Sign in to follow this  
Herr_Reitz

Embedded Chromium Browser - eh?

4 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,637 posts

Since you now force us to absolutely use the launcher to play the game, I have taken a closer look at what you actually load/run when I'm forced to run it. 

Why do you load an embedded Chromium browser? I don't need it running in the background. I don't like it running in the background. 

Might I have an option to not load the embedded Chromium browser just to play the game? tia

Note:  At the very least, clean up after yourself, you know, wash your hands, take out the garbage, unload the embedded Chromium Browser after use... 

Edited by Herr_Reitz
  • Thanks 1

Members
1,462 posts
23,591 battles

It may use the browser code to load things such as Armory in-game.

[LOU1]
Members
4,121 posts
11,717 battles

I believe it also displays web content in the game if you select something that needs it.

As an aside, I have never figured out why players expend so much energy complaining about WGC.  I have been using it since becoming part of the the WGC Beta testing and yes, there were some rough times with it during development.  I appreciate the automatic error reporting and it has removed some potential pinks by noting a system or internet crash.  With multiple games and clients it makes things pretty convenient for me.  Oh well, each to their own.

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
793 posts
6,152 battles

Been in the code for years.  Think it allows us to browse stuff like armory, premium shop, and profiles.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this