You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.

16 comments in this topic

[N9PTS]
Members
222 posts
605 battles

Future suggestion for Tech tree

Future suggestion for Tech  To increase the maximum tears from 10 to 12 which will give developers more flexibility and to keep the a Roman numeral symbols

Tier USA UK Japan Germany France USSR
2  will not be available will not be available will not be available will not be available will not be available will not be available
3 ?available slot available slot available slot available slot available slot available slot
4  available slot available slot available slot available slot available slot available slot
6 South Carolina Bellerophon Kawachi Nassau Turenne Knyaz Suvorov
7 Wyoming Orion Myōgi Kaiser Courbet Gangut
8 New York Iron Duke Kongō König Bretagne Pyotr Velikiy
9 New Mexico Queen Elizabeth Fusō Bayern Normandie Izmail
10 Colorado King George V Nagato Gneisenau Lyon Sinop
11 North Carolina Monarch Amagi Bismarck Richelieu Vladivostok
12 Iowa Lion Izumo Friedrich der Große Alsace Sovetsky Soyuz
 13 Montana Conqueror Yamato Großer Kurfürst République Kremlin

Edited by Number9Pounder
  • Meh 1

[LSNB]
Members
1,718 posts
6,095 battles

I really want the current tech tree ships to be balanced first before even considering averting resources to develop  "Tier XI" ships. I'm pretty sure WG would disagree as it's not their formula to go past Tier X unless it's Halloween 2016.

Edited by destawaits

[N9PTS]
Members
222 posts
605 battles
39 minutes ago, destawaits said:

I really want the current tech tree ships to be balanced first before even considering averting resources to develop  "Tier XI" ships. I'm pretty sure WG would disagree as it's not their formula to go past Tier X unless it's Halloween 2016.

I do agree with that point

This idea is meaning for more flexibility either on the low end of the Tech tree or the high and the new Yamato class  class

Doesn't really work well for at tier 10

Essentially allow space for either low tear or high tier ships that had not been introduced

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,332 posts
14,924 battles
58 minutes ago, destawaits said:

And those were not truely tier 11 and just special ships for the event.

Edit: if they are going to "add" tiers I would rather see a few tiers below tier 1 for the pre-Dreadnought ships.

Edited by BrushWolf
  • Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
1,147 posts
9,609 battles

I am not sure we really want a tier above 10. How many 18 inch (457mm) guns do we already see, do we really want something bigger or to see them with lower reload times?

• Thanks 1

[LSNB]
Members
1,718 posts
6,095 battles
8 minutes ago, MasterDiggs said:

I am not sure we really want a tier above 10. How many 18 inch (457mm) guns do we already see, do we really want something bigger or to see them with lower reload times?

This. If we ever see a Tier 11, I fear it would just be another generic paper ship.

[N9PTS]
Members
222 posts
605 battles
2 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

And those were not truely tier 11 and just special ships for the event.

Edit: if they are going to "add" tiers I would rather see a few tiers below tier 1 for the pre-Dreadnought ships.

Yes  Very surprising  Wow  Seems you and I have similar interests

But the problem that I've noticed over the years is there's no Room for those kinds of ships the way had structured I am which is the reason why I came out with this one

[VVV]
Members
2,918 posts
5,065 battles

IMO if we go to 12 tiers, the way to handle it wouldn't be adding even bigger more modern ships above the current T10. It'd be to move (almost) everything T2 and up to 2 tiers higher than they are now. Then the new T2 and 3 would be used to bring older, smaller turn of the century ships into WOWS, the ones that are too weak to have a place at any current tier.

In a few cases (USS Chester immediately comes to mind) we have low-tier ships that are buffed well beyond historical in order to fit into their current place. So instead of becoming a T4 in this change, Chester with less powerful historical armament could go into the new T2 or 3. The new T4 would be New Orleans 1898. (If WG doesn't want 2 tech tree ships to have the same name, just replace the T7 New Orleans with her sister ship San Francisco.) This is the example that leaps out immediately to me, but there could be other ships get shuffled in the process of the majority of the current lineup moving up 2 tiers.

