Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
z9_

CV Emblem Changes. Really Dog?

14 comments in this topic

[OIL-1]
Members
916 posts

The requirements for obtaining the Aircraft Carrier Commander emblem at all levels have been changed.

60,000; 71,000; 84,000; and 113,000 average damage per battle in the last 100 battles.
              71,000; 84,000;         113,000; and 130,000 are the current.

Doesn't look like they put much effort into it. A quick copy/paste.

The thing is, you only need 108,000 for the Elite BB emblem.
The new requirements are still 'far above' everything else in the game.

I would expect to be seeing the CV top the leaderboard on a regular basis.
It 'used' to be that way.
Now the only time I see a CV on top is when his team all died in the first 5 minutes.

The good news for me is, I won't be chasing it. Saves me a lot of time.
The good news for you is, you won't be seeing me on your team with my crappy CV play as much.
So I guess it's a win/win?

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

Members
1,563 posts
33,869 battles

I have played a few and crappy or not, I often get complimented for team play. A badge for damage will never replace that.

Farm for damage in a CV and you are the worst, but win the match with the team and you are the Awesome One.

• Cool 1

[UNNAT]
Members
1,113 posts
5,878 battles
25 minutes ago, z9_ said:

Now the only time I see a CV on top is when his team all died in the first 5 minutes

Part of this is because CV gets much less exp than other classes do for... just about everything. Doubly so on a loss where they suffer an additional penalty to base EXP. Anytime a CV is at the top of the board, especially on a loss, they worked their butts off to be there.

Members
1,639 posts
32 minutes ago, z9_ said:

The requirements for obtaining the Aircraft Carrier Commander emblem at all levels have been changed.

60,000; 71,000; 84,000; and 113,000 average damage per battle in the last 100 battles.
              71,000; 84,000;         113,000; and 130,000 are the current.

Doesn't look like they put much effort into it. A quick copy/paste.

The thing is, you only need 108,000 for the Elite BB emblem.
The new requirements are still 'far above' everything else in the game.

Now the only time I see a CV on top is when his team all died in the first 5 minutes.

The good news for me is, I won't be chasing it. Saves me a lot of time.
The good news for you is, you won't be seeing me on your team with my crappy CV play as much.
So I guess it's a win/win?

Glad to see the changes. I tried to tell previous WG staff that due to the damage nerfs it was generally not possible for many to get the top emblem and was told it should rare and not easy to get. I guess they had a change of heart. Likely nobody new was getting it.

[OIL-1]
Members
916 posts
34 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

I have played a few and crappy or not, I often get complimented for team play. A badge for damage will never replace that.

Farm for damage in a CV and you are the worst, but win the match with the team and you are the Awesome One.

It's the same for all classes. Big difference between playing for the win, or playing for a mission/emblem.

If I played for the win every time, I'd never get anywhere in the game. It is what it is.

On a side note: If you only focus on wins, I've noticed that my play gets stagnant, and can get in a rut.
By focusing on specific missions, it teaches you different play styles.
Being able to switch between play styles depending on the state of the battle, can actually increase wins.
If I'm working on a specific mission, and I see an opportunity to win if I make a change,
I will usually do it, even to my own detriment. Winning is fun, even if it means I have to grind a little longer.

Edited by z9_
  • Boring 1

[O7]
Members
1,470 posts
10,421 battles

hakuryu and midway can do 20k+ per bomb drop, 5 bomb drops = 100k damage. This just looks like yet another case of this is too hard i dont want to get gooder please make it easier wargaming.

• Cool 3
  • Meh 1

[5D]
Members
1,015 posts
12,920 battles

The badge are easy to get , just stop chasing DD every match wasting your time for nothing ,   when i play my enterprise i top the board most of the time it not that hard ,

Git Gud basically

[USCC2]
Members
5,862 posts

Flamuu had a stream yesterday where he showed clips from WG representatives indicating the thinking with CVs is all about 'popularity', not balance!

If the CV play numbers fall below a particular number they will be seen as a failure - so WG is going full out to make them popular. Remember WG don't make mistakes! The graph that WG were showing did not look great either.

Popular means stats, means needing more people playing them, and for longer. 'Oh look the increased requirements mean I have to play longer.'  Ta - da!

