Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Flynag86

Siegfried vs Agir

6 comments in this topic

[90THC]
Members
66 posts
6,241 battles

This has probably been done to death, apologies.  I have enough FXP and credits to get either the Siegfried or the Agir and Friesland.  I’m not really a DD player but hey it could be fun. Question is, is Siegfried really worth the cost of two ships.  Hopefully those that have acquired the both can chime in.

Thanks

[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,239 battles

Honestly, it comes down to taste.

Do you want a battlecruiser (as, seriously, it checks every box) in the cruiser slot that would make BBs jealous of the accuracy? Siegfried.

Do you want a large cruiser that, personally, I'd just call a worse Alaska? Agir.

Do you want a DD that gives up torps to have heavy AA, dakkatastic guns and smoke? Friesland.

If you've ever wanted to do cruiser only missions using a silly accurate battlecruiser, Siegfried fills that niche. Agir, on the other hand, lost its only real gimmick, the fantastic secondaries. Friesland is a lovely ship if you ever thought it'd be cool to not have torps on a DD and instead have silly AA.

Personally? I'd say skip Agir either way. You can use the Fxp on something else down the line. Agir just makes me sad for what she could have been.

[90THC]
Members
66 posts
6,241 battles
8 hours ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

Do you want a battlecruiser (as, seriously, it checks every box) in the cruiser slot that would make BBs jealous of the accuracy? Siegfried.

Do you want a large cruiser that, personally, I'd just call a worse Alaska? Agir.

Do you want a DD that gives up torps to have heavy AA, dakkatastic guns and smoke? Friesland.

If you've ever wanted to do cruiser only missions using a silly accurate battlecruiser, Siegfried fills that niche. Agir, on the other hand, lost its only real gimmick, the fantastic secondaries. Friesland is a lovely ship if you ever thought it'd be cool to not have torps on a DD and instead have silly AA.

Personally? I'd say skip Agir either way. You can use the Fxp on something else down the line. Agir just makes me sad for what she could have been.

Thanks I appreciate the feedback, I was mostly leaning toward Siegfried but was balking at the cost.  I'll have to wait until the RB resets to get the x2 points and will be able to get her.

Edited by Flynag86

[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,239 battles
7 hours ago, Flynag86 said:

Thanks I appreciate the feedback, I was mostly leaning toward Siegfried but was balking at the cost.  I'll have to wait until the RB resets to get the x2 points and will be able to get her.

I understand. I wanted that silly dakka Shima, but 2m Fxp was just too much, so I get feeling a price tag is too high. In the end, I tend to consider how much I'll use a ship as to if it's worth it.

Still, you're welcome!

[ARA-I]
Members
103 posts
1,965 battles
16 hours ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

I'll chime in to say Ägir is far more resistant than Alaska. I've had more good matches with it than not.

It's a shame they stacked the big guns (with better dispersion to boot) and long range secondaries on Siegfried, though. I suppose they had to justify its painful research dungeon cost.

But then Ägir isn't exactly cheap, so... :cap_wander_2:

Edited by SeaShadowAR

[90THC]
Members
66 posts
6,241 battles

Probably stupid of me to waste so much FXP and credits on it, what the heck.....

Edited by Flynag86

Sign in to follow this