You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Directives of the German Carriers Event, First Phase WIP PLACEHOLDER

112 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
18,955 posts
13,161 battles

Well, boys and girls, it looks like we're back to doing things the old fashioned way - free crates in the directives and daily supply, and premium crates or their equivalents with better odds, giving out a chance of winning a mission for a ship. Personally I preferred the current thing, where we just got the ship dropped in our port, but what the heck? What's a bit of nostalgia between friends? Up to 25 free chances before you even have to think about reaching into your wallet; and I would take them all before I started paying, if I were you. 

IT GOES WITHOUT SAYING THAT UNLESS YOU VALUE THE STUFF IN THE BUNDLES AT WHAT THE BUNDLE'S PRICE IS, BE WARY OF BUYING IT - AND HAVING READ THIS WARNING, IF YOU DO BUY, DON'T COME HERE CRYING IF YOU DON'T GET A SHIP MISSION. YOU WERE WARNED.

The carriers are all tech-tree, which means you can get them for no extra outlay just by playing the game. I intend to earn as many of the free containers as I can and see what falls out of them. I usually end up with the two lowest ships in pre-release without having to pay a single doubloon for them.

Remember that this is another AP bomber line with AP rockets now added in for extra juicy AP-ness. And for the first time, this is a tech-tree CV line whose aircraft absolutely cannot start fires. Ever. Damage stacking will have to be done with the torpedoes alone. So the play style is different, and wanting to rush ahead (or cough up huge amounts of money to try to get them all in early release) will be nothing short of foolish (unless you were a tester and have played them all to death already, in which case you know what to expect - and even then, shelling out money for pre-release ships is unwise).

OKAY, ON TO THE DIRECTIVES, THE MEAT OF THE ARTICLE. The first directive has kindly been provided to me as screenshots in timely fashion by @DM31 and @TheArc. Thank you for your kind efforts in this regard.

DIRECTIVE 1: Opens  8 July, 5 days until directive 2 opens. Awards three KMS CV containers for completion of four of its component missions.

In Tier 5 to 10 ships, Randoms, Ranked or Co-op and in any number of battles (unless otherwise specified), complete any four of the following to progress to Directive 2 when it unlocks.

1. Spot (i.e. be the first to detect) 12 enemy torpedoes. Awards 5 combat flags. Take a destroyer or light cruiser into co-op and push well forward. 

2. Get 200 main battery hit ribbons.  Awards three combat flags. The destroyers and CLs you use for the above task are the most rapidly firing ships in the game. Smoke up if you have smoke, and lay down a withering fire. Lather, rinse, repeat.

3. Earn 1.5 million credits (can also be done in clan battles and Scenarios). Awards 100,000 credits. This task will complete on its own as the others progress.

4. Get 10 destroyed ribbons (i.e. ships sunk). Awards one KMS CV container. This task is most easily done in co-op.

5. EITHER: a) Earn 8,500 base XP (the amount that is shown in the final team results, not including premium time or any flags).

OR: b) Cause 450,000 HP of damage to ships (not valid in Clan or Scenario battles). 

This mission awards one KMS CV container. In my opinion, it is highly likely that you will finish the damage requirement before you finish the Base XP requirement. Either will do. Co-op is the easiest and quickest place to get the damage done.

6. In one Random or Ranked battle, get 12 torpedo hits (or 5 torpedo hits in the Parseval or the Z-35). Awards one Draconic flag. Players who have any Tier 6-plus carrier at all might want to give this one a crack. 

7. In one Random or Ranked battle, earn 2300 base XP. Awards one Draconic flag. This one - like love in Bette Midler's song "The Rose" - is for the lucky or the strong. Let it go.

The first thing to note is that all of the missions in this directive which award event containers (and indeed the entire directive) can be completed in co-op, over any number of battles, and with any Tier 5-plus ship. Remember that to complete the directive, you do not necessarily have to complete every mission in it.

The second is that even the credits task is not difficult to do in co-op. It’s 300,000 credits a night over five nights (before Directive 2 opens), and the credits are counted BEFORE the post-battle service costs are deducted.

