Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Fatalimpulse

Interesting thought on the USN BB split ships...

23 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

103
[MHG]
Members
95 posts

You think they'll get the unique "speed bleed" (idk what the official term is) when using rudders like the lower tier USN Standard BB's? I feel like it would be greatly appreciated on these ships due to their lack of speed, even if it doesn't make much sense for the sheer size of these thicc boats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,014
[PROJX]
Beta Testers
1,526 posts
5,915 battles

At minimum these things would need to go 26 knots and a base reload of 35 seconds to be remotely enjoyable. 

Ideally these wouldn't exist at all, but at least the stats are subject to change at some point in time 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,993
[ARS]
Beta Testers
7,171 posts
7,517 battles
24 minutes ago, PotatoMD said:

At minimum these things would need to go 26 knots and a base reload of 35 seconds to be remotely enjoyable. 

Ideally these wouldn't exist at all, but at least the stats are subject to change at some point in time 

They would need a much lower sigma then.  The throw weight they have is insane.

  • Cool 2
  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
268
[KHAN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,809 posts
1,508 battles

Well the game does require team work to make the ships successful seeing how slow they are. If you want to depend on less team work the other BB line is available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,689
[-K-]
Members
8,505 posts
15,182 battles
7 hours ago, PotatoMD said:

At minimum these things would need to go 26 knots and a base reload of 35 seconds to be remotely enjoyable. 

Ideally these wouldn't exist at all, but at least the stats are subject to change at some point in time 

Why can't we give them a speed boost like Georgia, so that at least for a small portion of time you're doing a respectable 25-26kts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
933
[WOLFB]
Members
3,209 posts

I am just still dumbfounded that WG went with these ships. I know they dont really care about the NA fourms but we have done so much leg work for them.  

  • Cool 2
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,689
[-K-]
Members
8,505 posts
15,182 battles
17 minutes ago, Lonewolfpj said:

I am just still dumbfounded that WG went with these ships. I know they dont really care about the NA fourms but we have done so much leg work for them.  

That's a bit of a righteous statement, don't you think?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
684
[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
2,531 posts
4 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

That's a bit of a righteous statement, don't you think?

Not really - WG has made US ships plain yogurt flavored. They'd be the flat line on the EKG with all the other trees having exciting bits going on all around it. Aside from the planned Florida what exciting paper ships has WG really released for the US line?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
933
[WOLFB]
Members
3,209 posts
27 minutes ago, StoptheViolins said:

Not really - WG has made US ships plain yogurt flavored. They'd be the flat line on the EKG with all the other trees having exciting bits going on all around it. Aside from the planned Florida what exciting paper ships has WG really released for the US line?

That is the thing the USN dosnt need a paper ship line. And they could have used a secondary build Model which would have been popular. 

 

Fun USN paper ships

PR, Ohio, Montana, Wooster, Buffalo 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,689
[-K-]
Members
8,505 posts
15,182 battles
36 minutes ago, StoptheViolins said:

Not really - WG has made US ships plain yogurt flavored. They'd be the flat line on the EKG with all the other trees having exciting bits going on all around it. Aside from the planned Florida what exciting paper ships has WG really released for the US line?

Well, considering they own the product and the content, they have the right to design the ships however they see fit.  They don't owe any of us anything in terms of player preferred designs.

  • Cool 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45
[JACK]
Members
106 posts
31,032 battles

as i have a good win rate in the standards im looking forward to the new standards coming to game . Dont get me wrong i know they should lower the reload to no more than 34 seconds and these ships need heavy armor and be able to make at least 24knts . so long as they have reasonable secondary fire power after testing ill be happy . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,014
[PROJX]
Beta Testers
1,526 posts
5,915 battles
13 hours ago, Helstrem said:

They would need a much lower sigma then.  The throw weight they have is insane.

Well, that's the kicker. It's not going to be easy balancing that massive broadside without completely butchering the ships other stats. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
895
[USN]
Members
1,825 posts
22,987 battles
5 hours ago, Lonewolfpj said:

Fun USN paper ships

PR, Ohio, Montana, Wooster, Buffalo 

very hard to be a never built paper ship when you were commissioned just after WW2 and survived into the 60s, and had a sister named after a colony that went missing  without barely a trace.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
268
Alpha Tester
1,455 posts
829 battles

Either they need at all be buffed up to 28 knots.

 

Or they need to be the god of armor.  34MM of armor everywhere. Give Shikishima a reason to exist.

 

In both cases they need better reload and better sigma. 30 second reload, and at least 1.8 sigma.

 

right now they have crapspeed, craparmor and crapguns.

 

Outside of their pure broadside potential, and that's only on the tier 10 their guns are trash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,993
[ARS]
Beta Testers
7,171 posts
7,517 battles
1 hour ago, Xplato said:

Either they need at all be buffed up to 28 knots.

 

Or they need to be the god of armor.  34MM of armor everywhere. Give Shikishima a reason to exist.

 

In both cases they need better reload and better sigma. 30 second reload, and at least 1.8 sigma.

 

right now they have crapspeed, craparmor and crapguns.

 

Outside of their pure broadside potential, and that's only on the tier 10 their guns are trash.

Why do they need to be buffed to be faster than Yamato, insane DPS while being stupidly accurate?  This just reeks of "USA USA USA USA".

Adjustments will happen, and I hope they get some thicker plating, at least similar to California, but your suggestions are absurdly overpowered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
743
[SVF]
Members
2,037 posts
2,477 battles
26 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

being stupidly accurate

So, 1.8 sigma (ie the normal-ish BB sigma) is stupidly accurate now?  That claim of yours is the absurd thing here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
895
[USN]
Members
1,825 posts
22,987 battles
2 hours ago, Xplato said:

ither they need at all be buffed up to 28 knots.

 

Or they need to be the god of armor.  34MM of armor everywhere. Give Shikishima a reason to exist.

 

In both cases they need better reload and better sigma. 30 second reload, and at least 1.8 sigma.

 

right now they have crapspeed, craparmor and crapguns.

so your suggestion is basically make a line that's more or less a Kremlin on crack? That screams OP af.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
268
Alpha Tester
1,455 posts
829 battles
16 hours ago, tfcas119 said:

so your suggestion is basically make a line that's more or less a Kremlin on crack? That screams OP af.

As they are right now they have no reason to exist in the game. They bring literlly nothing to the table.

You have a better solution? Doubtful. BB with 23 knots don't work past tier 7. BB with 32 MM plating don't work in the current Cruiser Meta. These ships quite literally will not work.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
895
[USN]
Members
1,825 posts
22,987 battles
1 minute ago, Xplato said:

As they are right now they have no reason to exist in the game. They bring literlly nothing to the table.

You have a better solution? Doubtful. BB with 23 knots don't work past tier 7. BB with 32 MM plating don't work in the current Cruiser Meta. These ships quite literally will not work.

 

 

buff the speed to 26knts for the T9 and 10 and give them the 38mm plating standard on US BBs. Nothing else until we see how testing works

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,741
[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
17,111 posts
4,889 battles
On 7/7/2020 at 12:28 AM, alex08060 said:

Well the game does require team work to make the ships successful seeing how slow they are. If you want to depend on less team work the other BB line is available.

Or better, if you're a cynic and know better than to depend on teamwork that you don't bring yourself, then yeah.  Move to Montana.  Do not dawdle or stop for dental floss.  Move directly to Montana.

But I've grown to like the Standards and I have enough XP on Colorado.  We'll see how much fun is on offer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×