You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Thrawn_1

Lol No Wonder Elite Clans / Players Have a Lot of Steel Ships

13 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
Members
12,443 posts
14,160 battles

Between July / August players that Rank out, win the season of Clan Battles, and have the +10% Clan bonus to Steel applied will have a nice 16,280 Steel  added to their accounts by late August. Have another 30 day session like this later on and your up to 32,460 Steel and can afford any steel ship you want with steel left over. Chuckling how I never ran the math until now, likely because I was not as hungry for Steel BBs as I am now. But it does show just how easy it can be in theory to really stack up the Steel earnings.

So pretty much if you and your clan manage consistent Ranked and Clan battle results you can manage to get a Steel ship every 6 months with the coupon applied just like many players can get a high tier coal ship every 6 months. My clan and I do decent results where we get into Storm league, and I get up into Rank 7-4 often times. So my steel earnings are not this high lol, but still fun to see just how much can be earned in short order.

[O7]
Members
953 posts
3,816 battles

Most of the people in my clan have at least 50k steel sitting around with some hoarders like @bfk_ferlyfe with more than 100k

The new steel camos are a nice way to spend some of the stacked up steel but equipping such a camo is literally like posting a message "everyone shoot me" on my ship.

• Haha 1

[OIL-1]
Members
934 posts
15 minutes ago, DolphinPrincess said:

The new steel camos are a nice way to spend some of the stacked up steel but equipping such a camo is literally like posting a message "everyone shoot me" on my ship.

I was thinking the opposite. Will never have enough steel for a ship, but might get enough in a year to get a steel camo. Save $25.

• Cool 1

[AXANR]
Members
3,597 posts
21,671 battles

Meh, took me well over a year to save up for Bourgogne but there's no other steel ships I want. So I'll just keep slowly saving and maybe by the time I get steel built up again I'll have something to spend it on. 

• Cool 1

[FORM]
Members
1,426 posts
10,316 battles
44 minutes ago, DolphinPrincess said:

I'm definitely not anywhere near what you guys have, the only Steel ship I've got is the Bourg, but that Steel DM was tempting me (because the Freedumb is so gawdamnd gaudy IMO...) but you just convinced me to hold on to my little pile still. ;)

Members
6,347 posts
19,974 battles

Converted all of mine to ramming flags by buying steel ships, selling them for credits and then buying as many ramming flags as possible. I get to use my steel on every ship i play. Pretty slick, I think.

• Funny 1
  • Confused 1

[RKLES]
Members
12,443 posts
14,160 battles
1 hour ago, DolphinPrincess said:

Most of the people in my clan have at least 50k steel sitting around with some hoarders like @bfk_ferlyfe with more than 100k

WOW 100k+ Steel!!!!

Lol and here I am with my total game steel savings put about 22,300+ and then add in what ever the coupon steel price of Flint was and you would have my total steel earnings to date.

And yeah any time you are using something only elite or at least highly experienced players can get. It does draw many eyes and weapons towards your warship or tank. Lol like WOT Blitz they had an IS-6 variant that literally only the most elite players could get, which did not sit well with the General game population. Of all the times I saw that type of tank in battles I could probably  count on one hand the number of times I would see them survive a battle because they would get so focused down. Granted they would give very good amount of themselves, but if you get focused down enough you will fall even if the battle is a win. Wearing one of the top clan tags did not help much either as a decent player would know that if you kill any player with a top clan tag ASAP, the odds of winning would skyrocket exponentially. Which is why in Tanks I only joined just ok clans and turned down invites to join the elite clans because I could fight relatively nondescript and the top players if unfamiliar with me would not suspect anything until I destroyed them. Although a fair number of top players did know me and we would division and so forth, I just would not wear one of their clan tags because of the attention it would draw lol.

Thankfully Warships the weapons are not precise enough to get focused down quite as quickly, but it can still happen. And our course the maps are larger for warships which also helps. Plus other factors that prevent getting overwhelming focused down as easily as can happen in Tanks.

[MINVY]
[MINVY]
Members
733 posts
6,287 battles

We aren't all super talented and with hard core teams. Some of us work hard to earn a steel ship once a year, maybe twice if we are lucky. And not everyone has time to invest in every event. I realize that means some have lots of it accumulated. The rest of us appreciate the opportunities given our lower skill and time constraints.

Beta Testers
779 posts
2,984 battles

Steel economy is borked. If you're hardcore you run out of things to buy. If you're not however, you'll never get there. Even with the addition of daily Steel it would take someone years outside Clan battles. Years of one's life, fairly heavily dedicated to this. 

It's not a huge strike against the game - nothing is nearly as powerful as the Clan reward tanks in World of Tanks - but it winds up irrelevant one way or another.

• Cool 1

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,994 posts
4,505 battles
4 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

I am sitting on 50k steel because there is nothing that truly interests me. 

I would not be shocked if I stop playing this game one day without ever spending any steel.. 

[NKOTD]
Members
924 posts
8,446 battles
4 hours ago, DolphinPrincess said:

Maybe but in random the majority of players wont know what they are looking at.  Most randoms I play in have 7 or 8 players that are either very new or have rotten PRs....even at high tiers.

Edited by YouSatInGum

[PVE]
Members
3,953 posts
16,816 battles
2 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

WOW 100k+ Steel!!!!

Lol and here I am with my total game steel savings put about 22,300+ and then add in what ever the coupon steel price of Flint was and you would have my total steel earnings to date.

And yeah any time you are using something only elite or at least highly experienced players can get. It does draw many eyes and weapons towards your warship or tank. Lol like WOT Blitz they had an IS-6 variant that literally only the most elite players could get, which did not sit well with the General game population. Of all the times I saw that type of tank in battles I could probably  count on one hand the number of times I would see them survive a battle because they would get so focused down. Granted they would give very good amount of themselves, but if you get focused down enough you will fall even if the battle is a win. Wearing one of the top clan tags did not help much either as a decent player would know that if you kill any player with a top clan tag ASAP, the odds of winning would skyrocket exponentially. Which is why in Tanks I only joined just ok clans and turned down invites to join the elite clans because I could fight relatively nondescript and the top players if unfamiliar with me would not suspect anything until I destroyed them. Although a fair number of top players did know me and we would division and so forth, I just would not wear one of their clan tags because of the attention it would draw lol.

Thankfully Warships the weapons are not precise enough to get focused down quite as quickly, but it can still happen. And our course the maps are larger for warships which also helps. Plus other factors that prevent getting overwhelming focused down as easily as can happen in Tanks.

And we sometimes wonder why stomps happen:..................like all of the time now. 

Because the battlespace mechanics really aren't geared to focus a specific ship hiding across the map as you illustrated for what happens in WoTs; we see the ongoing separation between new and veteran players not only in skill, but in technology......  And that, is Stomp fuel.  Let alone a MM that is only 1D and only uses ship types. 

I was a F2P for two years in a clan that didn't have enough players for Clan Battles...  I managed to buy one ship with steel and a coupon.  Now, I'm in a COOP centered clan earning some steel........  That won't fix the endless stomps because of the large migration of players out of the game (retired and did not uninstall); switched levels of playing by only playing down to farm; or, just play COOP since the scenarios were de-funded, removed or tinkered with to cause losses......

This is a small map game my friend and if you doubt that compare it to Harpoon (pick one).  No, we don't yet have "Golden" anything yet; but, that is actually in the game and that is called Radar.....  And, we should expect "Golden" Bullets, Torpedoes and Rockets soon........   It's the only way this corporation can go since they decided to plunge into the "simple arcade shooter market" mode more than a year ago:.....more ships that do or mean nothing, shorter matches, shorter distances and more gimmicks.  Quality and historic values went out the window and if you enjoy this format........that's good !  But, we aren't where we were and that is apparent.