You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
slokill_1

Ranked tier 8

16 comments in this topic

[LEGIT]
Members
2,246 posts
30,714 battles

Starting Wed., July 22, 7 vs 7.

Sounds like fun with lots of good ships. 

• Cool 1

[LANCE]
Members
748 posts
5,600 battles

Is it definitely tier 8 mate? Ranked sprint was just that format usually dominated by whichever team had an Enterprise or if both CV’s were Enterprise, whichever team had the better CV Capt.

i agree there are definitely some great ships at this tier but I’d hazard a guess if this the case it’ll predominately be CV’s and BB’s again

[LEGIT]
Members
2,246 posts
30,714 battles

I don't know how to post the link but it's in the update 0.9.8 after the German CV info.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
12,484 posts
34,658 battles

It will be a welcome change from T10.

[KOTSB]
Members
617 posts
9,366 battles

Guess I'll go Champagne again. Had a lot of fun going on flanks and punishing broadsides in sprint.

[LANCE]
Members
748 posts
5,600 battles
1 hour ago, slokill_1 said:

I don't know how to post the link but it's in the update 0.9.8 after the German CV info.

Thanks mate, I’ll take a look :cap_like:

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,706 posts
19,604 battles
2 hours ago, Bravo4zero said:

Is it definitely tier 8 mate? Ranked sprint was just that format usually dominated by whichever team had an Enterprise or if both CV’s were Enterprise, whichever team had the better CV Capt.

i agree there are definitely some great ships at this tier but I’d hazard a guess if this the case it’ll predominately be CV’s and BB’s again

I used a few cruisers, 3 bbs and mostly destroyers...

[SOFOP]
Members
2,343 posts
13,746 battles

Ranked Sprint at T8 had a hundred plus BBs waiting...so if you prefered playing BBs, you had to wait a looooong time for a game.  It will probably be the same way this time.  The premium T8 BBs especially are just great, but almost all the T8 BBs can hold their own (except maybe Monarch).

From what I saw in the sprint, the CV was important but the BBs were CRITICAL.  The team with the better BB players seemed to win, DDs somewhat important and cruisers had it rough.  I only had a few matches in which i thought the CV won it for them.

[LANCE]
Members
748 posts
5,600 battles
1 hour ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

I used a few cruisers, 3 bbs and mostly destroyers...

I played my Mass twice iirc but mostly played either Kidd or Orland for the AA

[META_]
Members
693 posts
15,116 battles

I posted multiple ranked Sprint videos in my dds with cvs in the matches.... Kidd, Le Terrible, both games the cvs came after me... I did fine.... When you go way out on your own that's your fault, if you stay somewhere near the team cvs aren't that scary.. Check out my videos Meta_man2002 they'll maybe give you some ideas how to deal with the cvs, please subscribe if you like the videos

[SOV]
1,868 posts
8,476 battles

I played a mix of ships for the tier 8 ranked sprint, but for actual ranked I'll probably stick one or two ships, likely DDs and something good AA.

Kidd it is!

[SBS]
Members
5,378 posts

Start: Wed. Jul. 22 7:00 AM PT / your local time: Wed. Jul. 22 10:00 AM

End: Tue. Aug. 18 6:30 AM PT / your local time: Tue. Aug. 18 9:30 AM

Format: 7 vs. 7 playing Tier VIII ships
Rewards: up to 4,800 Steel and many additional rewards
Maps: Greece, Northern Waters, Haven, Mountain Range, Trident, Loop, and Hotspot

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/update-096-german-carriers/#ranked-battles

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
12,440 posts
14,145 battles
4 hours ago, Brohk said:

I played a mix of ships for the tier 8 ranked sprint, but for actual ranked I'll probably stick one or two ships, likely DDs and something good AA.

Kidd it is!

Yeah Kidd has good AA even if it’s said to be nerfed from what it’s perk AA was. I lack the Kidd, but do have Benson, Harekaze, almost have Akizuki so might be ready in time depending on if I get captain read in time, and Lightning ( (Which relies more on hiding in command than pure AA). Kagero and the French DD which name has slipped my mind are out of the question on the grounds of AA abilities. Biggest thing I recommend for DDs is to have BFT skill as it boosts output of all AA guns by +10% and most of the time increases rate of fire of main guns so it’s a win win. Some say you can’t really improve bad AA, but BFT can turn bad AA into at least ok AA.

[RKLES]
Members
12,440 posts
14,145 battles
4 hours ago, Slimeball91 said:

Start: Wed. Jul. 22 7:00 AM PT / your local time: Wed. Jul. 22 10:00 AM

End: Tue. Aug. 18 6:30 AM PT / your local time: Tue. Aug. 18 9:30 AM

Format: 7 vs. 7 playing Tier VIII ships
Rewards: up to 4,800 Steel and many additional rewards
Maps: Greece, Northern Waters, Haven, Mountain Range, Trident, Loop, and Hotspot

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/update-096-german-carriers/#ranked-battles

I think I will really enjoy this season as I love tier 8, I keep probably my largest collection of ships of a given tier at tier 8, and I am fond of the map choices listed when it comes to Ranked. Plus I only need an additional 1,500 Steel to get Shikishima if it wins my contest I am having with myself over which of the Steel BBs to get. And any other Steel I get can be counted as extra towards my next Steel ship.  And while I know the odds historically are low for me to get to Rank 1, I can still certainly have some good battles and get high enough to meet my current Steel needs. Getting into Rank 7-4 range like I often manage will more than do it. :Smile_smile:

Also Ranked is great way to resupply signal flags thanks to High Caliber, Confederate, Dreadnought, Fireproof, and some times Witherer seeming to be more easily obtained in Ranked for me. With a few Krakens thrown in as well. Ranked will last 26 days so I can pick up maybe 260x of some flag types plus extras.

[KERMT]
Members
862 posts
8 hours ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

Ranked Sprint at T8 had a hundred plus BBs waiting...so if you prefered playing BBs, you had to wait a looooong time for a game.  It will probably be the same way this time.  The premium T8 BBs especially are just great, but almost all the T8 BBs can hold their own (except maybe Monarch).

From what I saw in the sprint, the CV was important but the BBs were CRITICAL.  The team with the better BB players seemed to win, DDs somewhat important and cruisers had it rough.  I only had a few matches in which i thought the CV won it for them.

hehe yeah good times were had 

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
5,706 posts
19,604 battles
23 hours ago, Bravo4zero said:

I played my Mass twice iirc but mostly played either Kidd or Orland for the AA

Yes dd was easy