You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralQ

german cvs....WHY!?

96 comments in this topic

[T-R-F]
Members
522 posts
15,916 battles

The germans built one..only ONE CV and never completed her. so why make a line and making AP everything. WHAT THEY HELL ARE YOU THINKING!? Flambass just deleted a cruiser with 2 strikes from AP rockets. Do you even use your brain?

• Cool 6
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 2
  • Boring 8
  • Meh 5

[RKLES]
Members
12,443 posts
14,160 battles

Yeah I admit I am concerned about my cruisers against the new CVs. But have heard as long as you angle your ship so that the AP Rockets can’t hit you side on then you should be able to escape citadels.

[POP]
Members
2,773 posts
21,633 battles
27 minutes ago, AdmiralQ said:

The germans built one..only ONE CV and never completed her. so why make a line and making AP everything. WHAT THEY HELL ARE YOU THINKING!? Flambass just deleted a cruiser with 2 strikes from AP rockets. Do you even use your brain?

Because WG like going back on there word, I remember when Graf  Zep came out, LESTA stated it would be a one off no other German Premium CV's would be designed and they certainly made it clear in a number of announcements throughout the following year that there was going to be no German CV line at all.

Just like no tier 9 and 10 ships would be premiums.     

• Cool 2
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 1

[PVE]
Members
5,202 posts
22,432 battles
45 minutes ago, AdmiralQ said:

So your problem isn't that you got deleted by a German CV but that a super unicum CC was able to delete a cruiser in 1 in a game that had zero effect on your account at all... Huh

• Cool 7
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1

[USRK]
Beta Testers
92 posts
2,445 battles

You mean 2 strikes and whatever other ships slapping it. The planes didn't do all the damage.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
12,443 posts
14,160 battles
16 minutes ago, tm63au said:

Because WG like going back on there word, I remember when Graf  Zep came out, LESTA stated it would be a one off no other German Premium CV's would be designed and they certainly made it clear in a number of announcements throughout the following year that there was going to be no German CV line at all.

Just like no tier 9 and 10 ships would be premiums.     

I don’t really mind tier 9 and 10 Premiums so much as long as they cost currency like coal or something so that players typically have to put a certain amount of game time in and hopefully have the experience to use the high tier premiums by the time they get them. And let’s face it with the expenses in playing high tier sometimes it’s good to be able to do it in a premium. Then again WG has done some disastrous errors in judgment by making Puerto Rico to be a cash tier X premium ( Just buy the Doubloons and you got the ship.)

Now the German CV line and the idea of these AP Rockets really does bother me. Because it will heavily punish cruisers that try to do their jobs and likely at least some BBs as well. And in my opinion if a cruiser is pushing in support of their DDs it’s a matter to be decided between surface ships, not to be punished / obliterated swiftly by CV attack. Which is why I thought the CV Rework happened in the first place after WG had gone overboard with GZ AP Bombs that could severely punish any supportive BB helping their team up at the front lines. But WG could not directly touch GZ after such mistakes were made because it was a premium so they likely hatched the scheme of the CV Rework so they could correct these errors. But now they are going right back in that direction.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[RKLES]
Members
12,443 posts
14,160 battles
10 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

So your problem isn't that you got deleted by a German CV but that a super unicum CC was able to delete a cruiser in 1 in a game that had zero effect on your account at all... Huh

Well let me add some personal weight to this argument since I personally have been the victim of AP Rockets in my Hindenburg and the battle was a loss as the CV supported by their team worked through us. And I am now having to consider the idea of  very expensive overhauls to some of my ships to max out their AA which will cause their ship to ship combat abilities to be diminished some what as instead of main battery, torpedoes, or range enhancements I may have to go with AA / secondary gun modules in order to possibly get enough AA flak in the air to stop these things from quickly slicing up my ships.

Also very likely changing my mind from Bourgogne to Shikishima as my Steel ship thanks to Shikishima armor being able to take some hits and having more durable AA. Meanwhile Bourgogne is coated in that 32mm Armor skin that will eat AP rockets and AA guns that get wiped out all too easily based on how my Jean Bart and Republique are about AA mounts. I did feel the Bourgogne would be the more effective ship to ship choice, but now I am having AA tip the scales in my considerations. So this goes to show just how much WG is shaking things up in terms of how players are having to react to things.

