Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DevilD0g

Update 0.9.6: German Carriers are awful.

58 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

946
[RAN]
[RAN]
Members
524 posts
8,446 battles

what is the point of having planes with  rockets ( that primarily are used for destroyers), that are armour piercing and will overpen destroyers and only do 10% damage ???.... wth  and then recommend to use torpedoes instead that give low damage and we are told to use them on destroyers instead on the video,  What kind of mindscrew is this?     Like that's always going go to work and  be successful given how maneuverable destroyers are.  Then we are told to use Bombers on slow targets ???   really ???? German carriers are basically a heavy cruiser with guns.  But wargamming going through an identity crisis on how they want to implement them.   A real half assed approach.

So 10% damage AP rockets,

Slow low damage torpedoes.

bombers recommended  for slow ships so you get chewed up on AA.

BIPLANES ON A TIER 6 CARRIER  ... REALLY ?  i know arc royal has them but its a premium but not in a grinding  line.  That is disappointing.

Carriers are a stand off weapons platform not a front line battle wagon. With these guns some guys will use them like destroyers for sure.   A new carrier line that your not doing anyone any favours with Wargaming.

I wonder how much of this implementation is to appease the whiny Battleship faction in Wargaming.  You had a great opportunity with the carrier community but you blew it with these useless mechanics.

Edited by DevilD0g
  • Cool 6
  • Boring 6
  • Meh 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,200
[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,154 posts
4,364 battles
1 minute ago, DevilD0g said:

what is the point of having planes with  rockets ( that primarily are used for destroyers), that are armour piercing and will overpen destroyers and only do 10% damage ???.... wth  and then recommend to use torpedoes instead that give low damage and we are told to use them on destroyers instead on the video,  What kind of mindscrew is this?     Like that's always going go to work and  be successful given how maneuverable destroyers are.  Then we are told to use Bombers on slow targets ???   really ???? German carriers are basically a heavy cruiser with guns.  But wargamming going through an identity crisis on how they want to implement them.   A real half assed approach.

So 10% damage AP rockets,

Slow low damage torpedoes.

bombers recommended  for slow ships so you get chewed up on AA.

Carriers are a stand off weapons platform not a front line battle wagon. With these guns some guys will use them like destroyers for sure.   A new carrier line that your not doing anyone any favours with Wargaming.

I wonder how much of this implementation is to appease the whiny Battleship faction in Wargaming.  You had a great opportunity with the carrier community but you blew it with these useless mechanics.

I like this whine, because finally, we have a CV that won't just outright yeet Destroyers. I want the rest of the CVs in the game to be balanced this way, because my DDs are busy collecting dust in port.

~Hunter

  • Cool 11
  • Boring 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
946
[RAN]
[RAN]
Members
524 posts
8,446 battles

they are collecting dust because of the overuse of radar, not because of carriers.

  • Cool 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
157 posts
13,603 battles
Just now, DevilD0g said:

they are collecting dust because of the overuse of radar, not because of carriers.

Did you by chance recently suffer a blunt force trauma of some kind?

 

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,728
[AXANR]
Members
3,597 posts
21,683 battles
3 minutes ago, DevilD0g said:

they are collecting dust because of the overuse of radar, not because of carriers.

They're collecting dust, apparently, because you would rather whine about counters than adapt. 

Radar is easy to play around. Bait it, then evade, or mark where they are and shift to a different area of the map. I have ZERO problems with radar in high-tier DD play, and I'm not even that good (high side of average, at best, and even that's debatable.) CVs...I don't whine about them because I can play around them most of the time, but a good CV can shut me down in a way no cruiser can.

A good CV player can shut me down in most DDs no matter what I do, period,. Even an average CV player can shut me down or sharply limit my ability to contribute, if they focus me. A good cruiser player can't shut me down entirely unless I overextend. They just don't have the mobility or radar duration to shut me down without overextending and leaving themselves vulnerable to my teammates. Radar can force me to play more patiently but doesn't have a big impact on my game overall except when I get impatient and don't have an exit strategy, and that's my own fault. But with a CV, it's out of my hands. If I'm in Halland or Marceau, I can sometimes kill enough planes to make the CV stop focusing me, or if I'm in an RN DD I can pop smokes quick enough to get some cover, but no matter what I do I don't have a way to counter the spotting and damage a good CV can do to me without staying close to teammates, which negates my usual style of being out front spotting, controlling caps, and hunting red DDs. 

And that's OK, because CVs are in the game to stay and I'll do the best I can when I'm in a CV game. But you're hilarious if you think radar is more detrimental to DD play than CVs, and you are probably a terrible DD player if radar makes you scared to play DD. 

