Hapa_Fodder

Soviet Cruisers: Branch Review

20 comments in this topic

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
2,881 posts
13,317 battles

Introducing Soviet cruisers Tallinn, Riga, and Petropavlovsk—learn everything you need to know to achieve victory!

Read it on the portal
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[5D4]
Members
193 posts
15,966 battles

The XP gets applied at research, it's just not showing on the home screen for some reason. 

[ANCMD]
Members
4 posts
7,440 battles

Thanx WG, when you reset the Russian ships -Tallin and Riga you wiped out all of my ship XP I was saving to research the Petropovalosk. Also the captains I had in those ships have to re-trained at 500 doubloons each. Great move! really disappointing!

• Thanks 1

[ANCMD]
Members
4 posts
7,440 battles

None of the ship XP's are showing in the box next to the ship captains, so how do I know how much ship XP do I have? Anybody test this?

[KAG]
Members
146 posts
8,745 battles

Bow tankers are competitive ships....

But then they cry about subs and CV taking advantage of their stationary gameplay..

• Cool 1

[ANCMD]
Members
4 posts
7,440 battles

In the directives you list a Z-35 to complete a task, where can I get a Z-35?

• Cool 1

Members
2,898 posts
5,580 battles
6 minutes ago, tlm_6 said:

In the directives you list a Z-35 to complete a task, where can I get a Z-35?

This, but also that moment when you deliberately ground out 240k experience on Riga and you had 100M credits, but went on a Tier IX-X buying spree and forgot to save enough credits to actually buy Petropavlovsk. :cap_wander_2:

Edited by RainbowFartingUnicorn

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,170 posts
18,424 battles
6 minutes ago, Rusty_LandShark said:

So it works correctly just docent show correctly

hX0hrWy.png

Mine both worked and displayed correctly.

[BRSI]
Members
56 posts
2,286 battles

I like Soviet cruisers up to T6, but the ones above them do have weak armor and get taken out very easy.

[NGUNS]
Members
165 posts
8,767 battles

My turn, again, to be the [edited]: I have researched up through the Donskoi B hull. I sold Schors.  Do I have to buy back Schors and regrind it to get the new Russians CAs? Definite buzzkill. Thank you

• Thanks 1

[VVV]
Members
2,660 posts

I still find it quite disappointing that WG keeps doing line splits that start at T8 and thus only include 3 ships.

This line for example could've had Krasny Kavkaz at T4, kept Kirov at T5 instead of making her a premium, put Maxim Gorky (Molotov's sister ship) or Kalinin at T6 and a paper ship (probably a version of Pyotr Bagration with nerfed main gun reload and/or pen and more historically accurate 100mm belt) at T7.

Likewise the 3-ship Soviet DD split was much less comprehensive than it could've been. Ognevoi is overtiered and overbuffed (with completely fictitious armament to fit). Pre-split Ognevoi was an excellent fit for T6. Smelyy (which was originally supposed to be part of this split) would've worked at T7). If both Neustrashimy and Spokoinyy were both available, putting them at T8-9 would've been a good fit. For the sake of line cohesion Udaloi would become a premium in the same way Moskva just did with the CAs.

But since that's no longer an option with Neustrashimy having become a premium, moving Ognevoi and Smelyy to T7 and 8 and still putting Spokoinyy at T9 would make much more sense than the current line. Or perhaps still go with T6 Ognevoi and T7 Smelyy, with a ship very much like the current T8 version of Ognevoi filling the gap (historically neither Ognevoi nor Smelyy ever got the 130mm/55 B-2-U guns and of course which torps a DD gets are an easy balance factor). Perhaps call her Skoryy (the ship that the West mistakenly thought was the lead ship of Project 30bis rather than Smelyy).

I'd also prefer for Podvoisky (a paper ship so super-obscure she never had a Project number!) to be shifted to premium status, allowing Gnevny to return to her natural home at T5 and putting Storozhevoi at T6. The T2 paper ship of the same name can simply be changed to another name (perhaps Soobrazitelny).

Edited by Lord_Magus
  • Thanks 1

Members
40 posts

So this called average Dispersion  LOL  what a Myth..  GG .WG . 21km max range and just wrecked a Venezia  6 shots destroyed.. This myth about average dispersion is real..

[MUSH]
Members
9 posts
2,320 battles
On 7/8/2020 at 7:22 AM, tlm_6 said:

Thanx WG, when you reset the Russian ships -Tallin and Riga you wiped out all of my ship XP I was saving to research the Petropovalosk. Also the captains I had in those ships have to re-trained at 500 doubloons each. Great move! really disappointing!

YES!!!! GIVE US OUR SHIP XP BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[MUSH]
Members
9 posts
2,320 battles
On 7/8/2020 at 11:02 AM, USSCurtis said:

My turn, again, to be the [edited]: I have researched up through the Donskoi B hull. I sold Schors.  Do I have to buy back Schors and regrind it to get the new Russians CAs? Definite buzzkill. Thank you

WG HAS TO THINK MORE ABOUT THIS WHEN THEY MESS WITH A TECH LINE!!!!!!!!!!  Please let us use our Ship XP that we worked so hard for!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[MUSH]
Members
9 posts
2,320 battles
On 7/8/2020 at 11:33 AM, Lord_Magus said:

I still find it quite disappointing that WG keeps doing line splits that start at T8 and thus only include 3 ships.

This line for example could've had Krasny Kavkaz at T4, kept Kirov at T5 instead of making her a premium, put Maxim Gorky (Molotov's sister ship) or Kalinin at T6 and a paper ship (probably a version of Pyotr Bagration with nerfed main gun reload and/or pen and more historically accurate 100mm belt) at T7.

YES!  This would have solved the problem of LOSING/WASTING Ship XP....I they were smart enough to do something like this, I would not have LOST ALL of my 32,000 Kirov ship XP and would be able to use it on the next ship in-line!  Brilliant!

WG, MAKE THIS HAPPEN!

[DBM]
Members
530 posts
9,033 battles

I just wanted to say, well done!  With any new ship, it is always a tedious exercise to research the proper captain's skills and upgrades by watching videos, going to the forum, looking at the WIKI, etc..  Having that in the video is invaluable to new captains.  PLEASE continue to include this important information in future news videos.

Yes, please don't fall out of your chairs because I'm saying something nice instead of whining 

On 7/8/2020 at 9:00 AM, Hapa_Fodder said:

Introducing Soviet cruisers Tallinn, Riga, and Petropavlovsk—learn everything you need to know to achieve victory!

For my fellow WOWs posters, please let Hapa know what you thought about the video.  Do you agree with me that the information that they provided is helpful?  We have plenty of time to argue about the relative merits of the ships, blah, blah.