You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Thrawn_1

Why Is AP Rocket Pen Values Not Listed?

12 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
Members
12,478 posts
14,198 battles

So I am looking at the new German CV info and has pretty much everything listed except the armor pen values of their rockets... Anyone know how to find that info or where it might be?

[--K--]
Supertester
1,120 posts
10,061 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

So I am looking at the new German CV info and has pretty much everything listed except the armor pen values of their rockets... Anyone know how to find that info or where it might be?

Is it not in the same place as HE pen would be for everything else? Airplanes module tab? 

[WOLFG]
Members
27,416 posts
7,385 battles
1 minute ago, GandalfTehGray said:

Is it not in the same place as HE pen would be for everything else? Airplanes module tab? 

I didn't think AP pen was shown for anything, rockets, bombs, or guns.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
12,478 posts
14,198 battles
Just now, GandalfTehGray said:

I looked in every place I could find, from ship stats, to all the aircraft modules, port view stats, I certainly don’t see the AP Rocket pen values anywhere and that info seems rather important as it could make a difference in what one might use if the presence of German CVs is heavy on a given day.

[SNGNS]
Members
345 posts
5,427 battles
19 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

I looked in every place I could find, from ship stats, to all the aircraft modules, port view stats, I certainly don’t see the AP Rocket pen values anywhere and that info seems rather important as it could make a difference in what one might use if the presence of German CVs is heavy on a given day.

try finding AP pen for anything, you wont. because ap pen is not a flat value in wows but a curve (mostly distance related)

[WOLF3]
Members
25,755 posts
22,652 battles
21 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

I didn't think AP pen was shown for anything, rockets, bombs, or guns.

Just now, TobTorp said:

try finding AP pen for anything, you wont. because ap pen is not a flat value in wows but a curve (mostly distance related)

Right on the money.

[WOLF3]
Members
25,755 posts
22,652 battles
35 minutes ago, GandalfTehGray said:

Who you gonna call? 

@Hapa_Fodder

As mentioned already by someone earlier, AP Penetration isn't a flat, easy to present value like HE Penetration.  AP Penetration alters quite a bit given different ranges, while HE Rockets & Bombs have fixed values.

If we never had an ingame means on figuring out say, Bismarck's AP Penetration capabilities, I highly doubt WG would all the sudden take the time to do so for very niche CV AP Rockets.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[--K--]
Supertester
1,120 posts
10,061 battles
5 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

As mentioned already by someone earlier, AP Penetration isn't a flat, easy to present value like HE Penetration.  AP Penetration alters quite a bit given different ranges, while HE Rockets & Bombs have fixed values.

If we never had an ingame means on figuring out say, Bismarck's AP Penetration capabilities, I highly doubt WG would all the sudden take the time to do so for very niche CV AP Rockets.

I don't think we have to worry about ranges as that will have a maximum value due to being a rocket attack. 

Even if it doesn't get an in game value, a chart with values at a few different angles would be nice. 

Members
1,642 posts

Yeah could use some clarification on this. We do have the mm pen values for AP bombs that have been data mined but nothing for rockets. They need something in port otherwise its just a guessing game.

[SYN]
Members
15,729 posts
12,778 battles

last I heard, they had values similar to 203mm AP

[WOLFG]
Members
27,416 posts
7,385 battles
On 7/8/2020 at 10:56 AM, HazeGrayUnderway said:

As mentioned already by someone earlier, AP Penetration isn't a flat, easy to present value like HE Penetration.  AP Penetration alters quite a bit given different ranges....

I've always thought they should just present AP pen at 3-4 different standard ranges, say 5, 10, 15, and 20km, just so you have some idea.