:cap_cool:

  • Cool 5
  • Thanks 8
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
170 posts
800 battles
24 minutes ago, DevilD0g said:

they are collecting dust because of the overuse of radar, not because of carriers.

Wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
324
[NWOC]
[NWOC]
Members
1,005 posts
11,713 battles
27 minutes ago, DevilD0g said:

I wonder how much of this implementation is to appease the whiny Battleship faction in Wargaming

....and DD.

  • Cool 3
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13
[SWAMP]
Members
18 posts
15,782 battles

Fully agree with you Poeticmotion, I to am an average DD player, however enjoy playing them, and yes I do have to plug my brain in when playing my DDs, along with all my other ship types.  I could not imagine the game without CVs and fully enjoy playing against them, they make the fleet whole and the game more challenging.  And how could you have a modern naval warfare game without CVs?!

Edited by TP152
  • Cool 4
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
635
[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
791 posts
9,648 battles

My clan's CV main is literally drooling at the chance to get these. Graf Zeppelin is his favorite ship in the game, and literally every final detail about these that I told him made him giddier. They have a strong toolset; it's just radically different from every other CV line in the game. Yes, they are weaker against destroyers than every other CV, but they are also far tankier, and are much more able to support a push with their own ship in addition to using their planes, which inflict more alpha damage against large ships than the other CV lines. Also, if a DD tries to snipe one of these, they will get a very rude awakening from the secondaries.

As far as destroyers being on the shelf; it's because it takes a lot of skill and a lot of anticipation to play well against both planes and radar in a destroyer, and a lot of destroyer mains either struggle with doing both, or don't want the stress of doing both (Which I don't get, because DD is the most stressful ship type in the game, regardless if planes are around).

57 minutes ago, DevilD0g said:

what is the point of having planes with  rockets ( that primarily are used for destroyers), that are armour piercing and will overpen destroyers and only do 10% damage ???.... wth  and then recommend to use torpedoes instead that give low damage and we are told to use them on destroyers instead on the video,  What kind of mindscrew is this?     Like that's always going go to work and  be successful given how maneuverable destroyers are.  Then we are told to use Bombers on slow targets ???   really ???? German carriers are basically a heavy cruiser with guns.  But wargamming going through an identity crisis on how they want to implement them.   A real half assed approach.

So 10% damage AP rockets,

Slow low damage torpedoes.

bombers recommended  for slow ships so you get chewed up on AA.

Carriers are a stand off weapons platform not a front line battle wagon. With these guns some guys will use them like destroyers for sure.   A new carrier line that your not doing anyone any favours with Wargaming.

I wonder how much of this implementation is to appease the whiny Battleship faction in Wargaming.  You had a great opportunity with the carrier community but you blew it with these useless mechanics.

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,903
[TARK]
Members
5,661 posts
2,267 battles

I find it sad that most players think rockets are the best anti-DD weapon.

HE bombs are king. Then followed by high tier rockets.

Tier 6 rockets and below are NEAR useless in actually killing a DD.

The most effective weapon against a DD for the Ryujo and Hosho are her TB.

The OP rant is merely showcasing his ignorance.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,200
[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,154 posts
4,364 battles
Just now, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

I find it sad that most players think rockets are the best anti-DD weapon.

HE bombs are king. Then followed by high tier rockets.

Tier 6 rockets and below are NEAR useless in actually killing a DD.

The most effective weapon against a DD for the Ryujo and Hosho are her TB.

The OP rant is merely showcasing his ignorance.

I bid you good luck trying to hit me with anything but rockets lol

~Hunter

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,903
[TARK]
Members
5,661 posts
2,267 battles
2 minutes ago, Hunter_Steel said:

I bid you good luck trying to hit me with anything but rockets lol

~Hunter

I regularly hit maneuvering DDs with HE bombs.

Its really easy with British airplanes.

I may only hit with 1 dive bomb...or 2 or 3 bomblets...

...but it does more damage than a rocket strike against a DD player who knows how to avoid getting devastated by rockets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,045
[ARGSY]
Members
18,956 posts
13,161 battles
1 hour ago, DevilD0g said:

what is the point

What is the point of making categorical statements (the title of your post) about a carrier class which, unless you're a tester, you have neither played nor likely even faced?

These things have been in testing for quite a while now prior to their release, and I can count the number I've played against on one hand.

You DO NOT have sufficient data for a reliable opinion. All you have is the same old unfounded, unsubstantiated complaints.

Carriers are here to stay. Deal with it.

  • Cool 4
  • Meh 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
946
[RAN]
[RAN]
Members
524 posts
8,446 battles
14 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

I find it sad that most players think rockets are the best anti-DD weapon.

HE bombs are king. Then followed by high tier rockets.

Tier 6 rockets and below are NEAR useless in actually killing a DD.

