Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DevilD0g

Update 0.9.6: Another tier 8 ranked battle

13 comments in this topic

[RAN]
[RAN]
Members
524 posts
8,446 battles

Well here we are again, another tier 8 ranked battle. YAWN  YAWN  YAWN.

Why cant we have ranked battles beginning at tier 6,  then tier 7, then tier 8 then tier 9 then tier 10.   So everyone can enjoy the competition in ranked battles instead of a select few.

Of course we do know the real reason for that is possibly to push people to BUY tier 8 ships .  Nudge Nudge wink wink , Say no more.

[RKLES]
Members
12,440 posts
14,145 battles

I find Ranked tier 8 to be rather enjoyable as there is a very large selection of ships to chose from, most of which are good for use. Everyone has equal access and opportunity to get and use Radar ships I like tier 7 Ranked. And the maps at least in the upcoming Ranked are some of the better maps and also varied enough to help prevent boredom.

So you really can’t grumble about not being able to get radar as even F2P players can get it at tier 8, as well as secondary gun ships, good ships of any class, ect.

[FORM]
Members
1,425 posts
10,310 battles
14 minutes ago, DevilD0g said:

Why cant we have ranked battles beginning at tier 6,  then tier 7, then tier 8 then tier 9 then tier 10.   So everyone can enjoy the competition in ranked battles instead of a select few.

I always liked and pushed for the progressive tiers in WoT and I would love to see it here as well. Like if there were 20 ranks to get through, 20-17 are rank 6, 16-13 are rank 7, etc. Would definitely vary it all up.

[AXANR]
Members
3,597 posts
21,671 battles
15 minutes ago, DevilD0g said:

Well here we are again, another tier 8 ranked battle. YAWN  YAWN  YAWN.

Of course we do know the real reason for that is possibly to push people to BUY tier 8 ships .  Nudge Nudge wink wink , Say no more.

You seem excessively whiny today. 

You can buy ships at any tier, so your conspiracy theory that tier 8 ranked exists to force people to buy ships is hilarious. And 'a select few'...wut? The game's been out for half a decade. Almost the entire player base has multiple tier 8 ships. And a new player can grind to tier 8 fairly quickly if they stick to one line and grind hard, but if you're so new you don't have a tier 8 ship you probably don't need to be playing competitive game modes yet. 

T8 is a fairly well balanced tier with a lot of good options in each class. Whine less. 

[INTEL]
Members
12,484 posts
34,658 battles

Excellent choice with lots of fun ships. T8 was my favorite tier before it got uptiered to T10 all the time, so it will be a joy to play a T8 ship and get a T8 battle. 

What to bring? So many choices. But since there are CVs, will the queue be flooded with BBs again? 

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
12,440 posts
14,145 battles
1 hour ago, Taichunger said:

Excellent choice with lots of fun ships. T8 was my favorite tier before it got uptiered to T10 all the time, so it will be a joy to play a T8 ship and get a T8 battle. 

What to bring? So many choices. But since there are CVs, will the queue be flooded with BBs again? 

Well based on past tier 8 and 10 Regular Ranked seasons we will likely start out CV heavy and probably BB heavy, then it will shift into more DD and CA heavy and the CVs will be sporadic to nonexistent. Although given the maps I think BBs will keep up a good presence even if / when the DD numbers surge upwards as the maps are not quite as restrictive and the BBs are not quite as agility and close in weapons challenged as the tier X season was end of 2019.

And I totally agree with you that tier 8 is so fun, and what to bring indeed when we have so many good ships to choose from. :fish_cute_2:

[XXX]
Members
425 posts
782 battles

I'd actually say tier 8 is probably the most Balanced tiers. The NorCal, the Valdi, the Bismarck/Derptiz, the Massa (for the heavy AA if secondary specced) are all good battleships (the Amagi..eh it can work but...) and unlike tier 7 where the SinOP reigns Supreme there isn't a truly obvious standout for 'best battleship'. Now obviously CVs you've got the Enterprise so...yeah...but at least the other tier 8 CVs (apart from the Saipan and the Graf Zepplin) can give her a run for her money. As for CA/CL and DD, not too sure on those but you've got the Aki and the British DD for Gunboating/hunting other DDs, the new EU/Sweden DDs are great for their better AA and fast torps.

So in my personal opinion tier 8 has a VASTLY bigger choice of ships than almost any other tier, I mean tier 6 is going to be dominated by the 380mm ships like Warspite/Queen Liz and Bayern along with the Ryujo being the obvious pick for tier 6 CV with the other two lagging FAR behind (the Ranger and the Furious both don't put up much compared to her).

• Cool 1

[-DZ-]
Members
27 posts
10,035 battles

wargaming handles this choices like they do their elections ... totally fair and in the end its putin

[AAA]
Members
1,128 posts
12,695 battles
17 minutes ago, Yandere_Roon said:

I'd actually say tier 8 is probably the most Balanced tiers. The NorCal, the Valdi, the Bismarck/Derptiz, the Massa (for the heavy AA if secondary specced) are all good battleships (the Amagi..eh it can work but...) and unlike tier 7 where the SinOP reigns Supreme there isn't a truly obvious standout for 'best battleship'. Now obviously CVs you've got the Enterprise so...yeah...but at least the other tier 8 CVs (apart from the Saipan and the Graf Zepplin) can give her a run for her money. As for CA/CL and DD, not too sure on those but you've got the Aki and the British DD for Gunboating/hunting other DDs, the new EU/Sweden DDs are great for their better AA and fast torps.

So in my personal opinion tier 8 has a VASTLY bigger choice of ships than almost any other tier, I mean tier 6 is going to be dominated by the 380mm ships like Warspite/Queen Liz and Bayern along with the Ryujo being the obvious pick for tier 6 CV with the other two lagging FAR behind (the Ranger and the Furious both don't put up much compared to her).

agree. my favorite tier. Wish CB would due 8 more frequently. Keep the meta fresher imo

Members
489 posts
4,656 battles

Ranked with CVs is a hard pass. I want the steel, but not that badly. 

Thinking ahead, I guess we can forget about ever having T7 or T9 ranked again right? 

[NUWES]
Members
2,990 posts
9,909 battles

I agree that T8 is probably the most balanced tier with the largest array of ships with different playstyles. It's my favorite tier. That being said, a trip back to T6 now and then would be nice to let newer players try it out. 

Sign in to follow this