaries Build in mind but not too deep into it.  I simply brought over my Graf Zeppelin captain for Von Parseval.

Pwu5Pkv.jpg

Upgrade-wise, the difference from my Graf Zeppelin is Slot 5 using CSM1 in the new carrier and Slot 4 using the Attack Plane one.  On Graf Zeppelin Slot 4 uses the upgrade for Torpedo Bombers and Slot 6 the aviation oriented one.

Secondaries range is identical to Graf Zeppelin, 10.1km with this build.  Since I have a Stealth Build on this, my concealment is down to a fantastic 10.6km.

Last note on Secondaries when compared to Graf Zeppelin, GZ & Von Parseval share the same 105mm secondaries, even the same amount of those guns.  But GZ has several 150mm secondary batteries which Von Parseval lacks.

Aircraft types?  The Attack Planes are BF109G.  The other 2 squad types use Bf110C.

dV5PEhT.jpg

How the reticles look on attack runs.

Bf109G

3Peb4E1.jpg

Bf110C Torpedo Bombers.  I like the drop pattern.

OuscoGd.jpg

Bf110C Dive Bombers.

ngmd86g.jpg

The DBs are really weird, have to get used to them.  The bomb reticle can't be seen when you're just cruising along in flight unless you look straight down. 

7Fajgd7.jpg

Don't do an attack run until you're almost on top of the target, otherwise you'll dive in way too short.  I made that mistake several times already when I tried to treat the DBs like I did USN & IJN equivalents.  The lag tonight was so bad that this made getting the hang of them even harder.

The fighter consumable sucks a** because of the small patrol radius.

Man has the lag and disconnects been bad.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[PVE]
Members
11,509 posts
22,395 battles
4 hours ago, Merc_R_Us said:

Did those final 3 containers from the 1st directive drop for you? I completed that directive but I haven't received those 3 containers.

I think they did? I keep a log and will check when I get home to make sure I got them all. 

• Cool 1

[PHD]
Members
111 posts
9,412 battles
13 hours ago, Asym_KS said:

I did experience today some strange matches in COOP and there were a lot of player names I've never seen before?  I wonder if these were Random players dropping in for the events????

Same here. At one point yesterday afternoon I saw 50+ ships in the queue for a co-op.

[PVE]
Members
3,968 posts
16,850 battles
6 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I got all the containers.

I did as well.....

Sign in to follow this