You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TheGreatBlasto

How to Improve the CV Game

24 comments in this topic

[BROOK]
Banned
2,260 posts

Just wanted to run this up the flagpole to see if anyone salutes it.

:Smile_hiding:

Kamikaze pilots!

You send out a strike against a ship which fails.   Do you simply have the survivors return to the CV or do you order them to kamikaze the target?

Think about it. What if sinking that target is the last minute difference between a victory and a defeat?

:Smile_izmena:

• Boring 1
  • Meh 5

[FGNE]
Members
960 posts
4,568 battles

The subject of Kamikazes has been brought several times in the past. It won't happen, for the same reason swastikas are not used.

• Cool 4

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,431 posts
14,165 battles
Just now, CO_Valle said:

The subject of Kamikazes has been brought several times in the past. It won't happen, for the same reason swastikas are not used.

This and while individual IJN CV pilots did suicide into planes and ships the Kamikaze planes were launched from land.

[WPORT]
Members
5,502 posts
10,527 battles
25 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

No.  Just no.

[BROOK]
Banned
2,260 posts
6 minutes ago, CO_Valle said:

It won't happen

That's what they said about subs.  I first asked about subs in 2016 and people scoffed and said it would never happen.

Alpha Tester
6,440 posts
3,250 battles
10 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

That's what they said about subs.  I first asked about subs in 2016 and people scoffed and said it would never happen.

Subs are one thing. Adding an option for planes where they do a literal suicide bombing is another entirely.

I mean, just listen to yourself.

[FGNE]
Members
960 posts
4,568 battles
14 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

The submarine battle was/is a Proof of Concept of a ship type thought to have no place in the game.

You must see the difference between a ship type and a political/ideological/etc in-game representation.

EDIT:

Also there is no gameplay reward other than getting deplaned faster, and you can do that pretty easily if you want to.

Edited by CO_Valle
Deplaned

[BB35]
Beta Testers
3,112 posts
25,950 battles
25 minutes ago, CO_Valle said:

Remember when Submarines wont ever happen ??? 

[INTEL]
Members
13,069 posts
36,066 battles

Blasto what happened? This bait is not up to your usual high standard!

[BROOK]
Banned
2,260 posts
11 minutes ago, CO_Valle said:

Also there is no gameplay reward other than getting deplaned faster, and you can do that pretty easily if you want to.

I see it only as a last ditch option if you really need to destroy that one target to turn an imminent defeat into a victory.  I have had two or three battles over the weekend where the red team was ahead a couple of hundred points but only had one ship left to our two or three which included a CV.  A kamikaze attack might have won it for us. Who knows?

Members
3,759 posts
23,331 battles

49 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

This way you spare the pilots the Flight of Shame back to the flatdeck.

There are no pilots...lol. Just very salty CV drivers.

• Haha 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,116 posts
19,208 battles
1 hour ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

Do you simply have the survivors return to the CV or do you order them to kamikaze the target?

While CVs have eternally regenerating aircraft? No, I don't think so!

[FGNE]
Members
960 posts
4,568 battles

Kamikaze pilots!

You send out a strike against a ship which fails.   Do you simply have the survivors return to the CV or do you order them to kamikaze the target?

You have already made your attack, you want an option to attack even when you no longer have ordinance?.

Even if you were to activate the option before the attack run the mechanic sounds unbalanced and exploitable.

25 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

I see it only as a last ditch option if you really need to destroy that one target to turn an imminent defeat into a victory.  I have had two or three battles over the weekend where the red team was ahead a couple of hundred points but only had one ship left to our two or three which included a CV.  A kamikaze attack might have won it for us. Who knows?

You launched your attack and the red ship dodged or otherwise survived. The Reds deserve the win.

[V_V_V]
Members
677 posts
14,735 battles

have had two or three battles over the weekend where the red team was ahead a couple of hundred points but only had one ship left to our two or three which included a CV.  A kamikaze attack might have won it for us. Who knows?

CV Ramming Speed!

[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,239 battles

This mechanic would only have any use against a CV, honestly. And that'd completely defeat the point of what WG is going for: no CV sniping.

[BROOK]
Banned
2,260 posts

Dateline: June 2022

Wargaming is proud to announce the introduction of Kamikazes to its flagship game World of Warships. Changes will go live with the next update.

:cap_rambo:

• Boring 2

[D-H-O]
Alpha Tester
998 posts
2 hours ago, Umikami said:

While CVs have eternally regenerating aircraft? No, I don't think so!

What if they couldn’t be regenerated if you attack this way?

[CLUMP]
Members
837 posts
1,172 battles
3 hours ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

Kamikaze pilots!

Think about it. What if sinking that target is the last minute difference between a victory and a defeat?

:Smile_izmena:

S74R2F0.jpg

So you want CV players to deplane themselves because eventually, you would run out of aircraft :Smile_sceptic: So either you are proposing this to make CV useless in battle or this was just a random thought :Smile_smile:

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,116 posts
19,208 battles
2 hours ago, gbgentry said:

What if they couldn’t be regenerated if you attack this way?

Then players from sea to shining sea would be dancing in the streets while thanking every God that ever existed in the minds of men.

• Boring 1
  • Meh 1

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,809 posts
1,478 battles

CV haters will demand AA buffs if this ever happens.

Members
295 posts
20 battles
6 hours ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

5 hours ago, Tachnechdorus said:

Remember when Submarines wont ever happen ??? 

It concerns me that you both think there is a parallel here, and it isn't immediately apparent why it will never happen.

Subs were not introduced previously because of technical difficulties - WG couldn't work out a way to introduce them to the game that they felt made them a worthwhile and balanced addition to the game.

Kamikaze pilots will never be introduced because they are culturally inappropriate.  There would be many people who would be deeply offended if a mechanic like that was introduced, and WG's natural response to concerns like those is to, quite understandably, avoid them.  This is why there is no Rising Sun flag or Swastikas for example.  It is a complete non-starter of a suggestion.