The “in one battle” tasks are substantially more difficult, especially if you don’t pull the Parseval in an early-release container or can’t/don’t want to buy the Z-35 when she comes out, but you won’t miss out on event containers if you have to pass them by. They are non-critical and I would encourage beginner players to forget about them.

Tasks that look large should be divided by 5 (or 7 for the other directives, once they open), and taken in easy mouthfuls.

In my opinion, this directive can and should be completed in co-op.

DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, BUY A PREMIUM SHIP OR SPEND A WHOLE LOT OF CASH TRYING TO GET AN EARLY-ACCESS SHIP JUST BECAUSE IT OFFERS A SHORTCUT THROUGH A CERTAIN DIRECTIVE.

THE PURPOSE OF THIS GUIDE IS TO MAXIMIZE YOUR FREE CHANCES AT GETTING EARLY-ACCESS SHIPS, NOT TO COST YOU MONEY. THEY WILL ALL BE FREE TO GRIND IN A MONTH FROM NOW.

BEST OF LUCK.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 2

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
4,502 posts
20,297 battles

Not interested in German CV nor the doubloon bundles but I am interested in the German T8 Premium DD, Z-35. She must be coming out soon. Missions can be accomplished using her.

image.thumb.png.89ccb7c5132a1e895c568f3098945e8f.png

• Cool 1

Members
1,489 posts
23,692 battles

I'm only sorry the perma-camos are for Tier 10s, as I only pull my Xs out for snowflake-type events. The rewards for playing Tier 9 (silver, satisfaction, and, if a premium, CXP) far-and-away Trump the Tier 10 experience.

Edited by theLaalaa

[FORM]
Members
1,443 posts
10,347 battles
55 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The doubloon thing that leads to quest missions for enough tokens to get three T10 permacamos is another matter, but I want to see the exact pricing in-game. If it really is 7500 doubloons for all the missions, that's 15,000 doubloons value for three Tier 10 permacamos - or a 50% discount. THAT could be worth it.

Each of the "challenges" are 7500, total for all 3 is 22,500 dub. Each one rewards 600 German tokens, same cost as an Iron Cross camo. No info on what the specifics of the challenges are though. I'm surprised that the premium German containers have no tokens in them at all. 

20200708084842_1.thumb.jpg.a9a0d8ca69d8d5d126a9018c408b8b91.jpg

20200708085049_1.thumb.jpg.31c39f28c19155dd156b0d2edbbb5b81.jpg

• Thanks 1

[ARGSY]
Members
18,955 posts
13,161 battles
1 minute ago, Khafni said:

Not interested in German CV nor the doubloon bundles but I am interested in the German T8 Premium DD, Z-35. She must be coming out soon. Missions can be accomplished using her.

image.thumb.png.89ccb7c5132a1e895c568f3098945e8f.png

The things you learn from looking at the directive requirements.

1 minute ago, TheArc said:

Each of the "challenges" are 7500, total for all 3 is 22,500 dub. Each one rewards 600 German tokens, same cost as an Iron Cross camo.

OWWWWWWWWW no deal!

Cheaper just to buy the T10 camo. The flags that go with the missions just aren't worth the extra cost.

Fascinating that the containers are being sold exclusively for doubloons. *shrugs* Well, whatever. My advice remains; don't buy unless you think the guaranteed contents are worth 1250 dubs. 1000 dubs alone will pay for a permacamo for the T6 CV. I definitely cannot recommend the premium containers!

• Cool 3

[WOLFG]
Members
8,873 posts
7,368 battles

Did a quick look at the directives.

Nothing to get aroused about.  Looks like getting all 4 directives done should be doable, but nothing that interests me very much as far as rewards go.

[MIBR]
[MIBR]
Members
924 posts
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Well, boys and girls, it looks like we're back to doing things the old fashioned way - free crates in the directives and daily supply, and premium crates or their equivalents with better odds, giving out a chance of winning a mission for a ship. Personally I preferred the current thing, where we just got the ship dropped in our port, but what the heck? What's a bit of nostalgia between friends? Up to 25 free chances before you even have to think about reaching into your wallet; and I would take them all before I started paying, if I were you. 

IT GOES WITHOUT SAYING THAT UNLESS YOU VALUE THE STUFF IN THE BUNDLES AT WHAT THE BUNDLE'S PRICE IS, BE WARY OF BUYING IT - AND HAVING READ THIS WARNING, IF YOU DO BUY, DON'T COME HERE CRYING IF YOU DON'T GET A SHIP MISSION. YOU WERE WARNED.

The carriers are all tech-tree, which means you can get them for no extra outlay just by playing the game. I intend to earn as many of the free containers as I can and see what falls out of them. I usually end up with the two lowest ships in pre-release without having to pay a single doubloon for them. 

The doubloon thing that leads to quest missions for enough tokens to get three T10 permacamos is another matter, but I want to see the exact pricing in-game. If it really is 7500 doubloons for all the missions, that's 15,000 doubloons value for three Tier 10 permacamos - or a 50% discount. THAT could be worth it.

Remember that this is another AP bomber line with AP rockets now added in for extra juicy AP-ness. And for the first time, this is a tech-tree CV line whose aircraft absolutely cannot start fires. Ever. Damage stacking will have to be done with the torpedoes alone. So the play style is different, and wanting to rush ahead will be nothing short of foolish (unless you were a tester and have played them all to death already, in which case you know what to expect).

each camo at t10 is 5k, a premium camo would be 8k?

so 3 premium camos 18k? bundles costs 7k?

• Confused 1

[CO-OP]
Members
1,261 posts
23,476 battles

Did the 4 in the first section in 5 games, in COOP.

[ARGSY]
Members
18,955 posts
13,161 battles
1 minute ago, Felipe_1982 said:

so 3 premium camos 18k? bundles costs 7k?

It's still not value for money, unless you are willing to pay 60% more just for looks. I'm not, and I wouldn't advise anyone else to do so either.

• Cool 1

[A-D-F]
Members
2,067 posts
7,504 battles
23 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

OWWWWWWWWW no deal!

Cheaper just to buy the T10 camo. The flags that go with the missions just aren't worth the extra cost.

Fascinating that the containers are being sold exclusively for doubloons. *shrugs* Well, whatever. My advice remains; don't buy unless you think the guaranteed contents are worth 1250 dubs. 1000 dubs alone will pay for a permacamo for the T6 CV. I definitely cannot recommend the premium containers!

This exactly!  7500 for 3 missions was the price point I was willing to buy at.

It seemed fair.  Tier 10 permacamo for $10 and a grind.  Triple that price and you still have to grind?  As my dad would say, "Not no, but h e l l  no!".

This is just another event that I will not be taking part in.  None of it.

Edited by Captain_Slattery
  • Cool 5

[FORM]
Members
1,443 posts
10,347 battles
21 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

EWWWWWWWWW no deal! Cheaper just to buy the T10 camo. The flags that go with the missions just aren't worth the extra cost.

IIRC, they were going to sell the Iron Cross camo for 6K dubs (regular tier 10 perma camo is 5K it seems,) so the challenge extras are 1.5k - which gets you 15 of the new Black/Red/White camo, and 15 ea of the Dragon, Ouro & Wyvern flags.  Unless there's rewards to the various challenge missions, or you really want the Iron Cross over  the regular permanent camo, it isn't much of a deal. 

10 minutes ago, Felipe_1982 said:

It varies on the premium camo costs a bit. For instance, the Z-52 has the regular one at 5K, then Water World 6K, and Blue Aster at 8K (all same stats.) 

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
12,515 posts
34,740 battles

Completed the first directive in less than 90 mins in coop. Very easy. 

[--K--]
Supertester
1,120 posts
10,061 battles
57 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

I'm only sorry the perma-camos are for Tier 10s, as I only pull my Xs out for snowflake-type events. The rewards for playing Tier 9 (silver, satisfaction, and, if a premium, CXP) far-and-away Trump the Tier 10 experience.

Coop exists, the Perm Camos let you turn a profit even there. 

[ARGSY]
Members
18,955 posts
13,161 battles
26 minutes ago, TheArc said:

(all same stats.) 

