Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
RebelBadger001

There should be a way to totally shut the chat box off in game.

8 comments in this topic

[RNGOD]
[RNGOD]
Members
7 posts
8,790 battles

its simple while the in game chat can be useful its is usually a crapshow of people spamming the comm wheel presets or telling everyone else on their team they suck after they YOLOed their BB up the slot on Twins and the rest of their team didnt support them. I get chat banned A LOT usually by replying to some moron. Yes it is a character fault and I am working on it.  But how hard would it be to have a check box in settings that let you totally opt out of Chat? I know the WG devs are hard at work making up paper ships like the German CV line. But come on this would take like what 10 mins to program into the game. And I mean totally opt out where you cant chat and do not see the chat. I think allowing people to play without having to deal with the [edited] (myself included) you find in chat would vastly improve the game and bring the boat rage levels down a notch or two. and People could Choose to either be part of the mess that is chat or live their lives sailing in peace. 

I will be honest my chat banned periods are some of the most pleasant weeks I have in the game so please give us the option to be chat free 

Thank you for you time

• Boring 1

[SRBL]
Members
426 posts
10,571 battles

You can disable chat at the beginning of each match by right clicking on it and selecting 'disable chat'. 

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
3,678 posts
3,904 battles

There is a checkbox in settings to disable chat....

[SYN]
Members
5,875 posts
13,296 battles
1 hour ago, RebelBadger001 said:

its simple while the in game chat can be useful its is usually a crapshow of people spamming the comm wheel presets or telling everyone else on their team they suck after they YOLOed their BB up the slot on Twins and the rest of their team didnt support them. I get chat banned A LOT usually by replying to some moron. Yes it is a character fault and I am working on it.  But how hard would it be to have a check box in settings that let you totally opt out of Chat? I know the WG devs are hard at work making up paper ships like the German CV line. But come on this would take like what 10 mins to program into the game. And I mean totally opt out where you cant chat and do not see the chat. I think allowing people to play without having to deal with the [edited] (myself included) you find in chat would vastly improve the game and bring the boat rage levels down a notch or two. and People could Choose to either be part of the mess that is chat or live their lives sailing in peace. 

I will be honest my chat banned periods are some of the most pleasant weeks I have in the game so please give us the option to be chat free 

Thank you for you time

Two ways to turn off chat.

[Ctrl]+LMB on the little [X] just below the chatbox, or you could simply disable chat via the settings menu.

[RNGOD]
[RNGOD]
Members
7 posts
8,790 battles

thank you I believe I have tired that it seems like you still see some of the stuff I will try it again 

Thank you 

[SYN]
Members
5,875 posts
13,296 battles
6 minutes ago, RebelBadger001 said:

thank you I believe I have tired that it seems like you still see some of the stuff I will try it again 

Thank you 

You're still going to see notifications and quick-chat messages.  But you won't see anything that is typed.

[RNGOD]
[RNGOD]
Members
7 posts
8,790 battles

you guys are the best thank you thank you thank you. You just made this game 100% more enjoyable lol 07

Members
7 posts
531 battles

If only there was also a way to completely block toxic players so you don't even see them in your game............

Sign in to follow this