You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
kyesac

ST 0.9.7, Unique Upgrades

24 comments in this topic

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,420 posts
14,165 battles
4 minutes ago, lordholland4293 said:

it's the death of the uu

I don't know if it is the death but if you have the missions you should probably get going on them unless the RB is cool with you which for me it isn't.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,766 posts
4,630 battles
25 minutes ago, kyesac said:

I didn't see this posted anywhere here yet, so here you go:

[BB35]
[BB35]
Members
390 posts
11,030 battles

Yup, Death to UU.

I used the 5 dubs to unmount currently, and remove them from my boats.

[EQRN]
Members
2,029 posts
17,443 battles

The dev blog seems to be putting articles out of order.

I’m not particularly impressed with the UUs, but since I want nothing to do with RB I’m kinda glad with the direction they’re going with these :cap_look:

Members
1,225 posts
5,930 battles

Haku's and Midway's UU both seem pretty good and are basically straight upgrades if you were running the speed mod in that slot. 

[BB35]
[BB35]
Members
390 posts
11,030 battles

I'm glad I didn't spend 19200 Research Points, to find out my UU got nerfed. It was bad enough I did the missions and they got nerfed. (At least I didn't reset a ship line to find out)

• Cool 1

[WOLFB]
Members
429 posts
7,928 battles

Hmm, ok, crunched some numbers to see the effects of some of these changed/added upgrades. These are just some of the ones that stood out more to me, here's what i came up with:

- Z-52 - torp detect goes from 1.40 to 1.26 (so 1.3)

It's...something...i guess.

- Daring - torp reload goes down to 112.5 (from 125), torp damage goes up to 19,282 (from 16,767), and base conceal is now 6.63 (takes up slot 5 so no concealment module, but assuming you're running CE)

That torp damage is spicy but not sure if it's worth sacrificing conceal, since your reload is still kinda long.

- Kleber - Assuming you're running max conceal you go from 7.76 to 6.21 concealment, B U T, your reload goes from 7 to 12.6. Ouch. (with 50% reload boost that's 6.3)

Certainly...interesting, but that reload time increase is freaking brutal.

- Kremlin - Main Battery reload goes from 33 to 27.06, but range goes from 20.68 to 18.20, and at the cost of 1 off of your consumables totals (4 and 3 if you're running SI and 3 and 2 if you're not)

...i don't exactly see a lot of downsides to this, kremlin is already covered in so much stalinium that you can mitigate most damage coming your way, and if you know how to manage your consumables you'll be able to handle having 1 less.           Besides, having less range only makes it better for kremlin and it's magical dispersion curve.

Edited by Saidalphon

[ARS]
Beta Testers
4,629 posts
4,997 battles

I'll still use Yamato's.

Zao's seems 100% useless now.  The main point was the 20% rudder shift while still getting a bit of range.  The 7% dispersion reduction was mostly meaningless as Zao's native dispersion is so good.  With the change to the UU why would a Zao player ever take that over the Gun Fire Control System Mod 2?  You lose 6% of the range bonus for 7% of a bonus you don't need.  The loss of the 20% rudder shift make the additional 6% range even more critical.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
4,629 posts
4,997 battles
2 minutes ago, Saidalphon said:

Kremlin - Main Battery reload goes from 33 to 27.06, but range goes from 20.68 to 18.20, and at the cost of 1 off of your consumables totals (4 and 3 if you're running SI and 3 and 2 if you're not)

...i don't exactly see a lot of downsides to this, kremlin is already covered in so much stalinium that you can mitigate most damage coming your way, and if you know how to manage your consumables you'll be able to handle having 1 less.           Besides, having less range only makes it better for kremlin and it's magical dispersion curve.

Keep in mind you're replacing the main battery reload module which gives 12% faster reload, so the drop is not from 33 seconds to 27.06 seconds, it is from 29.04 seconds to 27.06 seconds.

[WOLFB]
Members
429 posts
7,928 battles
6 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

Keep in mind you're replacing the main battery reload module which gives 12% faster reload, so the drop is not from 33 seconds to 27.06 seconds, it is from 29.04 seconds to 27.06 seconds.

Bruh they take up the same slot so you can't stack the 12% and 18%. :Smile_veryhappy:

Base reload is 33 seconds, with the slot 6 upgrade it goes down to 29.04, but the UU is another module in the same slot, so you work off your base reload and take off 18% from it.

• Boring 1

[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,239 battles
Just now, Saidalphon said:

Bruh they take up the same slot so you can't stack the 12% and 18%. :Smile_veryhappy:

Base reload is 33 seconds, with the slot 6 upgrade it goes down to 29.04, but the UU is another module in the same slot, so you work off your base reload and take off 18% from it.

That's what he said, isn't it?

• Cool 1

[WOLFB]
Members
429 posts
7,928 battles
5 minutes ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

That's what he said, isn't it?