I think CVs belong in game, but if the push by WG is all about 'saving face' and showing they got it right by doing everything to push numbers and not consider balance...that is worrying.

[OIL-1]
Members
916 posts
1 hour ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

hakuryu and midway can do 20k+ per bomb drop, 5 bomb drops = 100k damage.

Interesting. When I tested the Tier 10 CVs, I was going for feel more than specific damage.
I chose the Midway. Love the rockets.
In my new Lexington in Sprint, I was doing 5-13k dmg per rocket attack. The problem was 5 attacks and battle over.
Haven't tried it in the longer battle Randoms yet.
Gonna bide my time on the Midway until I see what currency the Roosevelt goes for.

1 hour ago, dad003 said:

when i play my enterprise i top the board most of the time it not that hard

My understanding was that the Enterprise was removed from the game for being broken OP.

But if Git Gud is all you need, the majority of CV players really stink. Played several battles tonight, only once did I see a CV barely make the top 3.

Members
1,159 posts
33 battles
3 hours ago, Tekina_ said:

Part of this is because CV gets much less exp than other classes do for... just about everything.

CVs have the same earnings as BBs. Exceptions are T8 on a loss as well as T10 generally as well as on a loss. Even in those exceptions the difference however is marginal and can easily be made up by their superior match impact.

17 minutes ago, z9_ said:

But if Git Gud is all you need, the majority of CV players really stink.

They do. Just like in every other class.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
5,202 posts
22,432 battles
3 hours ago, Tekina_ said:

on a loss where they suffer an additional penalty to base EXP.

You got that backwards... there's no penalty for a loss... there's a bonus (+50% base XP) for a win.

The base XP on a loss is the actual base XP that you earned...2/3 of the base XP on a win is the actual base XP that you earned...the rest is the bonus.

[UNNAT]
Members
1,113 posts
5,878 battles
1 hour ago, El2aZeR said:

CVs have the same earnings as BBs. Exceptions are T8 on a loss as well as T10 generally as well as on a loss. Even in those exceptions the difference however is marginal and can easily be made up by their superior match impact.

Blatantly false. Even ignoring individual ship economy nerfs which have have happened multiple times over the past year and a half,  a CV earns basically nothing from secondary sources outside damage. Spotting? A cruiser earns more than 4 times as much, a DD more than twice as much, and a BB twice as much. Spotting damage? A DD earns twice as much, and cruisers 50% more. Potential damage rewards are also a wash. Not that they should be tanking, but CVs are at the bottom of those earnings as well. I know you have a hard on for hating CVs but let's at least stick to facts.

@IfYouSeeKhaos

For other ship classes you are correct. However CVs have an additional bexp penalty on top of that on a loss. 

Edited by Tekina_
  • Cool 1

[MIBR]
[MIBR]
Members
887 posts
5 hours ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

No! if you are just an scout spotting dd you just make your job, if teams loses it is CVs fault, if team wins, it is because of pkayer that scored 4 to 5 kills or teammates sharing 2 a 3 kills each.

Everyone blame CVs,  almost no one praise.

Members
1,159 posts
33 battles
4 hours ago, Tekina_ said:

Blatantly false. Even ignoring individual ship economy nerfs which have have happened multiple times over the past year and a half,  a CV earns basically nothing from secondary sources outside damage. Spotting? A cruiser earns more than 4 times as much, a DD more than twice as much, and a BB twice as much. Spotting damage? A DD earns twice as much, and cruisers 50% more. Potential damage rewards are also a wash. Not that they should be tanking, but CVs are at the bottom of those earnings as well. I know you have a hard on for hating CVs but let's at least stick to facts.

Sorry, forgot to say that this is for damage only. The source is a TST or PTS change which made CV damage earnings equal to BBs going from RTS. Can't be bothered to dig them up.

As for secondary sources, tbh they are generally so pitiful that it isn't worth talking about them in the first place quite frankly, but here:

640px-Ship_economics.png

The number of stars isn't representative of the actual percentage. E.g. BBs do not earn exactly 4x as much for tanking than CVs, it just means they earn more for it. How much? No one knows, it isn't mentioned.

Source:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RaYd1P85fc

The wiki in this regard seems to be outdated and shows values still leftover from RTS.

Sign in to follow this