This would open up room for 2 or 3 three tiers of pre-dreadnoughts. Mikasa being fairly weak at current T2 and weaker than the final generation of pre-dreads (especially since we've got the unrefitted, Tsushima-era version), would only move up 1 tier into the new T3. Stronger pre-dreads like ConnecticutKing Edward VIIKashimaDeutschlandLiberté and Andrei Pervozvanny would be in the new T4. So all of the current BB trees (leaving out the upcoming USN split to keep things simpler) would look something like this:

2 Illinois Canopus Fuji Kaiser Friedrich III Charlemagne Retvizan
3 Maine Formidable Asahi Wittelsbach Iéna Borodino
4 Connecticut King Edward VII Kashima Deutschland Liberté Andrei Pervozvanny
5 South Carolina Bellerophon Kawachi Nassau Turenne Knyaz Suvorov
6 Wyoming Orion Myōgi Kaiser Courbet Gangut
7 New York Iron Duke Kongō König Bretagne Pyotr Velikiy
8 New Mexico Queen Elizabeth Fusō Bayern Normandie Izmail
9 Colorado King George V Nagato Gneisenau Lyon Sinop
10 North Carolina Monarch Amagi Bismarck Richelieu Vladivostok
11 Iowa Lion Izumo Friedrich der Große Alsace Sovetsky Soyuz
12 Montana Conqueror Yamato Großer Kurfürst République Kremlin

• Cool 3

[N9PTS]
Members
222 posts
605 battles
On 7/8/2020 at 7:32 PM, Lord_Magus said:

IMO if we go to 12 tiers, the way to handle it wouldn't be adding even bigger more modern ships above the current T10. It'd be to move (almost) everything T2 and up to 2 tiers higher than they are now. Then the new T2 and 3 would be used to bring older, smaller turn of the century ships into WOWS, the ones that are too weak to have a place at any current tier.

In a few cases (USS Chester immediately comes to mind) we have low-tier ships that are buffed well beyond historical in order to fit into their current place. So instead of becoming a T4 in this change, Chester with less powerful historical armament could go into the new T2 or 3. The new T4 would be New Orleans 1898. (If WG doesn't want 2 tech tree ships to have the same name, just replace the T7 New Orleans with her sister ship San Francisco.) This is the example that leaps out immediately to me, but there could be other ships get shuffled in the process of the majority of the current lineup moving up 2 tiers.

This would open up room for 2 or 3 three tiers of pre-dreadnoughts. Mikasa being fairly weak at current T2 and weaker than the final generation of pre-dreads (especially since we've got the unrefitted, Tsushima-era version), would only move up 1 tier into the new T3. Stronger pre-dreads like ConnecticutKing Edward VIIKashimaDeutschlandLiberté and Andrei Pervozvanny would be in the new T4. So all of the current BB trees (leaving out the upcoming USN split to keep things simpler) would look something like this:

2 Illinois Canopus Fuji Kaiser Friedrich III Charlemagne Retvizan
3 Maine Formidable Asahi Wittelsbach Iéna Borodino
4 Connecticut King Edward VII Kashima Deutschland Liberté Andrei Pervozvanny
12 Montana Conqueror Yamato Großer Kurfürst République Kremlin

that is the exact same idea that I had I came up with is moving every single ship up here to allow dreadnoughts so they'll actually be room for him but I don't know if that'll be adequate enough just

[N9PTS]
Members
222 posts
605 battles

the problem is complicated but it seems like a lot of people want to see pre Dreadnought ships in the gameit's ironic that someone came up with the exact same idea by moving every single ship up a tear to a to allow our room cuz currently there's no room for pre dreadknots

• Cool 1

[N9PTS]
Members
222 posts
605 battles

In order for this to be done alright you would have to move up Saint Louis cruiser  South Carolina battleship with  Langley aircraft Carrier  Up a couple times thou be all ships above South Carolina and at South Carolina Along with the battleships cruisers aircraft carriers and destroyers