This is the part that makes it a no-deal for me.

[ALOFT]
Supertester
570 posts
14,576 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Remember that this is another AP bomber line with AP rockets now added in for extra juicy AP-ness. And for the first time, this is a tech-tree CV line whose aircraft absolutely cannot start fires. Ever. Damage stacking will have to be done with the torpedoes alone. So the play style is different, and wanting to rush ahead will be nothing short of foolish (unless you were a tester and have played them all to death already, in which case you know what to expect).

Can we get a screenshot of the directives? I'd like to plan my attack for later today.

[ARGSY]
Members
18,955 posts
13,161 battles
1 minute ago, saintsfan1622000 said:

Can we get a screenshot of the directives? I'd like to plan my attack for later today.

I won't be able to get into the game for at least another seven hours as I have a full-time day job. I'll put a list up as soon as is humanly possible.

[ALOFT]
Supertester
570 posts
14,576 battles
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I won't be able to get into the game for at least another seven hours as I have a full-time day job. I'll put a list up as soon as is humanly possible.

That's fine. 

I'm sure another brave hero is in-game now and can heroically share a screenshot of the directives. Do it for everyone!

[ARGSY]
Members
18,955 posts
13,161 battles
2 minutes ago, saintsfan1622000 said:

I'm sure another brave hero is in-game now and can heroically share a screenshot of the directives. Do it for everyone!

:cap_like: :Smile_veryhappy:

[TARK]
Members
5,661 posts
2,267 battles
6 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You and me both...

...though the money and family life is good.

:D

• Cool 1

[PMWC1]
Members
143 posts
4,127 battles

This is Directive 1.  Working from home because of COVID has a few advantages.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
18,955 posts
13,161 battles
1 minute ago, DM31 said:

Many thanks. I'm going to shamelessly plagiarize this to build my list in the first post and do the rest at leisure from home, if that's okay with you.

[FORM]
Members
1,443 posts
10,347 battles
49 minutes ago, saintsfan1622000 said:

The directives for the first batch are super easy to finish. The second one won't pop for 5 days, so you have plenty of time to see that yourself ;)

20200708105009_1d.thumb.jpg.25aad4fe75e632a9cb6e30fa21eb56f8.jpg

3 minutes ago, DM31 said:

Oh sure, here I am slaving over a hot monitor to combine all the screenshots into one and you go and swoop in and post the info while I'm hard at work! Swooper!!! ;)

Edited by TheArc

[WOLF8]
Members
7,158 posts
6,107 battles
1 hour ago, TheArc said:

IIRC, they were going to sell the Iron Cross camo for 6K dubs (regular tier 10 perma camo is 5K it seems,) so the challenge extras are 1.5k - which gets you 15 of the new Black/Red/White camo, and 15 ea of the Dragon, Ouro & Wyvern flags.  Unless there's rewards to the various challenge missions, or you really want the Iron Cross over  the regular permanent camo, it isn't much of a deal. 

I agree.

If you ask me, it would still be far more cheaper and efficient to just wait for the camos to be sold directly at 6k dubs.

Paying extra 1.5k dubs to jump through hoops for an early access to the camos (I say this because WG will sell these camos on their own in the future, just watch, lol) and a handful of premium signal flags just doesn't sound good to me. :Smile_smile:

[PMWC1]
Members
143 posts
4,127 battles
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Many thanks. I'm going to shamelessly plagiarize this to build my list in the first post and do the rest at leisure from home, if that's okay with you.

Yes, that is great.  Appreciate your help breaking these down.

[PMWC1]
Members
143 posts
4,127 battles
Just now, TheArc said:

The directives for the first batch are super easy to finish. The second one won't pop for 5 days, so you have plenty of time to see that yourself ;)

Oh sure, here I am slaving over a hot monitor to combine all the screenshots into one and you go and swoop in and post the info while I'm hard at work! Swooper!!! ;)

Yours is much cleaner.  I just took the lazy way and posted multiples.  I wish they would "wrap" the directives because half of my monitor is blank and that space could be filled.