You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
vikingno2

Player_xXXXX

14 comments in this topic

[-VT-]
Members
1,258 posts
29,996 battles

So this has happened to me multiple time over the last few weeks, today a player in a Vlad shot I'm because I didn't lay smoke for him in his Vlad.   Beginning on the game mind you and I am in a Shinonome , I am trying to doge tier 8 CV rocket planes. he shoots me several times and take he take half my health because I didn't lay smoke for him. I took a screen shot of the chat but don't have a replay, I did submit a ticket as well.    I wish there was an area in the forum to just name a$$holes like this. The standard reply from WG just isn't cutting it need some more detail on what the punishment if any was. If none fine I just was to know if WG has any spine.  

Happens allot with people you have PlayerXXXXXX type names.

BTW feel free to message I share the players names around the forum rules for anyone that cares to know.

• Funny 1
  • Sad 1

[NGA-A]
Members
1,285 posts
7,481 battles

Unfortunately it has become very common lately.  A newer generation of gamers are joining the ranks who don't care about rules and don't care about team play.  Toxic play is slowly becoming the norm.  Its unfortunate but we just have to shake our heads and move on.

[SMLSK]
Beta Testers
1,409 posts
2,241 battles

Best you can do is report him for unsportsman like conduct and keep on playing.

[NSEW]
Members
2,479 posts
12,063 battles

Unfortunately, you will come across player that fires onto friendly ships for many reasons (all not justified).  It is felt even more as a DD receiving hits and losing the precious HP pool that DDs already lack.

I too have many incidents where, a player would intentionally drive into my ship in a long line of smoke I provided pushing me out of it.  To just outright ramming me into enemy torps or enemy's death corridor.

As for them being reported, you've done the correct thing by submitting a ticket.  Let WG decide what they do, within their conditions.  We as player have no say in such processes.  Just trust in their judgement calls, that is the best you can hope for.

I would just take this as another special experience one would go through in a massive online player game such as this one.

Take a breath, click on another ship, and press that fun red button up top to get into another savage round of battle.

[-TKS-]
Members
3,354 posts
18,303 battles

Not surprising. This is what happens when WG's new target market for the past two years have been 12 yr old boys. 

• Cool 3

[REVY]
Members
2,837 posts
15,075 battles

i thought replays were now default on and in the WOWs folder?

• Cool 1

Members
279 posts
1,523 battles
1 minute ago, Lord_Slayer said:

i thought replays were now default on and in the WOWs folder?

They are. I believe the last 30 replays are saved, or something like that.

• Cool 1

[12TF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,241 posts

You do have a replay, the client records your last 30 games and stores them in the replay folder.

No game dev will send you an email to tell you want they did.  It's a human decision based on not just what they saw, but the player's past history, severity of recent punishments etc. 

They would have the people who reported it, constantly arguing with them that the punishment wasn't what they wanted, enough, fair, on and on.

[-VT-]
Members
1,258 posts
29,996 battles
22 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

You do have a replay, the client records your last 30 games and stores them in the replay folder.

No game dev will send you an email to tell you want they did.  It's a human decision based on not just what they saw, but the player's past history, severity of recent punishments etc. 

They would have the people who reported it, constantly arguing with them that the punishment wasn't what they wanted, enough, fair, on and on.

Thanks I will go look and attach it to the ticket

Why don't they just make all damage to teammates reflective?

Edited by vikingno2

[12TF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,241 posts
2 minutes ago, vikingno2 said:

Thanks I will go look and attach it to the ticket

Why don't that just make all damage to team mates reflective?

I think they want some semblance of realism, which is why the receiver still takes some damage, but they also don't want to give players an easy way to kill themselves in the first 10 seconds of the match by shooting a teammate.

People would use that to get out matches with ships in them they don't like or just troll their team.

[TRU]
Members
762 posts
22,813 battles
9 hours ago, vikingno2 said:

So this has happened to me multiple time over the last few weeks, today a player in a Vlad shot I'm because I didn't lay smoke for him in his Vlad.   Beginning on the game mind you and I am in a Shinonome , I am trying to doge tier 8 CV rocket planes. he shoots me several times and take he take half my health because I didn't lay smoke for him. I took a screen shot of the chat but don't have a replay, I did submit a ticket as well.    I wish there was an area in the forum to just name a$$holes like this. The standard reply from WG just isn't cutting it need some more detail on what the punishment if any was. If none fine I just was to know if WG has any spine.  

Happens allot with people you have PlayerXXXXXX type names.

BTW feel free to message I share the players names around the forum rules for anyone that cares to know.

Yep sorry to hear this as it is one of the dumber things to do in this game.  Get mad at a teammate that won't use resource on you AND you shoot them?  Room temp IQ.

I've laid smoke a lot for allies on trouble.  Some thank me and use it to go dark and heal, others blow right through it and then get killed - and then complain no one supported them.

The good news is, I have played thousands of battles and really do not see it all that often.  Now AFKers on the other hand....

[YORHA]
Members
5,368 posts
10,521 battles
9 hours ago, STINKWEED_ said:

Not surprising. This is what happens when WG's new target market for the past two years have been 12 yr old boys. 

Not entirely.

I had a Cruiser player that didn't like the way I was playing my Musashi so he unloaded a full load of torps into me , followed by "You deserved that"  as I sunk. When I checked him out he was over 7,000 games, with unicum stats and a member of a  very well known clan. 

Idiots gonna id.

Members
243 posts
10,010 battles
3 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

Not entirely.

I had a Cruiser player that didn't like the way I was playing my Musashi so he unloaded a full load of torps into me , followed by "You deserved that"  as I sunk. When I checked him out he was over 7,000 games, with unicum stats and a member of a  very well known clan. 

Idiots gonna id.

That's about the only time I'd start outing his grid to the other team. No one else, just him. I'd start with the explanation, so everyone knows why I'm outing him, but yeah. Fix my game, I'll fix yours. Enjoy the loss.

[YORHA]
Members
5,368 posts
10,521 battles
13 hours ago, Premeditated_Marder said:

That's about the only time I'd start outing his grid to the other team. No one else, just him. I'd start with the explanation, so everyone knows why I'm outing him, but yeah. Fix my game, I'll fix yours. Enjoy the loss.

Nah.  I wouldn't want to sink to his childish level.  Just left the match and moved on.

I did send the replay to WG but got the usual "Don't bother us with this crap. Our software is working fine at dealing with this so don't clutter up our inbox with you trivial complaints" response.

I may have paraphrased that a bit, but that was the gist of it.