[C_NT]
Members
960 posts
2,477 battles
On 7/7/2020 at 11:56 AM, Number9Pounder said:

Future suggestion for Tech tree

Future suggestion for Tech  To increase the maximum tears from 10 to 12 which will give developers more flexibility and to keep the a Roman numeral symbols

Tbh IMO the bigger issue is WG just not making T2 content that would fit there like 1895-1911 pre dreadnoughts and armored cruisers or even T3 content(Dreadnought is iconic enough where it was always going to be an exception). Most of the low tier stuff people would want fits in the current tier structure, WG just isn't making it. For example most of the T2 ships that weren't made from this period are stronger than the ones that were made(semi dreadnoughts are way stronger than Mikasa, armored cruisers are way stronger than protected ones). Not only would these ships fit at T2 but the stronger armored cruisers could even fit at T3 and T4( heavy cruisers are introduced in WOWS at T5).

As for going up instead of down, we really have just about reached the ceiling of paper designs with your Tillmans and A-150's in terms of naval guns(not that we ain't missing a few like the Number 13, N3, G3 etc just that we've more or less reached the ceiling of their power).  Subsequent tiers would have to involve missles which are going to just be nearly impossible to add to gameplay. It just was really beyond recognition from normal naval conflict proper in a way Cold War era tanks for example wouldn't be. 

Just don't think we really need more tiers. Just with the low tier content they're the ones who charge 10 bucks for T2 content therefore justifying not making that same content with circular logic. They chose to make in demand content cheaper and not economically worth/hard to justify making that isn't the consumers fault. That's an economic issue, gameplay wise tier system seems pretty logical(not how they tier certain ships the system itself). 

Anyway if doing this gets pre dreadnoughts and the decades of fascinating history that's been nearly ignored I don't care, they should do this in a heartbeat. I just don't think this is why they aren't in the game.

Edited by Aristotle83

[N9PTS]
Members
222 posts
605 battles
2  will not be available will not be available will not be available will not be available will not be available will not be available
3 ?available slot available slot available slot available slot available slot available slot
4  available slot available slot available slot available slot available slot available slot
 12 Montana Conqueror Yamato Großer Kurfürst République Kremlin

[C_NT]
Members
960 posts
2,477 battles
4 hours ago, Number9Pounder said:
 12 Montana Conqueror Yamato Großer Kurfürst République Kremlin

I'll play. Think everything can fit T2 but if this were system here would be my picks and I'd set up the tiers more or less as the following as the pre dreadnoughts fit pretty cleanly into these 3 category's(except for Germany). Tier 2 is the most subjective there's really like a bunch of interchangeable classes ships you could use while most nations tended to have 2 classes of pre dreadnoughts with big gun secondaries, the latter being considerably stronger than the former.

T2(standard pre dreadnought with 6 inch secondaries), T3(weaker semi dreadnought), T4(stronger semi dreadnought)

USA

2)Maine

3)Virginia

4)Connecticut

UK

2)Duncan

3)King Edward VII

4)Lord Nelson

Japan

2)Ahashi(basically a non premium Mikasa)

3)Kashima

4)Satsuma

France

2)Suffren

3)Liberte

4)Danton

Russia(since all these ships predated USSR)

2)Potemkin

3)Evstafin(which might be premium with it's sister being on the tree cause it's actually a relevant ship that did things)

4)Andrei Pervozvanny

Under this model Germany wouldn't have a T3 or T4 Duetschland and Braunscweig would be T2 along with Mikasa IMO def not T4 far behind the best pre dreadnoughts of other nations you're listing. 

Edit didn't see the T2 that said will not be available will edit later. 

Edited by Aristotle83

Members
53 posts
128 battles

As much as I'd love to see more turn of the century/pre WW1 pre dreadnaughts, dreadnaughts, protected cruisers, armoured cruisers, early DD's and torpedo boats in

the game since that era of naval designs was very interesting it's just not going to happen sadly.

WG views the low tiers in much the same way they view Ops.. an irritation they can't make as much money off as opposed to tier VIII+ but one they can't get rid of because a sizeable number of players like these things.