• Haha 1

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
5,623 posts
4,314 battles

There were many complaints about the abundance of radar cruisers and their island-piercing radar. So it was decided that a whole new AP-rocket CV line was needed to 'balance' the radar cruisers. 

:Smile-_tongue:

• Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[KWF]
Members
4,172 posts
6,337 battles

Clearly CVs in their current form were perfectly balanced and well liked, so WG decided to go the next step with a new line.

• Funny 3
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 2

[MIBR]
[MIBR]
Members
895 posts
1 hour ago, AdmiralQ said:

my bayard can be killed by 2 BBs salvo, like in 1 minute... why CVs cant do the same?

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 3

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,642 posts
1 hour ago, Felipe_1982 said:

my bayard can be killed by 2 BBs salvo, like in 1 minute... why CVs cant do the same?

I suppose everyone is forgetting a citadel-filled broadside shot from a single BB that results in a dev strike and gg ? 

Had one this week, 45K dmg and poof, gone. I don't get those in carriers. 

• Cool 1

[SIDE]
Members
4,127 posts
2 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Yeah I admit I am concerned about my cruisers against the new CVs. But have heard as long as you angle your ship so that the AP Rockets can’t hit you side on then you should be able to escape citadels.

Citadel's? From rocket planes? Lol! Wut? 

[PVE]
Members
433 posts
17,173 battles

There are too many paper ships in-game as it is 

PAPER SHIP BOYCOTT!   

• Boring 1

[SIDE]
Members
4,127 posts
2 hours ago, Aivris said:

There were many complaints about the abundance of radar cruisers and their island-piercing radar. So it was decided that a whole new AP-rocket CV line was needed to 'balance' the radar cruisers. 

Well, that actually sorta makes sense but sucks hard for everyone else. Bombs are quite effective on medium and large targets like cruisers and battleships. That said, I'll probably acquire one for the lols.

Edited by thebigblue

[RKLES]
Members
12,443 posts
14,160 battles
4 minutes ago, thebigblue said:

Citadel's? From rocket planes? Lol! Wut? 

When my Hindy was hit I either took a ton of rocket hits that were massive damage yield on each rocket, or else at least some of the rockets scored citadel hits. I was absolutely shocked when I took those hits as I was like ah those rocket planes won’t do much against my CA, I’ll just focus my AA to shoot them down and half ignore them. Oh boy was I ever wrong about AP Rockets...

• Thanks 1

[CLUMP]
Members
544 posts
991 battles

Z9RZmVf.jpg

So cruiser will now get CV ap rocket treatment good very good :fish_cute_2:

Gww1lC4.png

The salt from DDs and Cruiser will be  fabulous :Smile_popcorn:Ya cruisers better watch out because your day is coming Soon™

Edited by LastRemnant
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 2

[NASSF]
[NASSF]
Members
133 posts
13,900 battles
3 hours ago, AdmiralQ said:

Ahh, come on! I've only been involved with WoWS for 3.5 years (lol) but I'm able to figure it out!

How's that song go....hmhmmhm, oh yeah... "Into every new ship line ... a premium or two must drop <3"

A favorite wedding song just a year ago!

:Smile_child:

Edited by SedatedApe

[WOLF3]
Members
25,645 posts
22,602 battles
2 hours ago, Aivris said:

AP Bombs were already doing that.  Matter of fact, Island Camping that Radar Cruisers are very fond of near caps, makes them extremely vulnerable to AP Bombs.  Eurobeat's NTRprise video from May 2019 and he smashes a number of slow moving Cruisers hanging around islands.

The first real strike play he's showing has him nailing an Island Camping Moskva taking a central position at "Two Brothers."  If that was a non-CV game it would be a commanding spot to still cover a lot of the cap and mid with Radar, while still having the island shield the side of the ship.  But the Moskva player failed to account that he was playing a CV game and he only set himself up to get deleted.  That's a Tier VIII CV smashing "Russian Bias" Moskva with Citadel strikes galore.

Island Camping, how does it make the Radar Cruiser vulnerable?

- The Cruiser is typically moving maybe 1/4 speed or completely still.  Either very slow or immobile:  Very easy to hit.

- The strike aircraft has the opportunity to use the island that the Cruiser is hiding behind to mask it from incoming shells, as a means to sneak up on the Cruiser.  Instead of aircraft starting to get shot up at max range, aircraft can pop up at drastically shorter ranges with very little time for AA to work the planes down.