Capture.PNG.2a1392bc46b71f1f70fd020dd8f11d40.PNG Is with the new UU in slot 6.

Capture.PNG.9ac34d8646b00b0641f2f8a9c5d939e3.PNG Is with the normal slot 6 reload upgrade.

• Boring 1

[XXX]
Members
520 posts
927 battles

Ah they finally nerfed the Yammie and Zao legendaries...blech...not sure if the Yammie Legendary is worth it anymore, putting up with the glacial turret speed was great for the reload AND the accuracy but putting up with JUST for the accuracy when you could just slot the Reload one and pump out more shots.

Looks like on the EU server I'll be demounting the Legendary...

Also I'm sorry but that Kremlin UU is waaaaay too good, losing 1 consumable and a bit of range for a 27 second reload on those guns...which you're going to be firing from under 18km anyway...yeah...

Edited by Yandere_Roon

[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,239 battles
Just now, Saidalphon said:

Capture.PNG.9ac34d8646b00b0641f2f8a9c5d939e3.PNG Is with the normal slot 6 reload upgrade.

He was comparing the buff. It'd go from 29.04 to 27.06 when you switch from one upgrade to the other.

Where did he combine the two? You just posted both numbers he used.

[WOLFB]
Members
429 posts
7,928 battles
6 minutes ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

He was comparing the buff. It'd go from 29.04 to 27.06 when you switch from one upgrade to the other.

Where did he combine the two? You just posted both numbers he used.

Oh right, my brain was just working off of comparing the final totals, not the difference between the two, i never said i was good at math thinking. :cap_book:

• Funny 1

[-KIA-]
Members
562 posts
6,290 battles

Legendary Moskva now no longer very legendary. grozovoi is now even less effective. Torp kleber with no dpm. Zao that turn like a barge. No ty.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
4,629 posts
4,997 battles
14 minutes ago, Saidalphon said:

That is what I said.  You erred in claiming the reload boost goes from 33 seconds to 27.06 seconds as you have to consider what you'd have in slot 6 otherwise.

12 minutes ago, Yandere_Roon said:

Also I'm sorry but that Kremlin UU is waaaaay too good, losing 1 consumable and a bit of range for a 27 second reload on those guns...which you're going to be firing from under 18km anyway...yeah...

Kremlin UU is utter trash.  You trade one charge of consumables and 2km of range for less than 2 seconds of reload and better turret traverse, but the traverse was already great.

[XXX]
Members
520 posts
927 battles
Just now, Helstrem said:

That is what I said.  You erred in claiming the reload boost goes from 33 seconds to 27.06 seconds as you have to consider what you'd have in slot 6 otherwise.

Kremlin UU is utter trash.  You trade one charge of consumables and 2km of range for less than 2 seconds of reload and better turret traverse, but the traverse was already great.

That's a fair point actually.

[R-F]
Members
1,787 posts
10,853 battles

Some of those seem completely pointless, making the ship you put them on actively worse.

Some of them seem so good as to be mandatory if you want to field the strongest possible version of that ship.

Same as the first round of UU's, basically.

[SYN]
Members
15,860 posts
12,803 battles

X Zaō, Slot 6 

Current upgrade
  • Removed the bonus which lowered rudder shift time by 20%.

The upgrade was too universal, empowering different parameters of the ship. In its current form, the UU will be effective for playing on the open water using long range of main caliber guns.  

X Yamato, Slot 6 

Current upgrade
  • Removed the bonus which lowered the main battery reload time by 6%
  • Main battery traverse speed penalty reduced from -19% to -13%

This upgrade gave two bonuses: DPM and accuracy, and it was too effective. After the change, the UU will offer a clear choice between these two parameters. 

X Midway, Slot 6 

• +10% to bombers cruising speed 
  • +10% to HE bombs damage 

Instead of generally improving all plane types, the UU offers an emphasis on bombers, increasing their speed and bomb damage. 

X Hakuryū, Slot 6 

• +15% to maximum planes speed
  • -20% to engine boost duration 

The best effect the UU will have is directly before an attack, by significantly increasing the planes’ speed and lowering the time they spend in the AA zone. At the same time, the distance covered with the engine boost active remains roughly the same as without the UU. 

I don't understand their logic in nerfing the "straight upgrades" of Yamato and Zao, both of which are weak in the current meta, and then giving the two better CVs straight upgrades when they are all overperforming.

Edited by MrDeaf
  • Cool 1

[GGWP]
Beta Testers
1,661 posts
8,800 battles
53 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

I don't understand their logic in nerfing the "straight upgrades" of Yamato and Zao, both of which are weak in the current meta, and then giving the two better CVs straight upgrades when they are all overperforming.

Spreadsheet say you will like. Now you like. 

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,726 posts

The missions anyone still has might be worth more for the credits along the way, now.