The most effective weapon against a DD for the Ryujo and Hosho are her TB.

 

the dispersion spread on ranger rockets is very large, on the tiny tims they are rediculous,  HVARS on lexington are best.  sure they are less powerful, but you can get more of them on target so it outweighs the wide dispersion of tiny tims.

Good patience is needed with bombs on destroyers for obvious reasons.  i personally dont have a lot of luck with them but im sure they are effective for daniel.  Good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
258
[KOTSB]
Members
627 posts
9,404 battles

They're awful?! Good, hopefully we won't see them much then. 

Edited by admiralsexybeast
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
946
[RAN]
[RAN]
Members
524 posts
8,446 battles
14 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

What is the point of making categorical statements (the title of your post) about a carrier class which, unless you're a tester, you have neither played nor likely even faced?

These things have been in testing for quite a while now prior to their release, and I can count the number I've played against on one hand.

You DO NOT have sufficient data for a reliable opinion. All you have is the same old unfounded, unsubstantiated complaints.

Carriers are here to stay. Deal with it.

Dont get me wrong, I am a carrier player and cant wait to get the new line but in some ways apart from the secondaries see it being nerfed before it begins.  wait and see.  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
559
[POP]
Members
963 posts
8,474 battles
15 hours ago, Hunter_Steel said:

I like this whine, because finally, we have a CV that won't just outright yeet Destroyers. I want the rest of the CVs in the game to be balanced this way, because my DDs are busy collecting dust in port.

~Hunter

And because it doesn't "yeet" destroyers it will be sub optimal and out classes by all the others that do "yeet" destroyers.

You will only like them when you see them on the other team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,903
[TARK]
Members
5,661 posts
2,267 battles
16 minutes ago, HallaSnackbar said:

And because it doesn't "yeet" destroyers it will be sub optimal and out classes by all the others that do "yeet" destroyers.

You will only like them when you see them on the other team.

The most OP carriers are the ones with the least ability to yeet destroyers (Hakuryu)...

I swear, the capability of the people to over simplify into ignorance is amazing.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
559
[POP]
Members
963 posts
8,474 battles
8 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

The most OP carriers are the ones with the least ability to yeet destroyers (Hakuryu)...

I swear, the capability of the people to over simplify into ignorance is amazing.

Incorrect,  hak was op in clan battles because there were no DD's and it's ap bombs were the strongest against the prevalent cruisers.  The most op CV in randoms is the Big E because she absolutely owns DD's and she has ap bombs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
413
[O2]
Members
187 posts
15 hours ago, DevilD0g said:

they are collecting dust because of the overuse of radar, not because of carriers.

Agreed. I am only afraid of the good CV driver. The bad ones just takes a pass or two on me and then moves on. But the radar ship always works (within range o/c). And they are everywhere these days. Just wrapped up a defeat in Shima. Last man standing on my team. Against 2 Dm. Donskoi's and 1 Riga. So there's that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
796 posts
5,464 battles

T4 and T6 are pretty garbage so far. The gimmick might look good on paper but people don’t just let you line up broadsides on them. It’s like having flying German guns with wonky dispersion included. Sure on bots that don’t move you can score 6 cits but fully kitted out AA melts these things if you aren’t top tier. The bombs are ok at 7k a cit at T6 with two bombs. Torps are actually decent but anemic. These things looked boss when testers were hitting people that didn’t know to counter but the words already out. UNIs will make them work but the rest will have way better luck in either IJN or USN. But hey what do I know? I’m not a super CV player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,903
[TARK]
Members
5,661 posts
2,267 battles
1 hour ago, KnifeInUrNeck said:

T4 and T6 are pretty garbage so far. The gimmick might look good on paper but people don’t just let you line up broadsides on them. It’s like having flying German guns with wonky dispersion included. Sure on bots that don’t move you can score 6 cits but fully kitted out AA melts these things if you aren’t top tier. The bombs are ok at 7k a cit at T6 with two bombs. Torps are actually decent but anemic. These things looked boss when testers were hitting people that didn’t know to counter but the words already out. UNIs will make them work but the rest will have way better luck in either IJN or USN. But hey what do I know? I’m not a super CV player.

Maybe people will start realizing that angling against planes is important...the number of potatoes I see who just give me the perfect shot in my Lexington or Ryujo is disheartening.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
796 posts
5,464 battles
Just now, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Maybe people will start realizing that angling against planes is important...the number of potatoes I see who just give me the perfect shot in my Lexington or Ryujo is disheartening.

At least with those rockets you get a little something if angled these can do literally nothing. The few times you can land big hits don’t balance out the majority of the time them being useless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
817
[5D]
Members
1,023 posts
12,961 battles

German CV have secondary to deal with dd , that get too close

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×