- A very good % of the Radar Cruisers in the game are Heavy or Super Cruisers.  AP Bombs brutalize them.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[REVY]
Members
2,133 posts
11,584 battles
3 hours ago, AdmiralQ said:

Flambass just deleted a cruiser with 2 strikes from AP rockets. 

Flambass is an OP CC. He pretty much lives and breathes the game as I see him streaming practically every day. He is going to rack up alot of battles meaning he is going to be very experienced in this game compared to the average player.

Ever since the re-work went 'live', DDs have been complaining about rocket attacks. They say they are getting deleted by rockets too quickly, being focused on, targeted, spied on from space, etc. Now the German CVs have AP rockets which target armored targets, meaning that 'theoretically', the DDs will be left alone or over-penned. WG also released a video on the German CVs (Yay! Dasha is back). They literally said in the video that the best German aircraft for taking out DDs was the Torpedo plane.

[CLUMP]
Members
544 posts
991 battles
9 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

AP Bombs were already doing that.  Matter of fact, Island Camping that Radar Cruisers are very fond of near caps, makes them extremely vulnerable to AP Bombs.  Eurobeat's NTRprise video from May 2019 and he smashes a number of slow moving Cruisers hanging around islands.

The first real strike play he's showing has him nailing an Island Camping Moskva taking a central position.  That's a Tier VIII CV smashing "Russian Bias" Moskva with Citadel strikes galore.

Island Camping, how does it make the Radar Cruiser vulnerable?

- The Cruiser is typically moving maybe 1/4 speed or completely still.  Either very slow or immobile:  Very easy to hit.

- The strike aircraft has the opportunity to use the island that the Cruiser is hiding behind to mask it from incoming shells, as a means to sneak up on the Cruiser.  Instead of aircraft starting to get shot up at max range, aircraft can pop up at drastically shorter ranges with very little time for AA to work the planes down.

- A very good % of the Radar Cruisers in the game are Heavy or Super Cruisers.  AP Bombs brutalize them.

So you could say this is wargamings answer to cruisers camping behind islands :Smile_popcorn:

Edited by LastRemnant

[LUCK]
Members
1,835 posts
29,004 battles

German CVs: the answer to the question nobody asked.

Kind of like when they introduced Pan-Asian destroyers.

[WOLF3]
Members
25,645 posts
22,602 battles
9 minutes ago, LastRemnant said:

So you could say this wargaming answer to cruisers camping behind islands :Smile_popcorn:

People are talking like German CVs are WG's new silver bullet against island camping cruisers, but that's not how it is.  AP Bombs were already doing that.  To be fair, Enterprise in the RTS CV era has arguably the best, or second best AP Bomb attack in the game.  The only other real contestant is Tier X Hakuryu.  3rd best is I'd say Ryujo in Tier VI.  Fooling around with her on PTS and Live Submarine Battles was an interesting time.

11 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

WG also released a video on the German CVs (Yay! Dasha is back). They literally said in the video that the best German aircraft for taking out DDs was the Torpedo plane.

Welcome the new boss, same as the old one :Smile_teethhappy:

Do you want to be executed by a pistol shot to the back of the head, or the temple?  Rockets or torps, in the end it makes no difference.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 2

[MIBR]
[MIBR]
Members
895 posts
51 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

I suppose everyone is forgetting a citadel-filled broadside shot from a single BB that results in a dev strike and gg ? 

Had one this week, 45K dmg and poof, gone. I don't get those in carriers. 

yes!!!! they just want to complain about CVs... CVs alone can do nothing. there is no eeason for all that hate.

• Cool 4
  • Thanks 1

[CLUMP]
Members
544 posts
991 battles
1 minute ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

People are talking like German CVs are WG's new silver bullet against island camping cruisers, but that's not how it is.  AP Bombs were already doing that.  To be fair, Enterprise in the RTS CV era has arguably the best, or second best AP Bomb attack in the game.  The only other real contestant is Tier X Hakuryu.  3rd best is I'd say Ryujo in Tier VI.  Fooling around with her on PTS and Live Submarine Battles was an interesting time.

Yeah but using rockets is easier than dive-bombing :Smile_hiding: At least for me it is dive-bombing for me is wanky at best :Smile_sceptic: